• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So what did your flight cost?-

To spin from my own thread...when do flights come up? If we plan to go August 2014 when do I start watching for the deals, when will they even be listed? We hope to know DH's exact holiday schedule by end of November, book the trip early December and than watch for flights. Better to book right away or wait for last minute. I do admit I'm hoping for direct, with three kids seems less stressful, but I'm not against one stop if it saves a good chunk of money.

We got direct flights out of Manchester, NH with Southwest for 191.80 return, 767.20 for all four us. We are flying out on Sept 19 and returning on Sept 27th

It will be a 9 hour drive down :( But for that price I think it is worth it. Thank goodness for Disney Podcast to listen to all the way down! I'll be too depressed to listen to them on the way back though.

We booked in June, which was three months out. I have been tracking flights for a couple of months before and after June, and this was the cheapest I have seen them.

We're flying mid sept Toronto to Orlando non stop and it cost us $1530 for five of us. We're flying with Air Transat

We are flying JetBlue from Syracuse, NY to Orlando (direct) the first week of February. We are paying $219.80 USD each inclusive. Our flight times are such that we do not require a hotel stay in Syracuse before we fly out. We booked the last week in June and it was the dates the furthest out that we could book.

In March 2011 we priced out of Syracuse, Buffalo and T.O. The difference to fly from T.O was only $100 more (total - not per person) and necessitated a hotel the night before.... we flew Sunwing out of T.O and had a great experience.

I booked 10 of us non- stop, buf- mco, October. For 8 of us I got $202 then price went up to $243 for the other 2.

We are flying out of Buffalo right before Christmas (JetBlue) and into Toronto first week of January (Air Canada).....375 r/t each.

Just booked our March Break flights, Southwest out of BUF to MCO. For 4 of us it was $1079.60 each way...

kuhltiffany said:
Just booked our March Break flights, Southwest out of BUF to MCO. For 4 of us it was $1079.60 each way...

Whoa really? So $2150 total? That is very expensive.

jpessa said:
Whoa really? So $2150 total? That is very expensive.

Not really for March Break. If you don't book within the first couple of hours of it going on sale the SW price rises pretty quickly. Even with that the openning prices are higher for those dates (they model based upon past demand).

Most of the flights on SW for March Break 2013 after the initial rush were in the 300-350 range pp per leg. AC/WJ by comparison were in the 4-5k range for 4.

darwinsrule said:
Not really for March Break. If you don't book within the first couple of hours of it going on sale the SW price rises pretty quickly. Even with that the openning prices are higher for those dates (they model based upon past demand).

Most of the flights on SW for March Break 2013 after the initial rush were in the 300-350 range pp per leg. AC/WJ by comparison were in the 4-5k range for 4.

Wow! That's so much more than what I'm used to. Don't look forward to DD being old enough where I'll have to take her during school holidays. Only 3 now so we're good!

4 of us from Winnipeg to Orlando in JANUARY .................non stop return flight......total cost.......

$2900!

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

$2620.00 non-stop Winnipeg to Orlando on WJ, 4 people

Could drive to Grand Forks and fly Allegiant for about $1000 less but by the time you factor in hotels, baggage fees and having to drive down in January in a possible blizzard isn't worth it to me.

So far we have only booked our flight home, MCO to YHZ $183. Direct flight, leave at 10:45.

To spin from my own thread...when do flights come up? If we plan to go August 2014 when do I start watching for the deals, when will they even be listed? We hope to know DH's exact holiday schedule by end of November, book the trip early December and than watch for flights. Better to book right away or wait for last minute. I do admit I'm hoping for direct, with three kids seems less stressful, but I'm not against one stop if it saves a good chunk of money.

We purchased our tickets for both August trips (2012 and 2013) the January prior in each case. Not immediately after tickets were released, but shortly thereafter. We booked via JetBlue out of Syracuse for both August vacations (it was cheaper than Buffalo for our dates). Flights were directly/non-stop both ways for both trips. Paid $868 for three of us, round trip, in 2012 and $940 for three, round trip, this year.

So far we have only booked our flight home, MCO to YHZ $183. Direct flight, leave at 10:45.

Mind if I ask for your dates and airline? I'm appalled at the March Break flights this year.. WestJet is ~$1200 direct March 6-16th. Ouch.

Last minute trip decision for me. dec 3 departure , dec 9 th return.
YEG (Edmonton) to MCO
1 person = $861!!!!! (Included seat selection)
I've never paid that much for a flight before! ( west jet) - I always tend to fly WJ. Usually I pay about $550-$650 from Edmonton at most! ( gone are the $350 fares of 2008 :( ) -- this flight was early Dec and booked just today so it is higher than I like, but sure to become even higher if I waited!!!

WestJet direct flight from Ottawa to Orlando 11/14 to 11/23 $530pp.

There is probably could cheaper on other airlines but it's direct flight and we get a check-in bag.

I flew from Ottawa to Ft Lauderdale in January and I flew united airlines for $450pp but with stop overs and it was pretty much a whole day traveling....never again...lol

My kids actually have the Friday before March Break off this year.:cool1:
Since it is very difficult for DH to get the week of March Break off ( did Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy this year), we decided he would take the week before off. So will be fly out on March 5 (DS 18th birthday), and return on the 12.
That way, I only have to take the kids out of school 2 days, and the flights are Wed-Wed, so super cheap.
DH will actually fly back on the Monday, as he goes in for night shift that night.
$1019.20 all in return for SW out of Buffalo, all direct flights

As a comparison, this year flying in on the Friday, and back on the following Sunday on the March Break weekend, our flights were

$1650.40:sad2::crazy2:

Man, those US air carriers see us pasty white Canadians coming;)

4 of us from Winnipeg to Orlando in JANUARY .................non stop return flight......total cost.......

$2900!

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

$2620.00 non-stop Winnipeg to Orlando on WJ, 4 people

Could drive to Grand Forks and fly Allegiant for about $1000 less but by the time you factor in hotels, baggage fees and having to drive down in January in a possible blizzard isn't worth it to me.

We have already booked our flights from Winnipeg on United, connecting through Chicago which is a PITA, but total was $3050 for 6 of us. Just checked Westjet's direct flight - $5045!! seriously, what is up with their prices?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter