• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So what did your flight cost?-

We just booked on Air Canada YYZ to MCO, $475 direct per ticket, there is 8 of us.

Last year we paid $380 each direct on Sunwing.

$187.80 pp/taxes in/direct/return on Southwest out of Buffalo, Sept 25 - Oct. 1. Total for 3 of us $563.40. Not too shabby! :) I'm glad I booked when I did because it is more now. Booked in June.

We are following prices for direct from montreal to mco in Nov and AC is at 750$ (!!!!) even air transat is priced at near 550$. Hopefully our patience pays off.

We just paid $816.00 return from flint to tampa. Dec 23 to Jan 3. Then $999. Return from buf to orland march 7 to 15.

We flew TO-MCO last October and April. We paid $1200 both times for direct flights, 3 people. DH refuses to drive to Buffalo to fly to FL, and refuses any flight with a layover. We are driving to Detroit though to fly to CA two weeks from now. Couldn't justify paying the same for TO flights as DET flights/hotel/car!

We have gotten to the point that my husband *insists* that we fly out of Buffalo, because we do all of our duty free shopping there on our way back and don't have to worry about taking it all on the plane! (It doesn't hurt that he always picks up a nice bottle of scotch from the giant "Supermarket Liquors" store in Niagara Falls, NY...) :)

$662 for 3 direct round trip tickets from Hartford, Connecticut on JetBlue in February.

We fly out of Buffalo on SW - Aug 21 - 30 = $913 for the 4 of us direct down and back to Tampa.
Also booked SW for December 15 -22 trip $1003 direct down and back to Tampa again.

For both reservations, Orlando was more expensive by about $400 when I was booking.

We have gotten to the point that my husband *insists* that we fly out of Buffalo, because we do all of our duty free shopping there on our way back and don't have to worry about taking it all on the plane! (It doesn't hurt that he always picks up a nice bottle of scotch from the giant "Supermarket Liquors" store in Niagara Falls, NY...) :)

We love flying from SYR or BUF because we don't have to worry about clearing customs at the airport :thumbsup2 . Oh yeah, and the lower price of flights is a huge bonus too! :goodvibes

We will most likely fly out of Detroit, unless by some miracle Toronto (or better yet London) offers an amazing deal.

I am in the serious planning stage. I will be booking October for our trip August 2014.

Right now I can't even get estimate prices for flights as they are not open to book that far ahead (nor do I have set dates until DH gets his holiday approval for next year).

I know when scanning around earlier this year tickets ran around $260 round before all the fees.

Was that the average this year? Tips to finding the best price (I've seen the erase cookies tip)? Best website to use and find deals?

Use sites like Hipmunk.com and Kayak.com to help show you fares across multiple websites...if it helps I found a fare from London to Orlando for $368 for February 2014 I delayed too long in booking and lost the great fare...sometimes United has some good deals out of London connecting in Chicago... If all else fails I typically fly out of BUF or DTW..The best part about flying Southwest out of Buffalo is that if the price drops you can get a credit in your account...they dont charge any fees for changing flights and bags fly free...

Flying from Seattle to Orlando (live in Vancouver) RT $342 per person with SouthWest!

Have you priced Delta out of Winnipeg? Found them to be quite competitively priced.

Agree with this. We booked Delta for our trip from Winnipeg Sept. 6-16 and paid $511 per person w/tax. I'll take Delta via Minneapolis over going thru Toronto any day, plus their prices/connections are better than AC and WestJet.

I booked our flights to DL last year on Black Friday we got them for under $200 each, Seattle - Santa Ana. If your patient it might be worth waiting. I used last minute travel to book it.

We're flying Toronto to Orlando, Aug 18-25, on Sunwing for $356 per person after tax/fees. I bought our airfare in April and haven't seen that price since!

we're flying from yyz to mco and we paid $3000 for 6 of us (kinda expensive, but we used points and it ended up costing $20.48) (Flying dec 7-14)

Flying out of Syracuse with Jet Blue but we live in Ottawa. Paid $912 CAD for 5 of us for our December trip.

Ugh...reading this thread is depressing. Flights out of Regina are so expensive compared to everyone else. I thought we got a good deal at just over $500 per ticket so our total for 4 people was around $2020 or so. That's for next Easter and that is cheap from here!

Flying out of Syracuse with Jet Blue but we live in Ottawa. Paid $912 CAD for 5 of us for our December trip.

Wow!!!! You did freakin' awesome!

That what we paid for our family of three for August.

Are they non-stop flights in both directions?

Wow!!!! You did freakin' awesome!

That what we paid for our family of three for August.

Are they non-stop flights in both directions?

I agree this is my dream price. There will be 5 of us flying out as well, so far I have the budget so that the entire trip itself will be paid for cash, but flights will have to go on cc. I am budgeting $1500, but to find seats for under $1000 would be heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter