So...what attractions do you feel aren't worth attending?

Herfnerd

DIS Veteran
DW and I are heading down in 10 days - just the two of us

While going over our TP, we both agreed that we are going to skip Its a Small World - she did it once and not interested in doing it again and my father overdid it with this one when we were growing up.

We are also not too keen on Captain Jack Sparrow at DHS - the reviews seem to to only reinforce that one for us.

We are split on Belle, but its not what you think - I want to go and she isn't too keen on it

DW and I are heading down in 10 days.

While going over our TP, we both agreed that we are going to skip Its a Small World - she not interested and my father overdid it with this one when I was growing up.

We are also not too keen on Captain Jack Sparrow at DHS - the reviews seem to be less than stellar.

We are split on Belle, but its not what you think - I want to go and she isn't too keen on it

Just the two of us this time around!

I actually thought the Jack Sparrow thing was pretty good. If you want to go to ETWB, either rope drop or late at night.

Disney couldn't pay me to ever waste my time on Stich's Great Escape again. Did it on my 1st trip and didn't enjoy it at all.

Soarin!

I have been on it and just don't get the hype... so not worth the wait (for me) but I am sure people will say that it is and other will say that they don't like some ride that I like.

So I guess in a post like this you are going to see every ride listed at least once. That is the great part about Disney there is a ride (or 20) for everyone :cool1:

Disney couldn't pay me to ever waste my time on Stich's Great Escape again. Did it on my 1st trip and didn't enjoy it at all.

Agreed.

I don't know if that Narnia thing at DHS is still going, but that too is a huge waste of time (and valuable space).

In my opinion there are a few rides that are not worth going on.

In Magic Kingdom: The Jungle Cruise is boring, stitches great escape is horrible I still gag thinking of the hot dog burp effect, And I know that this is my own opinion here but Adventures of Winnie The Pooh is really not that great of a ride especially considering the fact that there is always a huge line.

I would say to not discredit any of the rides based on other opinions and just try to do everything that you can and then come back and hit your standout favorites. You may find what to you is a sleeper hit that other people don't really enjoy all that much.

Stitch is my favorite character, but Stitch's Great Escape isn't that great.

On the other hand, I LOVE It's a Small World. I'm just a sucker for any 'water' ride! :rotfl:

At Disneyland, definately its a small world.... hate that ride! Jungle cruise is another unless you are tired and just wanna get on a ride to rest your feet. I feel like haunted mansion is another unless its a special one where they change the decor to the nightmare before xmas. All the kiddie rides like winnie the pooh also. Im over them but will get on them if i feel like I need to sit down for a few minutes.

Soarin!

I have been on it and just don't get the hype... so not worth the wait (for me) but I am sure people will say that it is and other will say that they don't like some ride that I like.

So I guess in a post like this you are going to see every ride listed at least once. That is the great part about Disney there is a ride (or 20) for everyone :cool1:

I use to agree about doing snorin until I got a chance to be top row middle..totally different experience. Now I wait and request that spot and enjoy the ride

as far as not doing somethig..if you have never done it, with a 10 day trip..why not try it? no way to know what you may like or not like until you do

It depends on the criteria, right? For example, for thrill versus waittime - I put Toy Story Mania way down on the list. Oh sure, we rode it twice each visit, but right at RD with no line. But in the end, it is not much more than a video game. Even Buzz seems better, due to the real environment you are in. Yep, I said it - vote No to TSM if wait > 5 mins. We saw posted times top 2 hours last week. Standing in line for 150 mins to play a video game. However, TSM queue is my favorite...looks just like my own room as a kid - same toys, same make-believe contraptions.

Agree on Stitch. Alien Encounter puts this replacement to shame. Sure, not exactly MK demographics, but AE was a great and creative scare ride. Stitch being its sophomoric follow up is a disgrace to the diehard Stitch fans out there.

PaterPan and Pooh are great little rides for small kids and very nostalgic for adults. But so not worth more than a 10 min wait. Get these out of the way early in the day. IASW should be one and done for all visitors.

Here is one - Journey into Imagination. Both the latest rendition of the ride and the interactive zone afterwards are mere shells of what were very cool attractions 20 years ago. Fine to replace an attraction, but don't gut one. Again a let-down to diehard Figment fans.

I forget the name, but the Exploration area in AK you take the train to. The lab portion is not enough for those truly interested in animal sciences and the so-called petting zoo is out performed by even the local 4H fair. This is likely a neat area when on some backstage tour where you get to talk with the real vets and techs that make AK work, but not as a normal tourist.

Soarin'? We think only row 1 is worth riding. Seeing feet seems to suspend the belief of flying. Also perfer the sides instead of the middle, as the turns/banks seem to be amplified. Not worth wait > 15 mins.

But to the OP, the beauty of a 10-day trip - is choice. You will have time to revisit parks, some mornings, some evenings. Some rides are much better at night (like Space Mountain, just kidding). But you know what I mean. Hit the attractions you know for sure, but leave room for some fillers. They might be your new favorites.

Fantasmic!

I groan inside any time we take a newb with us that wants to see it. BLAH!

Stitch's Great Escape is the only attraction that I would rule out all together although there are many I might skip if we were low on time. The ones I would never skip are:

Soarin(best ride ever in the history of rides IMHO)
Turtle Talk with Crush
It's a small world(tradition more than anything)
Buzz
TSM
Wishes

It'll be our first time (2 boys, 9 and 12, and my wife and my dad), but based on what I've read here, I feel pretty comfortable skipping:

MK- Stitch, Jamboree, Pooh, Teacups, Small World, Speedway, Tom Sawyer Island, Laugh Floor, Liberty River Boat (Jungle Cruise IF and only IF we need a break), Carosel of Progress, Fantasyland (may go have a peak at Gaston's Tavern) will be dissapointed to miss Splash Mountain..

Epcot- Captain EO, Gran Fiesta Tour, American Adventure, Turtle Talk.

HS- Voyage of Little Mermaid, Honey I shrunk the Kids, Idol, Magic of Animation.

AK- Boneyard, Whirl, Spin, Camp Minney Mickey, Rafiki Planet Watch, will be dissapointed to miss Kali Rapids.

This should free us up considerably.. :)

Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree & Carousel of Progress are all ones we usually skip...even with plenty time there, we still choose to ride other rides multiple times then go to any of those. :)

It'll be our first time (2 boys, 9 and 12, and my wife and my dad), but based on what I've read here, I feel pretty comfortable skipping:

MK- Stitch, Small World, Speedway, Tom Sawyer Island, Laugh Floor, Liberty River Boat (Jungle Cruise IF and only IF we need a break), Carosel of Progress, Fantasyland (may go have a peak at Gaston's Tavern) will be dissapointed to miss Splash Mountain..

Epcot- Captain EO, Gran Fiesta Tour, American Adventure, Turtle Talk.

HS- Voyage of Little Mermaid, Honey I shrunk the Kids, Idol, Magic of Animation.

AK- Boneyard, Whirl, Spin, Camp Minney Mickey, Rafiki Planet Watch, will be dissapointed to miss Kali Rapids.

Why would you skip Splash & Kali?

I wouldn't skip Art of Animation or PW...my kids are 7, 14 & 16 and those are a couple of their faves!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter