So...what attractions do you feel aren't worth attending?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Herfnerd, Jan 9, 2013.

1. smkohn

smkohn Mouseketeer

Captain EO....oy. It was pretty horrible.
    I've never been on Stitch's Great Escape. Heard it was terrible, not a huge Stitch fan, didn't appeal to me.

We do, however, love Jungle Cruise. It it one of our absolute must dos every trip. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I agree with this. You never know what you personally will enjoy and by listening to someone else you might just miss a gem.

4. KapBoy77

KapBoy77 Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

You have to try things for yourself. Except for Stitch. Although I never tried it myself my wife did and she did not like it at all. And I trust her word. :)

5. racefans44

racefans44 Mouseketeer

I agree with some of the previous posts that say it depends on the line. I love all the Disney attractions in their own way, but there is one that I will never ride again no matter what the wait time is and that is Stitch's Great Escape. That smell sticks with you forever. Yuck!

6. RedHeadedFairy

RedHeadedFairy DIS Veteran

I could see skipping preschool-aged stuff like Disney Jr @ HS or the Barnstormer in Fantasyland, but honestly we don't skip much else at all when DH & I have taken adults-only trips. Especially one that spans 10 days, lol.

The boring movie type of attractions we use for downtime/naps like others have mentioned & we simply have to ride things like Peter Pan & Small World for the nostalgia factor if nothing else.... we just refuse to wait in long lines for them so we either try to hit them at low-crowd times or FP for later. Jungle Cruise is not exciting, but the corny jokes make it fun. Monsters Inc is always fun because it depends on the audience reaction somewhat & that makes it different & enjoyable every time for us. Even Stitch, which isn't a favorite by a long shot, is worth doing once with a short wait just to see what all the fuss is about. ;)

7. moozle

moozle Mouseketeer

I agree that you'll hear every ride listed at least once. It's such a personal thing.

For me, I don't listen to most of the ride reviews on here because I disagree with most of them. My kids, my husband and I all really like Stitch. I honestly can't figure out for the life of me what exactly makes so many people dislike it. To each their own I guess!

We also love Jungle Cruise (I do cringe at the jokes, but it's still fun) and I would never in a million years step foot in MK and not ride IASW. It's part of the Disney experience to me and I love it.

I honestly can't think of anything I just flat out hate ... well, other than teacups. Put me on any upside down roller coaster, but spin me like that and I'm miserable.

We do usually skip astro orbiter - but only bc the line is nuts and my kids aren't huge fans of it.

I could also live without Captain EO. DH loves it though bc it reminds him of seeing it as a kid, so we do it anyway.

We usually skip Country Bear Jamboree. No one really liked it when I dragged them in there.

Oh, and we LOVE Figment. Love it. Yes, I saw the original as a kid and this one isn't as good. But it's still good.

I've also heard people who don't like the new LM ride. We loved that too.

I guess it depends on your expectations - I go to Disney to feel like a kid. So I love the kid rides and the more grown up ones.

8. SarahC73

SarahC73 Earning My Ears

Absolutely agree with the Narnia thing, came out completely baffled by this, just glad we didn't have queue for it!

9. jtowntoflorida

jtowntoflorida Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney

I haven't seen this mentioned, but Dinosaur! is just an awful, awful ride. It's not even really scary, and all that happens is you're jerked around a lot to a lame storyline. Total waste of time.

10. moozle

moozle Mouseketeer

I wouldn't skip stuff just based on what you're hearing here. Try it all if the waits aren't awful and decide for yourself. I think skipping IASW and Carousel of Progress would be awful personally. Would really put a damper on my whole trip to miss either of those.

I also think Voyage of the Little mermaid is great at HS! And don't skip One Man's Dream - we love learning all about Walt and do it every trip.

11. RedHeadedFairy

RedHeadedFairy DIS Veteran

I totally agree, especially for first-timers! Turtle Talk is a riot & the kids always like it even though they have outgrown the characters/movies. Rafiki's Planet Watch has some great educational stuff that my animal loving DD LOVES! Plus, the train ride there & back provide a few nice catch-your-breath minutes. :thumbsup2

12. DisneyFan2013

DisneyFan2013 Mouseketeer

All these bad reviews for Stitch kind of make me want to try it out. :)

I wouldn't advise anyone to skip anything without knowing much about you, but I personally did not enjoy the following:

Space Mountain- I like roller coasters but this one was way too jerky for me.

Buzz Lightyear- Probably fun for kids but there weren't any in my group.

Astro Orbiter- Boring.

Tomorrowland Speedway- Boring and the overwhelming gas fumes during the entire ride were not pleasant.

13. peyjax

peyjax DIS Veteran

Fantasmic! Took me 4 visits to finally see it.

After seeing DL version. DW version is lame! It is crowded and takes up so much time. Once was enough for me.

14. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

DL's version is far superior ;)

We skip Astro Orbiter and Stitch. We rode AO with each child when they were little and still see it as a value for the younger visitors, now we don't bother, but Stitch.... Disney should get rid of it. Blah. Much preferred the original attraction.

15. starjazz

starjazz DIS Veteran

I'm with you. I like all the old rides too, because I remember them as a kid - Bears, IASW, Tiki, Swiss Fam, EO, etc.

I think a lot of people that don't go in those, didn't go in when they were little either, so there's no nostalgia there. Or maybe they did, and had a bad experience...

16. starjazz

starjazz DIS Veteran

Is that the deal with Fantasmic? I keep hearing how people hate it at DW, and I've never seen it there, but it was almost life changing for me at DL it was so cool, so I've always wondered wth?

17. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I personally think its the location of the show. The backdrop is Tom Sawyer Island. It's open and makes the scale of the show seem bigger IMO. :)

18. Carol97

Carol97 Mouseketeer

Looks like that you are skipping alot of rides for a trip that cost so much money to do and go on these rides. Some people are listing alot of rides that I would just never skip out on!! I would strongly suggest that you go on youtube and google each ride that you are unsure of, watch a few minute segment then determine if it's your thing or not. I do this with alot of the rides, especially ones I think might be to dark or scary for my little kids. Good luck!! and Enjoy!!!

19. W.E.D.

W.E.D. Haunted Mansion junkie

I think its sort of personal preference, isn't it? Some rides we don't like, but you might really enjoy. We do many attractions that are often listed as boring or lame on the DIS, but that's just us. I agree with PPs. Try to do some research and come to your own conclusions. I'd hate for you to miss something you might truly enjoy merely based on our opinions.

But, yeah, you should skip Stitch.;)

20. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

Stitch

Mission Space

Tiki Room

21. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

To be your first time, you sure are skipping a lot of rides :confused3