So undecided on which moderate resort for next trip ?

Which moderate is your favorite

• Port Orleans Riverside

• Port Orleans French Quarters

• Caribbean Beach Resort

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't tell from your signature. Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?

I've always double and triple checked my requests. I've added them on my reservation and check a couple of weeks out to see that they are still listed with my first priority first. I fax my request a few days before check in (this is something they still look at, at POR and POFQ) and I've even tried phoning the resort directly.

I'm hoping this will be my year o get my room request made. I am also going to NOT do online check in and see if that helps us.

You have never reached the resort directly. You have reached a CCC that answers the phone as if they are in the resort. They are pulling up your reservations and reading it back to you.

I always opt out of online check-in; I would rather wait and get what I requested, than get the first available room when I arrive mid-morning on a very busy check-out day. I have always gotten at least what I requested and sometimes better; and I have never waited past 1 pm.

We've only ever gone the last week of August. I don't think our resorts were ever too crowded, I'm just not lucky when it comes to our rooms, so now I make sure to book preferred whenever possible.

Just be forewarned that that is not always foolproof either. I've twice been downgraded from preferred to standard. Both times at the Music.:(

You have never reached the resort directly. You have reached a CCC that answers the phone as if they are in the resort. They are pulling up your reservations and reading it back to you.

I always opt out of online check-in; I would rather wait and get what I requested, than get the first available room when I arrive mid-morning on a very busy check-out day. I have always gotten at least what I requested and sometimes better; and I have never waited past 1 pm.

Even with doing online check in we have never had a room ready before 5 pm.

Just be forewarned that that is not always foolproof either. I've twice been downgraded from preferred to standard. Both times at the Music.:(

Yes I know. I'll probably be downgraded to standard from preferred in August with my luck. We are staying at Pop for the first time.

Yes I know. I'll probably be downgraded to standard from preferred in August with my luck. We are staying at Pop for the first time.

Well I would say it is about time you get your room request ! Hope the pixie dust falls on you this next time :flower1:

We have one 10 year girl.
OK then, I picked CBR. You have already been to POR and I think POFQ is better for couples or families with small children. CBR is fun and tropical and you said you would pay for a preferred room so you won't have an issue with being too far away from the main pool and OPR (the food court).

The check in check out being so far away at CBR is one of my concerns. We will be taking the magic express and I'm not happy about having to get to the ME with it being that far away.

This shouldn't be a major concern since you can call for a van to come and pick you and your luggage up and take you to the Custom House (and vice versa for getting to your room). For any other needs, there's a concierge desk in Old Port Royale.

CSR is our favorite moderate in my honest opinion its not even close, but as a second choice I would choose POR.

This shouldn't be a major concern since you can call for a van to come and pick you and your luggage up and take you to the Custom House (and vice versa for getting to your room). For any other needs, there's a concierge desk in Old Port Royale.

Ok thanks that would be good because I get nervous about missing our plane :rotfl:

OK then, I picked CBR. You have already been to POR and I think POFQ is better for couples or families with small children. CBR is fun and tropical and you said you would pay for a preferred room so you won't have an issue with being too far away from the main pool and OPR (the food court).[/QU

CBR does have an awesome pool ! I think we have narrowed it down to two that we will pick from CBR and POR.

To me, CBR has one big negative: The sheer number of bus stops at the resort. 7, to be exact. Look at it this way: If you stay at POR and get on at the first stop, you only have 3 more before you are on your way to the parks. At CBR you would have 6 more. And then coming back to your room you have the same problem. Twice the number of stops before you hit your stop and are on the way to your room.

Also, the food court at POR is miles better than the one at CBR. They don't compare AT ALL. Plus CBR still has double beds instead of queens.

I love POR and only somewhat liked my stay at CBR. To me it isn't even a hard choice. Between CBR and POR, POR wins.

Let me first say that the CSR preferred buildings are casitas 1-3, bldg 4 and 5 are not preferred. Secondly; we have stayed at CSR a bunch of times and no way did it take us 15-20 minutes to walk to the pool from the Casitas and that is with a 1 and a 5 year old. We prefer the 2 PO resorts to stay at, nothing against CBR, it's just that we live in a beach area so the beach theme does not do it for us.

Thanks for all the info, it looks like POR is winning !
My issue with POR is that it is themed too well ... it seemed you really were back in the bayou:rotfl:. Some of the AB buildings are very remote and you need to take (what seem to be endless) twisty-turny paths to get to main pool and the food court. I was in building 35 and it seemed to take forever to get anywhere in the resort. If I were to stay there again, I would definitely request the Mansions section where the sidewalks are all straight.

I picked POR. That's where we will be staying on our August trip. I really love the look of the resort. It was a toss up for us between POR and POFQ. Love the small size of POFQ but the rest of the resort just does not appeal to me. POR grounds are just so beautiful. Love the offerings in the food court too. My DS is a teen and the POFQ pool seems a little 'babyish' (his words, not mine ;)). He likes the pool area at POR much better. We're traveling with a family of 5, hopefully we'll be in the AB section. I love the rustic look of the rooms. Looking forward to seeing Yeeha Bob too.

We've stayed at CSR, nice resort, awesome pool. We were in the back of beyond there though, requested Cabanas, got Ranchos. Loved the Pepper Market. It had a different feel to me than the other resorts we've stayed at, not bad but different. We would return there but on my quest to try a different resort every visit, it will not be anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter