So undecided on which moderate resort for next trip ?

Which moderate is your favorite

• Port Orleans Riverside

• Port Orleans French Quarters

• Caribbean Beach Resort

Results are only viewable after voting.

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We do this every year :rotfl: We cant decide on which resort. Actually I'm not sure when we will be going yet maybe not until next year Memorial day week or maybe this year in August or September. Our main picks are POR, POFQ, and CBR. We have stayed at CSR and POR before. I really liked POR the most out of those two. When we were at POR which was years ago we stayed in the Mansion section, but I would like to stay in the AB this time if we choose POR. We just cant dedcide. Which is your favorite ?

I would either get a preferred room at POR (which is The ab section anyways) or anywhere at POFQ! I love both of these resorts!

Our fav is POR, mansion section. A location near Old Man Island bridge is our fav. And all the rooms have bern refurbed. New furniture, carpets, tile, looks very upscale. I'm not a fan of the rustic looking rooms of AB, but the outside landscaping is pretty.

POFQ is my second choice. We had a very nice stay last January. Because it was winter I didn't miss the lack of quiet pools, and on warm sunny days I always found a couple of lounge chairs in the back section of the pool. And enjoyed the quieter area, not having young ones that need watching anymore in the pool.
The rooms in FQ have also been refurbed.

CBR is the only mod that hasn't had a refurb with queen beds. I think it's due. But it is a pretty resort. The set up us weird though. The resort check in/out, & concierge desk building is quite far away from the food court, and gift shop. Not a convenient set up.

Our fav is POR, mansion section. A location near Old Man Island bridge is our fav. And all the rooms have bern refurbed. New furniture, carpets, tile, looks very upscale. I'm not a fan of the rustic looking rooms of AB, but the outside landscaping is pretty.

POFQ is my second choice. We had a very nice stay last January. Because it was winter I didn't miss the lack of quiet pools, and on warm sunny days I always found a couple of lounge chairs in the back section of the pool. And enjoyed the quieter area, not having young ones that need watching anymore in the pool.
The rooms in FQ have also been refurbed.

CBR is the only mod that hasn't had a refurb with queen beds. I think it's due. But it is a pretty resort. The set up us weird though. The resort check in/out, & concierge desk building is quite far away from the food court, and gift shop. Not a convenient set up.

The check in check out being so far away at CBR is one of my concerns. We will be taking the magic express and I'm not happy about having to get to the ME with it being that far away.

maryj11 said:
The check in check out being so far away at CBR is one of my concerns. We will be taking the magic express and I'm not happy about having to get to the ME with it being that far away.

We've stayed at CBR 4x before and the front desk office area has never bothered us with any area we stayed in. We really love this resort. The Caribbean feel, music, landscaping, beaches & hammocks, and the main area ( pool, gift shop) is really cool. We've never had any issues with buses, it takes about 10 min to do the full loop then it's off to the parks!

I'm having the same issue between POR & French Quarter. I have a discount code that is not good on preferred rooms so while I love Riverside, it's huge and we normally do preferred. French Quarter is a much smaller resort and we wouldn't need a preferred room, yet we still have everything that we like about being in the river, such as the boat ride to DTD. It's going to be a hard decision.

CBR is in a good location and its a pretty resort, but unless you have preferred there you can placed far from the food court. If that's not an issue to you than that's ok. Personally I love Riverside much better, with FQ a close second.

If I couldn't book a preferred room at POR, I would definitely book POFQ. I never seem to get my room requests met.

I love POFQ! It's such a quaint resort but shares amenities with POR so essentially dining is doubled, activities are doubled, pools are multiplied.

I have only stayed at the CSR, and we didn't really liked it. We have stayed at 4 Disney resorts, and that was the only moderate and we really didn't like it. It took so much energy on those humid hot days to get to the pool. The preferred rooms may be anywhere from right next to El Centro to Buildings 4 or 5 of the Casitas, which were in the preferred section of the resort but not the closest building. Even the preferred rooms were a 15-20 minute walk to the pool. We are so excited to stay at POFQ this summer. If I had to chose any of those, it'd be POFQ because it seems like the most quaint moderate resort and for a fine price.

The only 2 mods that we've stayed at is CSR (which we LOVE) and CBR (which is just meh). I think I'd go with POFQ!

POFQ was my pick for my first on site stay. And now I'm hooked and not even a deluxe hotel has a chance of swaying my option!

If I couldn't book a preferred room at POR, I would definitely book POFQ. I never seem to get my room requests met.

Which resort do you not get your room request ? I have had pretty good luck with getting my room requests in the past.

Having stayed at all 3 before, my vote is for the French Quarter. It's small and quaint, so it's easy to get everywhere. The rooms were just redone very nicely. Have always had great experiences here with the staff, especially the man who opens the main door for you during the day. Although POFQ does share its buses (at times) with POR, you ALWAYS get picked up and dropped off at POFQ first.

I don't care for POR or CBR, as they are way too spread out for my taste. Had poor experiences with the staff at both and was really not thrilled with walking across a dimly lit parking lot at night at CBR. Because of these reasons, won't go back to either.

The only moderate I don't like is CBR. As far as deciding among the other 2 you have listed, it depends on the age of the kids. Older kids? Stay at POR. Younger kids? Stay at POFQ.

I want to add: Be happy if you get your requests met, but don't expect to. I have not gotten them more often than I have gotten them.

Which resort do you not get your room request ? I have had pretty good luck with getting my room requests in the past.

All Star Music twice.....once they tried to put us in Country and once they tried to put us in Rock, after we requested Jazz.

When we went to POFQ last year I requested building number 4, third floor in that order. When we got there they put us in building number 2, first floor and the computers were down so they were unable to make a change.

But we ended up loving our location at POFQ!!!! it really is just so compact that every location is pretty good! I will definitely stay there again in the future!

All Star Music twice.....once they tried to put us in Country and once they tried to put us in Rock, after we requested Jazz.

When we went to POFQ last year I requested building number 4, third floor in that order. When we got there they put us in building number 2, first floor and the computers were down so they were unable to make a change.

But we ended up loving our location at POFQ!!!! it really is just so compact that every location is pretty good! I will definitely stay there again in the future!

Oh ok we did not get our request once out of maybe 5 times. I guess it may depend if you go at a busier time, that might make it harder to get your requests. All the times that we have gotten our request was in September low crowds. The time we didnt get our request was 2 weeks before Christmas, the resort was POP and it was pretty crowded. The parks were not that crowded but POP was :confused3

I really like the idea of POFQ being compact and easy to get around. I have checked out the POFQ video and pictures and it looks like a really nice resort. I just do not like the Mardi Gra decorations in the food court and around the pool. Other then that the grounds look beautiful.

Oh ok we did not get our request once out of maybe 5 times. I guess it may depend if you go at a busier time, that might make it harder to get your requests. All the times that we have gotten our request was in September low crowds. The time we didnt get our request was 2 weeks before Christmas, the resort was POP and it was pretty crowded. The parks were not that crowded but POP was :confused3

We've only ever gone the last week of August. I don't think our resorts were ever too crowded, I'm just not lucky when it comes to our rooms, so now I make sure to book preferred whenever possible.

We've only ever gone the last week of August. I don't think our resorts were ever too crowded, I'm just not lucky when it comes to our rooms, so now I make sure to book preferred whenever possible.

There is one thing that I do. I call have them add a room request to our reservations. Then a few weeks before we leave call and ask if my request is on there. Because once it was not :confused3 The CM I talked to said she added it but I dont think she did. Anyway double checking might help some.

There is one thing that I do. I call have them add a room request to our reservations. Then a few weeks before we leave call and ask if my request is on there. Because once it was not :confused3 The CM I talked to said she added it but I dont think she did. Anyway double checking might help some.

I've always double and triple checked my requests. I've added them on my reservation and check a couple of weeks out to see that they are still listed with my first priority first. I fax my request a few days before check in (this is something they still look at, at POR and POFQ) and I've even tried phoning the resort directly.

I'm hoping this will be my year o get my room request made. I am also going to NOT do online check in and see if that helps us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter