"So this is what makes life divine!"PTR Jan 2010* NEW 1/17 TR Link UP!!!

Thanks Becky :hug:

I just wrote you back about the expansion. We are just going crazy over here....SO exciting! An Alaskan Cruise, Expanded Fantasyland, Hawaii DVC Resort...Disney is making sure we spend our vacation time with them for the next 10 years and I am happy to do so :cool1:

I so think you need someone to take care of your little ones on these trips. I can easily become available. :hug:

Katie, I am so glad you are able to work out your situation. I know that I along with lots of diser's love to see your beautiful children. You know me Ms. Naive just live my life and trust everyone, I don't even think some things are possible cause I'm always seeing the positve and forget that there really are not so nice people out there.

Have a great day.

Ginny

Hey Katie! Sorry about the problems...but I'm glad you got them solved!! :goodvibes You have such a precious family. I know you're going to have a fantastic trip! And I LOVE Emma's TRs...so don't worry about losing a reader here! :thumbsup2

I think your MK plans sound excellent! Good plan for doing part of the stuff on the first day and the other part on the second day! I think you'll be able to do a lot. But even if you can't get everything, you'll get most of it done! :goodvibes And your kids will love doing things they haven't done before!

Joining up for the journey!

I love following your trip report. Glad you got the picture issues figured out.

Also, you are going to LOVE WL. We were there in April and it was AMAZING! It was my first time back as an adult. Lately we had been staying in AKL, but what a treat.

Oh, Jan is a great time to come to Fl normally. It is one of the few months that even us native Floridians live for... ah... less humidity.:love:

Hello Everyone!! Hope this post finds you doing well.

Lets get back to planning :cool1:

First order of business is that we actually booked our trip last week through our new travel agent, Angela!! I paid the deposit and I got that magical email where it confirms that your vacation will actually come true :love:

I was a little hesitant to use a travel agent. My friend Becky, ladybugmom, reccomended her to me and I must say that I am really happy! As someone who can not give up control...this was not an easy step for me :rotfl:

However, she communicates with me so well and I am sure I will be even more impressed when we start to make ADRs more towards the trip time. She also sends us tips about ride waits and times and ADR numbers on laminated notecards to carry with us in the parks!

I know some of you are thinking "ADRs??!? Thought they were using Quick Service dining?" WE STILL ARE! However, Chris decided that we should probably schedule at least one Table Service while we are there and pay out of pocket. After all, we are going to be surrounded by all of these amazing restaurants...it will be hard to resist. Some ideas we had were:

1) Kona Breakfast
2) San Angel Inn Lunch or Dinner
3) Crystal Palace Breakfast
4) Liberty Inn Lunch or Dinner
5) Whispering Canyon Dinner

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS! Please weigh in on which one you would pick and why! :wizard:

Now, onto SHOPPING!

DIScrocs.jpg

I wanted to let ya'll know about an amazing deal. On crocs.com, they are offering a 2 for 1 deal on many crocs, especially certain sizes in the Disney Crocs!! :banana: As if that wasn't good enough, they are throwing in free shipping! Be sure to check it out...

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-disney-mickey-mouse-kids-cayman/10036,default,pd.html?cgid=girls-bogo

I have been brainstorming on my kid's outfits (much to my DH's dismay:laughing:) We decided to meet half way and I am going to be economical, right? Well, I had a brillant idea (or at least I think so) and came up with a long-all to order Aiden that is reversable. I can especially use one of the sides for his upcoming 2nd birthday party AND Disney. I have been racking my brain to figure out what his party theme should be. I decided on a circus theme and found this adorable option:

DISoutfit.gif

So like I said, I can use it for Disney too! Saves me about $40 for not having to buy a birthday outfit.

How can I use it for Disney too?

Well, most of you know that my kid's outfits always have characters that relate in some way. If Aiden will be wearing a Circus themed outfit, what do you think Abby will be wearing? Remember, it is Disney related and here is a hint...it is in honor of one element of the new Fantasyland expansion!! Would love to hear your guess...I am sure you got it by now ;)

One last note is that I applied for the Disney World Mom's Panel 2010 :cheer2:

DISmomspanel.jpg

I know that it is a long shot, but I wanted to experience it and get my feet wet. I really spoke from the heart and showed my personality (like my DIS friend Jo suggested to do). Who else applied? I would love to know...Good Luck to everyone who did :grouphug:

UP NEXT** EPCOT TOURING PLANS

Katie, I am so glad you are able to work out your situation. I know that I along with lots of diser's love to see your beautiful children. You know me Ms. Naive just live my life and trust everyone, I don't even think some things are possible cause I'm always seeing the positve and forget that there really are not so nice people out there.

Have a great day.

Ginny

Awww thanks Ginny! I too am very naive. What happened to being able to let your kid's play outside and showing their pics to strangers? I will never know...but better safe than sorry!

I think it is awesome that you are so positive. We need more people like you in this world:flower3:

Hey Katie! Sorry about the problems...but I'm glad you got them solved!! :goodvibes You have such a precious family. I know you're going to have a fantastic trip! And I LOVE Emma's TRs...so don't worry about losing a reader here! :thumbsup2

I think your MK plans sound excellent! Good plan for doing part of the stuff on the first day and the other part on the second day! I think you'll be able to do a lot. But even if you can't get everything, you'll get most of it done! :goodvibes And your kids will love doing things they haven't done before!

Staci!! SO happy to see that you are feeling better :hug: I was worried about you for a minute! Would be just awful to be sick at Disney!!

Thanks for sticking it through with me! I love reading your TR, so it means a lot. Also, I agree. Breaking up MK in two days will afford us the opportunity to see everything we want to see. Until the expansion that is!! Well, then we will have an excuse to add an extra day to our trips in the future, right? HAVE FUN!!! :cheer2:

Joining up for the journey!

I love following your trip report. Glad you got the picture issues figured out.

Also, you are going to LOVE WL. We were there in April and it was AMAZING! It was my first time back as an adult. Lately we had been staying in AKL, but what a treat.

Oh, Jan is a great time to come to Fl normally. It is one of the few months that even us native Floridians live for... ah... less humidity.:love:

Thank you so much for reading and commenting!!! AKL would be amazing! We are waiting for the kids to get a little older and less wanting to go down for naps and less relying on the MK. SOOO happy to hear you love the WL! I am so excited!

Love your plans Katie. So far so good. And is my Abby going to have a Dumbo on her outfit by chance? Just a wild guess for sure.

I hope you make the Mom's panel. I think you would do very well. The only other one I'm aware of is Jaycns. She's pretty awesome herself.

I think Kona for breakfast sounds good. We enjoyed Liberty Inn when we ate there before. Not crazy of San Angel Inn and I have no knowledge of the others. I know you will make good decisions.

Ginny

And I love the crocs

Hi Katie! I have been reading along with your plans and they are sounding great so far! Congrats on booking WL!!!

If you aren't going to have any other TS meals, my vote would be Crystal Palace breakfast, preferably prior to opening. It's the only one you have on there that is a character meal, and I just think that those are a great way of getting in some character interaction with your age kids without waiting in lines for characters - plus the food is very good!!

Kona breakfast is out of this world and we loved the Whispering Canyon for dinner, but I can't comment on Liberty Tree or San Angel - those are two we haven't tried yet!

Sara

If you have a day you know is going to be a long day, like you're going and taking an early nap and then staying later, I'd schedule a dinner on that day. Or if you're getting started early and then taking a late nap, schedule lunch on that day. When we went with QSDP I scheduled a late lunch on our day when we weren't taking a mid-day break (obviously easier for me since we're all adults!) And it was heaven-sent to just sit down for an hour or so in the a/c and relax.

Or, my other suggestion would be to schedule breakfast on a day you're not going to the parks or on your last day. For our upcoming trip we have the QSDP which was added after we booked ADRs. We kept Kona for breakfast on our last day because we have my parents coming up and meeting with us. We're also not doing a park that day.

Also, if you're counting pennies, it's good to keep in mind that breakfast & lunch are less expensive than dinners.

Edit: Good luck on the Mom's Panel! I almost applied, even though I don't have kids. I think it would be good to have a "we go as couples" perspective, so I did think about it. Ironically though, I've used up all my vacation time going to Disney this year, so I can't go in December! :rotfl: I could probably squeeze it in, I mean, I have all my sick time ;) But that's dishonest and I don't think I could do it. So I figure I'll apply next year. I'll still fit their criteria of going at least once in 12 months and I don't plan on using as much Vacation Time! ...sorry, I got Side Tracked. But yes, good luck!!!! :banana:

Love your plans Katie. So far so good. And is my Abby going to have a Dumbo on her outfit by chance? Just a wild guess for sure.

I hope you make the Mom's panel. I think you would do very well. The only other one I'm aware of is Jaycns. She's pretty awesome herself.

I think Kona for breakfast sounds good. We enjoyed Liberty Inn when we ate there before. Not crazy of San Angel Inn and I have no knowledge of the others. I know you will make good decisions.

Ginny

And I love the crocs

Thanks Ginny!! Hearing great things about Liberty Square. Are there characters there??

Hi Katie! I have been reading along with your plans and they are sounding great so far! Congrats on booking WL!!!

If you aren't going to have any other TS meals, my vote would be Crystal Palace breakfast, preferably prior to opening. It's the only one you have on there that is a character meal, and I just think that those are a great way of getting in some character interaction with your age kids without waiting in lines for characters - plus the food is very good!!

Kona breakfast is out of this world and we loved the Whispering Canyon for dinner, but I can't comment on Liberty Tree or San Angel - those are two we haven't tried yet!

Sara

Thanks Sara!! The decision will be sooo hard. If we do any breakfast, it will probably be the day we leave. So, I am leaning towards Kona just because we are staying in the Poly next December, so it would be kind of neat to see it right before we leave...and then see it again in Dec :banana:

However, Liberty food always looks amazing. And of course Crystal Palace is a must do for most people...hear that is great too...ahh what to do? Thanks for the imput!!!

If you have a day you know is going to be a long day, like you're going and taking an early nap and then staying later, I'd schedule a dinner on that day. Or if you're getting started early and then taking a late nap, schedule lunch on that day. When we went with QSDP I scheduled a late lunch on our day when we weren't taking a mid-day break (obviously easier for me since we're all adults!) And it was heaven-sent to just sit down for an hour or so in the a/c and relax.

Or, my other suggestion would be to schedule breakfast on a day you're not going to the parks or on your last day. For our upcoming trip we have the QSDP which was added after we booked ADRs. We kept Kona for breakfast on our last day because we have my parents coming up and meeting with us. We're also not doing a park that day.

Also, if you're counting pennies, it's good to keep in mind that breakfast & lunch are less expensive than dinners.

Edit: Good luck on the Mom's Panel! I almost applied, even though I don't have kids. I think it would be good to have a "we go as couples" perspective, so I did think about it. Ironically though, I've used up all my vacation time going to Disney this year, so I can't go in December! :rotfl: I could probably squeeze it in, I mean, I have all my sick time ;) But that's dishonest and I don't think I could do it. So I figure I'll apply next year. I'll still fit their criteria of going at least once in 12 months and I don't plan on using as much Vacation Time! ...sorry, I got Side Tracked. But yes, good luck!!!! :banana:

HAHA love to hear all of your vacation time woes :laughing:

I am not working yet, but I can assume that it is really a headache to schedule trips. Also, you should totally apply for the Panel next year! That would be a great addition of trips from young couples.

Thanks for the dining adivice. We are definately on the same page. With the TS, we can pay a little more. So, the money is not that much of an issue, although it is always good to save what you can. My problems with dinner is that my kids could be fussy waking up for naps. And, like you said, dinner time is always crowded. Read my post above about Kona. Thanks again for your help!! I consider you the dining queen princess:

Haha...ooo, Dining Queen! princess: ...I think I just like food :rotfl:

Breakfast at the Poly is great. And since you have little ones, I'd lean towards a character meal. If mornings are easier, the suggestion of Crystal Palace breakfast before the park opens is awesome. It's on my to do list! Cape May Cafe is one of my favorite Character breakfasts. I tend to do the breakfasts for character meals over lunch or dinner just because I'm not a huge fan of buffets in general, but I can tolerate breakfast buffets. It's more of a personal thing. My friend, who's in Disney now just did 1900 Park Fare and had a horrible time...the manager actually argued with them!! So that's coming off my list of recommended restaurants for now.

Hi Katie! Congrats on applying for the Mom's Panel! I hope you get it :wizard: I think your outfit for Aiden sounds so cute! And the expansion sounds soo great! Even if we don't have kids yet, I'm so, so excited about all of the princess stuff :goodvibes

Hello! Katie
Good Luck! on the mom's panel!
love the outfit for Aiden and will it be Dumbo for you little princess! I like the idea of CP w/the characters and getting into MK early. I want to try Kona and Whispering Canyon so those are the other two I would think about. Whispering Canyon could be planned on a long day to take a break and since it is at your selected resort it should make a nice break to maybe hit the pool (suppose to be heated right) freshen up and dinner.

Happy planning! :wave2:
Connie

Have you thought about 'Ohana for breakfast? It would get you at the Poly on your last day so you could preview it for the next trip, but you would also have character interaction for the kids. I have never been for breakfast (only dinner), so I can't personally attest to the food, but it sure sounds yummy! Plus, as a mother of 3, I always prefer family style over buffet! Just a thought....it's on my list of places to try with the kids next time! But man, I do love some Tonga Toast from Kona! Yum! :love:

Sara

Haha...ooo, Dining Queen! princess: ...I think I just like food :rotfl:

Breakfast at the Poly is great. And since you have little ones, I'd lean towards a character meal. If mornings are easier, the suggestion of Crystal Palace breakfast before the park opens is awesome. It's on my to do list! Cape May Cafe is one of my favorite Character breakfasts. I tend to do the breakfasts for character meals over lunch or dinner just because I'm not a huge fan of buffets in general, but I can tolerate breakfast buffets. It's more of a personal thing. My friend, who's in Disney now just did 1900 Park Fare and had a horrible time...the manager actually argued with them!! So that's coming off my list of recommended restaurants for now.

I agree with you. I think the character breakfast is the way to go. Either Crystal Palace or Ohana. You know, we will probably chose Ohana just b.c I do not think we will have park tickets for the day we leave, so that would be a great way to get the character interaction without paying the price for the park!!

Also, we did 1900 park fare for Dinner. We had a great experience, BUT I did notice lots of people arguing with the manager/CMs. Seemed to be lots of confusion!

Hi Katie! Congrats on applying for the Mom's Panel! I hope you get it :wizard: I think your outfit for Aiden sounds so cute! And the expansion sounds soo great! Even if we don't have kids yet, I'm so, so excited about all of the princess stuff :goodvibes

It will be amazing!! I told my husband I dont know who is more excited, me or Abby!! haha. You are in WDW right now as I am typing this....I am sooo jealous! Hope you had a great time.

Hello! Katie
Good Luck! on the mom's panel!
love the outfit for Aiden and will it be Dumbo for you little princess! I like the idea of CP w/the characters and getting into MK early. I want to try Kona and Whispering Canyon so those are the other two I would think about. Whispering Canyon could be planned on a long day to take a break and since it is at your selected resort it should make a nice break to maybe hit the pool (suppose to be heated right) freshen up and dinner.

Happy planning! :wave2:
Connie

OOhhhh great tip about the pool! Did not know it was heated!!
Also, def. keeping CP in mind for our last MK day. But, was also thinking Ohana/Kona for breakfast on the last day when we wont have park tickets (travel day). I will keep you posted! Thanks for writing me!!

Have you thought about 'Ohana for breakfast? It would get you at the Poly on your last day so you could preview it for the next trip, but you would also have character interaction for the kids. I have never been for breakfast (only dinner), so I can't personally attest to the food, but it sure sounds yummy! Plus, as a mother of 3, I always prefer family style over buffet! Just a thought....it's on my list of places to try with the kids next time! But man, I do love some Tonga Toast from Kona! Yum! :love:

Sara

Sara,
Thanks sooo much for the advice! I forgot Ohana was the one with the Stitch characters, right? I think we will probably chose that over Kona just for the character interaction. Another positive is that we will not have park tickets for that day, so it will be wise not to pay to get into the parks just for breakfast, but it will still be fun for the kids! I am sure we can have our luggage held at the front desk at the Wilderness Lodge for us while we go eat. Thanks for your advice!! Always need good Mommy help.

We loved Ohana for breakfast. The food was good, served family style. They had bacon, sausage (really good) potatoes, scrambled eggs. Really good breads and juice. Lots of fruit. They will bring all you want of any of it. Our cm was very attentive. She had our table of 9 and two other tables of 8 or more. Very busy. Kept our coffee cups full also. The boys enjoyed the characters. Stitch was great. He treated Alex extra special which was good since it was his first trip to Disney. All in all a very good experience.

Sara,
Thanks sooo much for the advice! I forgot Ohana was the one with the Stitch characters, right? I think we will probably chose that over Kona just for the character interaction. Another positive is that we will not have park tickets for that day, so it will be wise not to pay to get into the parks just for breakfast, but it will still be fun for the kids! I am sure we can have our luggage held at the front desk at the Wilderness Lodge for us while we go eat. Thanks for your advice!! Always need good Mommy help.

Yes, 'Ohana has the Stitch characters there for breakfast, but also Mickey and Pluto! :thumbsup2 Mickey is all decked out in his Hawaiian attire! Too cute! :yay:

Sara

Woohoo! On to EPCOT. Please keep in mind that these are very loose plans...much room for improvement so let me know your thoughts!! Again, like I said before, our main objective of the trip is to hit up rides we love/did not have time for on our last trip. So, most of my schedules reflect our overall "checklist" of must do's.

My biggest question of this plan is do you think I will need to go fastpass Test Track? I am not sure how easy it is to get on/loading times because we did not ride it last time. Please see the beginning of my plans and let me know what you think. Remember, I am sure it will be a little slow b/c it will be January 8th, but I think the marathon is that weekend, so it may be picking up a little at this point.

EPCOT Day 2

Make it for the opening.
Rent Stroller.
Katie to Test Track to get fastpass
Chris, kids head to Soarin.
Ride Soarin
Nemo Ride/ Turtle Talk w/ Crush
Spaceship Earth
Snack @ Electric Umbrella or vendor
Figment (if running early---skip if running late)
Test Track

World Showcase:

Canada (tour)
UK (tour)
France (tour)
Lunch @ Tangerine Café-Morocco
Take “friendship boat” back to Showcase Plaza
Mexico(tour-Ride boat ride)
Norway (Maelstrom!!)

At this point, we would have done everything on our “must do” checklist. We will either head back to WL for a nap, or continue touring more countries. If we decide on the nap, then we will definitely come back to tour at night and watch Illuminations.

We LOVE Epcot...can't wait to hear the music :goodvibes Getting SO pumped!

I am also about to order their outfits (in about two weeks), so look for that update soon :cheer2:

Thanks for reading :grouphug:

sounds like a great plan, Katie. I don't know if you know this or not but you can rent a stroller for the week; that way you don't have to go through th actual renting each day! you may want to check into this (that way all you do is pick up a stroller and go)!

and on your way out grab a FP for what ever your favorite ride is so when you go back that evening you can walk right on!

Have a great day! looking forward to the new outfits...
:wave2:

Hi Katie,
All your Epcot plans look great! The travel agent Angela sounds great too. I know how hard it is to give up control over your reservations :goodvibes. As far as ADR's IMO I would toss San Angel Inn off the list. The CS in Mexico is much better than the TS. Whispering Canyon is really fun and has good food, nothing fancy though. But if you want to do a character breakfast I would go with 'Ohana or Crystal Palace. More fun for the kids. Good luck with the moms panel. I didn't try this year because of everything that has been going on lately. I wanted to but I just could not find the time to write this year. But I sure hope some of my DIS friends get picked :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter