So other than smoking, what are your room preferences?

Other than smoking/non-smoking, what do you ask for when making a ressie?

• OKW - specific building or area

• OKW - specific view

• OKW - floor level

• BWV - specific view (Boardwalk, etc)

• BWV - proximity to elevators

• BWV - floor level

• VWL - specific view

• VWL - floor level

• VWL - proximity to elevator

• Other - I've got a different request

Results are only viewable after voting.

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
Not surprisingly, the last poll showed that an overwhelming (77%) first request for a room revolved around smoking or non-smoking.

Okay, so now that we have that out of the way.....what is highest priority request in a room other than smoking/non-smoking?

While thinking about this, it occurred to me that it would probably make a difference where one is staying. In other words, at BWV the most critical thing might be a Boardwalk view. At OKW, however, it might be first floor.

So, since you only get one vote, choose the DVC home you most often frequent and let us know what your most important request is.

My apologies in advance to HH, VB and BCV owners....only room for 10 options!

As always, comments are welcome. :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to give my own comment.

At VWL, I request a specific view (pool).

At BWV, I request proximity to elevator.

At OKW, I (will) request a specific area (near main building/pool).

Since you can only vote for one thing, you can put your other resort priorities in your comments.

Thanks....I think this will yield some interesting insights! :)

OKW - water view (not pool), close to the bus stop and quiet pool. this has worked very well for me. I use to ask for building 18 - but lately (it has been years) I haven't gotten it - so now I just request the view - this seems to work much better right now.

At BWV I request standard view - water view (or near the elevators - depends upon who is traveling with me).

At VWL (I learned the hard way) - request near the elevators or a pool view if possible.

Great post Granny,

You can learn a lot from these.

OKW- Building near HH (either 62 or 63 is great)
BWV- I agree with near the elevators.
VWL-floor level (I have never stayed here yet but I think I would rather have a balcony vs. a patio)

That's my 2 cents worth.
Lisa

Well since you left out BCV, I can't vote so I will just put it here, I requested Top Floor, Epcot View.

Always near the elevators. Less distance to stumble!:o

Originally posted by spiceycat
At VWL (I learned the hard way) - request near the elevators or a pool view if possible.
spiceycat...I remember you picture of your room view at VWL overlooking the garbage area....yuck!

And Terry S....sorry about BCV omission.

Frankly, I don't know enough about HH, VB and BCV to even know what the popular requests might be.

Anyone want to take a stab and do another poll on those three?

Class?

Anybody?

Class???

DH is visually impaired and not good in low light so WLV close to the elevators is a must, or we may not find him for the rest of the trip. He loves WLV but the hall lighting leaves alot to be desired!

I voted "Other"... we always have two requests (besides non-smoking):

Turtle Pond area
upper floor

We've used those requests for so long that we would never be able to find our room if it wasn't near Turtle Pond :)

At OKW, we always request Building 14 or 13 near HH.:rolleyes: Haven't been let down yet. ........and top floor......;)

We always ask for top floor no matter where we stay. Such light sleepers, we like to avoid walking and dropping thing noises from above.

We learned the hard way after listening to Pop Werner cheerleaders above us jumping on the beds while practicing there cheers. Yikes! was that a long night!

We have had only one trip home. We stayed at OKW and VWL(our home) at both we asked for non smoking (allergies) then asked for top floor.:)

I voted "floor level" because we are usually at BWV in a standard view and we find there is a better view of Illuminations on the upper floors, but if we do have a preferred view, then we request "Boardwalk view".
At OKW we usually request near the HH, as well as an upper floor.

Anyone else want to post their favorite requests?

Or are you keeping them secret so others don't make the same request! :D :D

My usual request at OKW, besides smoking preferance, is to not be on Miller's Road. There is nothing wrong with the units there, in fact the last time I stayed there I had a really nice view of turtle crawl...but - if I get Bldg 20, I always park at bldg 21 to avoid the bus turnaround and the parking for some of the new bldgs is not convenient.

At home (OKW) we request buildings 62 or 63 (near HH) because we like to let the kids walk. At VWL, we request top floor best view of Bay Lake - very, very, peaceful in the mornings for coffee or light reading on the balcony. At BCV, we've requested again top floor with EPCOT view (keeping fingers crossed).

At OKW always request a top floor room by the Main Pool, gotta have my Turtle Crawl's.

George

Originally posted by BIERMUGG
At OKW always request a top floor room by the Main Pool, gotta have my Turtle Crawl's.

Okay, I'll bite. You and Chuck S both mentioned Turtle Crawls. Haven't heard that one yet....what is it (are they)??

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by BIERMUGG
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'll bite. You and Chuck S both mentioned Turtle Crawls. Haven't heard that one yet....what is it (are they)??

Turtle Crawl is the area Or Boardwalk down by the main pool.

Tutrle Crawl is also a drink Served in the Gurgling Suitcase ( the Bar) and Oliviia's and it's real good.

So would Turtle Crawl's be buildings numbers 23-26? I'm trying to get a bearing for my next trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter