So Much To Celebrate!!!...Sept 19th to 26th Trip!!! (Update 09/11/09)

Well, things are progressing...
After reading on Disboards that the Dessert Party was extended through October, I showed my wife a couple of reviews I found - http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/06/24/disney-debuts-magic-kingdom-wishes-dessert-party/ and http://allears.net/tp/mk/dessertparty1.html

Well, it took little convincing to get her to want to do it...
:rotfl:
Checked with my friends to make sure they wanted to do it, and...

Sept 21st, we are doing the Magic Kingdom Dessert Party and Wishes!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am really happy about this. I was disappointed that we were going to miss it. I didn't even mention it to my wife, so it was a really nice suprise.

On the costume front, I think we have decided on Greek Gods theme. My wife is looking into Medusa (Yes, I know, not a Greek God, but it goes with the theme...), my son would be Hercules, Kev is going to be either Hades or Poseidon, Em is setting up to be Persephone, and I am going to Zeus.

I just gotta get my costume. I may end up making it from frabric, it's hard to get a robe/toga I like, so we'll see.

Well, all for know.

Down to 21 days!!!
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Starting to get a little wired about it. Want to pack, in my geekish way. Can't, but want to...

That dessert party looks SOOOOOO good!!!!!
I am hoping you guys take lots of photos in the costumes, too- that will make for a really fun night. In 2002, I went with my bf (ex now) as Morticia & Gomez Addams. We got so many fun comments from people! You will have a blast.

That dessert party looks SOOOOOO good!!!!!
I am hoping you guys take lots of photos in the costumes, too- that will make for a really fun night. In 2002, I went with my bf (ex now) as Morticia & Gomez Addams. We got so many fun comments from people! You will have a blast.

Thanks. I hope too. I plan on taking a lot of pics, but we'll see.

I love Halloween, but it seems like every year I pick a costume idea, and it seems easy, but it turns out to be much more complicated than it should be!
:confused3

Oh, well, I'll get it.

Good Morning, all. Yesterday I was supposed to have my neurosurgeon appt, but it got postponed to today because he had to do emergency surgery and wouldn't make my time. So, 11:30 today...

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully something will come of it.

Down to 16 days until we fly. Getting excited. We bought our costumes online, just waiting for them to get here and make sure they fit...
:scared1:
I hate buying clothes without trying them on, I wear odd sizes sometimes.
Speaking of that, after reading a thread here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2270984&highlight=waterpark) my wife stopped at out local Dick's to find me a surf shirt. All they had left were kid's (she thought about it and our son a nice one, so was a fruitful trip).
So, I started looking online for them. Wrong time of the year, I guess. It proved to be difficult to find a XXL or 2XL in anything that didn't cost a small fortune!
But, I did finally find one, and got it ordered. Should be here next week, and hopefully it'll fit. I'll be all set.
My wife ordered some other clothing things as well, for her costume and for swimming. Hopefully those items will go well.

Now, it's just a waiting game.....I don't play this game well....
:surfweb:

I"m here... I"m here... I wish we could have done the MK dessert party...Your plans sounds great...

I"m here... I"m here... I wish we could have done the MK dessert party...Your plans sounds great...

Thanks for joining Raecheal!

Not much to add at the moment. I have been slowly getting some items packed, items we don't need until we go.

Gotta put the finishing touches on our costumes. I need to make my Lightning Bolt (for Zeus). We have my son's Hercules costume, but the Chest Armor/Cape that goes over his head won't fit (my son has a big head...like some relative of his....:rolleyes1) so my wife is going to modify it somehow. My wife's costume is kinda all together, but she is having some issues with he under garments, so hopefully that will be resolved tomorrow.

This weekend we are going to try to get the rest of our stuff out of our Oneida house. It is pretty much sold. The Appraisal and Inspection are done (I guess) so, gotta clean out the garage and the house.

Bad part is, I can't help. The neurosurgeon hasn't got back to me about a MRI appt. yet, and I am not comfortable with doing much.

I did some cleaning around the house today, and I am in EXTREME pain!

So, 8 days to go, and I am so excited! I have been reading the crowds are down, so keeping fingers crossed. We'll see...

Thanks for reading!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Keep us posted on what the neurosurgeon says. How are you feeling today? You MUST be getting excited with only a week to go!! I can't wait to see the photos of you guys in costume. :)

Keep us posted on what the neurosurgeon says. How are you feeling today? You MUST be getting excited with only a week to go!! I can't wait to see the photos of you guys in costume. :)

I will. Today is painful so far. I probably overdid it yesterday, I just get bored and sometime have to do some cleaning and stuff. Oh well.

Very excited! This last week is going to be SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

OK, well, I just thought of something. Not WDW related, but how my Tuesday went. Not sure if I have mentioned this, but I have something called CVID (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_variable_immunodeficiency).

Every other month, I have to get 2 days of IVIG treatment. Each treatment takes about 4-5 hours, and I usually end up being totally exhausted. Not sure why, but there it is.

So, this last Tuesday was my infusion (I try to aim my vacations to be soon after them, so my IG levels are high). Well, Tuesday was also my sons first day at Kindergarten. So, I was a bit nervous and worried, my little guy was in for a big day. So, trying to get him ready for that.

With my other problem, I haven't been sleeping well (mayber 2-4 a night), so been really tired. So, that's not good.

Let's see.... well, bus supposed to be there at 8:30 ish. So, 8:25, son and I go out to wait. Well, 8:30 comes and goes, 8:40, 8:50, nothing (I forgot to mention, my wife left her work computer at home, and I was going to drop it off at her work before my treatment, but I had to leave ASAP after my son was on bus). Well, now, I didn't have time to drop her laptop off. So, called her about that (didn't go well...:confused3).

Now, finally, about 9, I see the bus (it is maybe 1 down the road). My son says, I have to go to the bathroom, can't wait!
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

OK, run, run, pee, run...

Dog escapes out the front door!!!!!!
:headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:
And procedes to run right to the busy road!!!!
:scared1::eek::scared1::eek::scared1::eek::scared1::eek:

I was completely scared. All I could see was the dog getting hit by car!

Luckily, she ran next door, and neighbor (who was waiting with her child for bus) and ran to her.

So, now in more pain (and my son is starting to cry) I get him on board (kinda rushed, but on), he calms down, and then I run next door to get dog so she can get her son on board (he looked like maybe 5th grade, so he was all calm and stuff).

Well, I can't run on a good day. And Tuesday wasn't a good day...
Also, my lung capicity is somewhat dimishned (I have granulomas in my lungs, another problem due to my CVID), so breathing is not easy...

So, run over, get the dog, drag her back, collapse in a pile 'cause I can't breathe, can't collapse long because I gotta get to my treatment appt.

So, I head out, and get stuck behind every STINKING slow Sunday driver between home and Syracuse!
:headache::mad::headache::mad::headache::mad:
Well, I get almost there, get off the highway, and wouldn't you guess, traffic on main road to get to treatment center is backed up!!!!

I hate being late, it is my biggest pet peeve, I am usually 15-20 minutes early to most things, work, appts, whatever. So, I was just done. I so wanted to go home!

So, I called office, told them gonna be late, then moved on. I just got there right at 10 (my appt time) and got it done.

Overall, Tuesday just sucked!
:sad2:

OK, rant over, sorry.

Back to good parts -

7 days 'til WDW!!!!!

Just hang on for 7 more days!! :goodvibes Please let us know what you think of the MK dessert party. I'd love to do it - we're going 11/08 -14. I think the last date for the party is 10/31. I wish they'd extend it just a few more days!

Take it easy today! Oh, so glad to hear your dog is OK too - that was pretty scary.

Just hang on for 7 more days!! :goodvibes Please let us know what you think of the MK dessert party. I'd love to do it - we're going 11/08 -14. I think the last date for the party is 10/31. I wish they'd extend it just a few more days!

Take it easy today! Oh, so glad to hear your dog is OK too - that was pretty scary.

I'm hanging high right now! Very excited, down to 7 days!!!
Hard to believe, summer FLEW by...:scared1:
Most of the threads on the dessert party have been positive, and some of the negative have been more people issues than actual party issues. I'll let you know how it goes. They may extend it, who knows, I think it depends on how popular it will be. It seems to be quite popular, selling out and such.

Yes, so glad dog was OK, she really scared me. She can quite sneaky. That was the second time she did that to me, so I'll have to keep a better eye on her...
:rolleyes1

Well, I had given up on getting the Photo Pass CD because of all the issues and problems we have had going on, but tonight, my wife, suprisingly, said go for it and order it!
So, I did, before she changes her mind again....
:rolleyes1
Just kidding.

Well, no, actually, only part of it. I did order it....

So, Photo Pass pre-ordered, and there will be lots of pics from that (I hope). I will be getting the one in front of HM and the carriage...

Have a good night, all!

Down to 3 days!

Gettin' pretty excited, even though I am in pain. We had to finish moving the rest of our stuff out of the house (It is due to close Oct. 21st, but if we get it cleaned out and they get the paperwork done, we can close early), and even though I wasn't allowed to do to much (I sneaked in what I could, but I found some things too heavy to do), I did enough to be hurting.

So, yesterday was a nothing day. I did little, got a small nap.

Still hurt today, though.

So, today, I started getting things into the luggage. Got all of my clothes, as well as my sons clothes. Got a couple of my wife's things, and a couple of other things.

I checked our ADRs (again, I am a bit anal about them) and they are all still good. Checked the flight info, that's all good.

So, I an antsy, want to do more, but am stuck until later....

:headache:

So, I just wait.

Gotta go to town soon, take care of couple of things, then be back to get my son off bus. Tomorrow will be long day. Gotta drive to Rochester to see my immunologist, see how things are going. It's a 2 hr drive, one way, so I will be a tired boy tomorrow night.

Oh, well, by Saturday night, it'll be all good!!!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi there! You are so close!! :thumbsup2 I came over from a different PTR (maybe Raechel's??) and noticed you possibly are from near Syracuse? I am in Endicott, near Binghamton.
My niece and I are going Oct4-9th and staying at Kidani. You will love AKV and your son will be so excited to see the animals. :love:
All of your planning will be so worth it. I really think it pays off.
What iphone apps do you have for Disney?
I have the WDW Dining...very cool...have all of my ADR's in there
WDW Maps....I don't know why b/c I don't even use any maps I guess I just thought it was fun! :rotfl:
Wait times....I hear a lot that it is not very accurate but again only .99 or maybe it was free
Mouse Memo.....didn't really use this...put my airline info in but that was about it.
WDW Trivia..fun but repetitive

Take care!!
Tracy

Hi there! You are so close!! :thumbsup2 I came over from a different PTR (maybe Raechel's??) and noticed you possibly are from near Syracuse? I am in Endicott, near Binghamton.
My niece and I are going Oct4-9th and staying at Kidani. You will love AKV and your son will be so excited to see the animals. :love:
All of your planning will be so worth it. I really think it pays off.
What iphone apps do you have for Disney?
I have the WDW Dining...very cool...have all of my ADR's in there
WDW Maps....I don't know why b/c I don't even use any maps I guess I just thought it was fun! :rotfl:
Wait times....I hear a lot that it is not very accurate but again only .99 or maybe it was free
Mouse Memo.....didn't really use this...put my airline info in but that was about it.
WDW Trivia..fun but repetitive

Take care!!
Tracy

Hi, Tracy. Thanks for checking it out! :thumbsup2

Yep, I live near Syracuse. I know Endicott well, grew up in Athens, PA and Waverly, NY. Had a friend that lived in Endicott, and I lived in Owego for a while.

I have, let's see, WDW Dining, all the Maps, WDW Wait Times, a link to WDW Mobile, a link to Disboards, and (non-disney, but a good one) TripIt (I have all my info in Tripit, like ADR confirmations, dates, etc.)

We'll have a blast, I' sure. I just wish it would get here quicker, and yet not, cause I have a few things yet to go.

I am actually proud of myself, I remembered to have our mail held while we are gone. I never remember to do that!
:rotfl2:

Do you have a PTR going?

It's a small world after all...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Are you flying out of Syracuse? I always check there but end up flying out of Binghamton so I don't have to park the car or have someone take us up there. I like Northwest because of the layover in Detroit....we get to eat at Fuddruckers! :lmao:

I know what you mean about wanting it to be here....don't worry it will before you know it!

Not doing a PTR but I do appreciate those of you that do! :thumbsup2

Tracy

It's a small world after all...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Are you flying out of Syracuse? I always check there but end up flying out of Binghamton so I don't have to park the car or have someone take us up there. I like Northwest because of the layover in Detroit....we get to eat at Fuddruckers! :lmao:

I know what you mean about wanting it to be here....don't worry it will before you know it!

Not doing a PTR but I do appreciate those of you that do! :thumbsup2

Tracy
Yes, we are flying out of Syracuse on US Airways. Generally we try to go with Jet Blue, but US Airways was cheaper this time (though the flight leaves at 6:15 AM). We have a lay over in DC down and back. Never been there, but we aren't there long, so no big deal.

Are you going to any of the MNSSHPs?

Yes we are going to MNSSHP (my first) on October 6th. I usually like an early flight on the way down to get there just as soon as I can! :thumbsup2

Yes we are going to MNSSHP (my first) on October 6th. I usually like an early flight on the way down to get there just as soon as I can! :thumbsup2

The hard part about the early flight is getting my wife and son up at like 3:30-3:45 AM
I'll be good, but my wife?????

We'll see.

After we get there, it'll be all good!!!

Since I may not be able to get online tomorrow, I wanted to say- Have a GREAT time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter