So Much fun for a Disney Fan-Ta-See onboard (fantasy) 9-27-14 Western Caribbean

We better be going to Jamaica. That is why I booked also.
We went on this cruise last March and already did Cozumel, but it was cute and I liked it.
We didn't get to stop in Grand Cayman as the winds were high and it is a tendered port, so looking forward to going there this time.
Wasn't that impressed with Costa Maya, so when Jamaica was listed, it was a sign to book.
It is listed on my documents and Disney Cruise website, so hope it is Jamaica!!

We better be going to Jamaica. That is why I booked also.
We went on this cruise last March and already did Cozumel, but it was cute and I liked it.
We didn't get to stop in Grand Cayman as the winds were high and it is a tendered port, so looking forward to going there this time.
Wasn't that impressed with Costa Maya, so when Jamaica was listed, it was a sign to book.
It is listed on my documents and Disney Cruise website, so hope it is Jamaica!!

Exactly why I booked. In fact I called Dcl on Saturday to confirm the port times for Jamaica to make sure we could do the xcaret excursion. He gave me the times. :)

Please copy and paste the link here. I have searched and searched and had not luck finding the page. Please paste it, that way we can click on it and get to the link.

Thanks
Cindi

Copied from Disney's site...

1 Port Canaveral, Florida — 3:45 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 Cozumel, Mexico 8:15 a.m. 3:45 p.m.
4 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands* 10:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
5 Falmouth, Jamaica 7:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
6 At Sea — —
7 Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
8 Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 a.m.

Copied from Disney's site...

1 Port Canaveral, Florida — 3:45 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 Cozumel, Mexico 8:15 a.m. 3:45 p.m.
4 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands* 10:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
5 Falmouth, Jamaica 7:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
6 At Sea — —
7 Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
8 Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 a.m.
When I booked this cruise back in March it had five ports on itinerary,
Including Jamaica and costa maya. I called dcl today and they said they made an error and took off the costa maya port, only 4 ports now. Did anyone else catch that if they had booked early on?

When I booked this cruise back in March it had five ports on itinerary,
Including Jamaica and costa maya. I called dcl today and they said they made an error and took off the costa maya port, only 4 ports now. Did anyone else catch that if they had booked early on?

Since we just booked this in September, we didn't see anything prior. Most 7 day cruises will typically have 3 or 4 ports depending on where and who you are sailing with. They also have special cruises where the ports are all back to back.

Can you explain, the Facebook thing, I'm the admin and my side looks normal

I believe the only thing you need to do is set up the group at facebook.com, you create the group name, add a member, than you select the privacy that you want it set at. I just created one and it worked out fine. I have deleted it.

It also looks as though you created a page and not a group. Pages have the LIKE option, a group would allow people to approve when the are being added etc.... When it is a page you are open to a lot of spam etc....

How do I create a group?

1. From your home page, go to the Groups section on the left side menu and click Create Group.

2. A window will appear, where you'll be able to add a group name, add members and select the privacy setting for your group. Click Create when you're done.

3. Once the group is created, you'll be taken to the group's page. To get started, click at the top right of the page and select Edit Group Settings. From here you can add a group description, tags, set a group email address, add a group picture and manage members.

Hi,

We booked this cruise whilst on the fantasy last month, I am not sure if we will have to move the date as there are a few things that need to be confirmed first but as it stands we should be on this cruise.
This will be our 4th Disney cruise. No children, as my Daughter and her boyfriend will be 21 and then there is my self and my husband, we have category 5c with verandas.
Disney is not just for little kids its also for big kids!
On our last cruise we decided to join the FE group and I would do it again. We had lots of fun making the FEs and delivering them around the ship which helped us familiarise ourselves with the ship.

Hi, We booked this cruise whilst on the fantasy last month, I am not sure if we will have to move the date as there are a few things that need to be confirmed first but as it stands we should be on this cruise. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. No children, as my Daughter and her boyfriend will be 21 and then there is my self and my husband, we have category 5c with verandas. Disney is not just for little kids its also for big kids! On our last cruise we decided to join the FE group and I would do it again. We had lots of fun making the FEs and delivering them around the ship which helped us familiarise ourselves with the ship.

I keep trying to convince my father and his soon to be bride (my mother passed a couple of years ago) to come with us on our cruise, but I can't seem to convince him the ship isn't overrun with children and that there is plenty to do for adults! Do you have any arguments that may help me convince him? I know he would love it. He took her to WDW when they were first dating.

I keep trying to convince my father and his soon to be bride (my mother passed a couple of years ago) to come with us on our cruise, but I can't seem to convince him the ship isn't overrun with children and that there is plenty to do for adults! Do you have any arguments that may help me convince him? I know he would love it. He took her to WDW when they were first dating.

I think for the most part you can stay clear of a lot of kids if you choose to. We did the late dinner seating and there were no small children that I recall whatsoever. I'd hoped that would apply to the early shows too since in theory they should have been at dinner then. Not so. I guess many people with little kids skip the MDRs and do the quick serve or room service and then see the early shows. I must admit that at some times they were quite disruptive and frankly annoying. (I blame the parents though and not the children.) Since there is the whole deck area including a pool that is adult only that is an option for them. Same at Castaway Cay. Also they can eat at Palo and Remy's if they definitely want no children. There were times that the elevators and stairs were used as a playground for kids but it wasn't often and again, that's the parents doing. There were also excursions for adults only so they can have an adult cruise on DCL. We have friends (2 different couples) who are childless and went on DCL and LOVED it!

Thanks for your input. We did 2nd seating last cruise and I don't even remember other children other than our youngest and our table mates youngest both about six. Our kids behaved perfectly and then went to the kids clubs. So the other children must not have been disruptive. I know there were kids at the shows, but again, we never ran into any that were behaving badly enough that I remember it now. I didn't even see kids running in the halls or on the stairs! I may have just been on a really great cruise, but everything, except youngest son complaining of a bully in the kids club, but I didn't see anything that my dad would be bothered by. He just can't get past the image of the ship over crowded with kids. Maybe I should work on his fiancé.... :)

Thanks for your input. We did 2nd seating last cruise and I don't even remember other children other than our youngest and our table mates youngest both about six. Our kids behaved perfectly and then went to the kids clubs. So the other children must not have been disruptive. I know there were kids at the shows, but again, we never ran into any that were behaving badly enough that I remember it now. I didn't even see kids running in the halls or on the stairs! I may have just been on a really great cruise, but everything, except youngest son complaining of a bully in the kids club, but I didn't see anything that my dad would be bothered by. He just can't get past the image of the ship over crowded with kids. Maybe I should work on his fiancé.... :)

I said while on the ship that I only noticed a few times how close to capacity the ship was. Once was the safety drill which is so fast & then over and one other was at customs at the end.

When we booked our first Disney cruise there was 7 of us and my husband went under protest. He said 'I will go this time but you wont get me on a Disney boat again as it will be swarming with kids'!
Well to say that my husband cant tolerate kids is an understatement, he doesn't mind being around children but only well behaved ones and in small doses.

We have just sailed on our third Disney cruise! and he cant wait to sail with Disney again.

So please keep trying to persuade your father or maybe even try to persuade his soon to be bride as Disney cruises are so geared to Adults as much as families. We had second seating for dinner and we had only a few small children there that I noticed and they were all very well behaved. There are plenty of Adult only areas, our favourite being Satellite Falls. There are bars and nightly entertainment for just adults.
We never really saw any kids playing in the stair areas, I would say that you are more likely to find children by the kids pool area or in the main Atrium when there is a meet and greet with the characters and you can avoid these areas most of the time.
Somehow Disney seems to Magic away the children and keep all age groups happy.
We did go to a couple of early evening shows and had no problem with children.
Plus like someone else said, there are some excursions for adults only.
All in all I would say that if you want a family holiday with your children or just for adults I would recommend Disney every time.
Our cruise was almost full so our experience was based on a high number of children.

If my husband can go on a Disney cruise and love it then ANY one can!

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

Good Morning all

We just got off the Fantasy on Oct 12th, and rebooked while onboard we enjoyed ourselves so much.

We decided to try a Western Caribbean this time - so here we are joining this cruise.

Looking forward to another year of planning!

Hello everyone! Just put in a request to our TA to move hubby and I to this cruise! We were all planning on doing the last Southern and then the repo to PC but the kids schedules didn't work out. So we plan on doing the following:

Hubby and I will take this cruise as our anniversary trip (#19 will be on 10/5). We cruised on the Magic alone in May and had absolutely the most fantastic time! Anyway, the kids will stay home with grandpa and will be finishing up 1st quarter exams. Then, they will fly out on Saturday afternoon to meet up with us. They fly often and age 15.5 and 8.5, I feel confident they won't have any problems. DD flew by herself at 10 and didn't mind it at all. Anyway, we will stay in DVC for 2 nights, go to MNSSHP on Sunday (I'm guessing it will be on Sunday it has been last few years), then all hit the Wonder for the 4 night Double Dip on Monday! Hoping that missing 3 days of school won't be a problem (they have fall break that Monday and Tuesday).

...boy that's a long winded way to say that we will be backing this cruise up with a 4 night on the Wonder, lol

Like I stated above, hubby and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED our Magic cruise in May. We can't wait to have another cruise alone and will actually get to enjoy the adult areas on the Fantasy this time.

Anyway, we will like to participate with the FE. Once I make sure I get my requested cabin I will PM the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter