• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much fun for a Disney Fan-Ta-See onboard (fantasy) 9-27-14 Western Caribbean

hello, we are the howells
we just booked this cruise, moving our dates from jan 2014
we are a family of 4 and my two kids will be 8 and 6 at the time of the cruise
we are going to be in stateroom 9510, and for sure will be doing the FE

I saw on the FE list that your stateroom is listed as 9508. And I would like to apologies now because we surround you pretty much... 9502,9504,9510,9512
And we are loud :/ though previous cruises I have never hear anyone else :)

It's official. We are doing a back to back Western and Eastern Carribean next year. 1 year from tomorrow, HURRAY!! We will do the FE for both weeks and would love to join the facebook group too. I can't PM anyone yet (don't use DIS much other than to find the FE group). I think I need a few more posts and then I can PM. We're in room 6669 for both weeks (won't even need to pack up anything between cruises, thanks to our awesome travel agent).

It's official. We are doing a back to back Western and Eastern Carribean next year. 1 year from tomorrow, HURRAY!! We will do the FE for both weeks and would love to join the facebook group too. I can't PM anyone yet (don't use DIS much other than to find the FE group). I think I need a few more posts and then I can PM. We're in room 6669 for both weeks (won't even need to pack up anything between cruises, thanks to our awesome travel agent).

Well, not only are we neighbors here in AZ, but we're in rom 6670!! It is a small world ;)
I'm sure we'll see you coming or going sometime.

I year to go! We plan on staying the night of the 26th at WDW and then the cruise and then go back to the parks after.

What the email for the FE ? I tried the other one and it came back no delivery so I assume I got it wrong :)

Welcome to all the new people that have booked this cruise!!
We will need to have a AZ meet ;)

I Agree to this!!! Woo hoo another Arizonan. We all live really close to each other too. Small world.
Sorry, I myself have not been around here much either, but I have been updating the FE list. So please, keep em coming. The list is growing and I am sure the group will too now that it is getting somewhat closer... Just think!!! ONE year from today we will all be on the ship having a blast. I hope by then DCL figures out the Halloween thing and adds some pazzazz to it perhaps on a sea day.
Let me know when and where for the meet and well get together.

We just got off the Fantasy and have booked again for the same week next year. We are waiting at the airport for our flight home. A year seems a long way away.pirate:

We just got off the Fantasy and have booked again for the same week next year. We are waiting at the airport for our flight home. A year seems a long way away.pirate:
Oh! Please share your experiences! I love to read about others trips while I wait for my own!

What are the benefits of setting up a Facebook page?

Hi there,

When having a Facebook group, it allows for those who do not use Disboards to find out information regarding the cruise and the FE. You would be really surprised on how many people use Facebook and how many can never find what they are looking for on the boards. We had one set up for our Sept 1st cruise, it was great. We made many friends and still keep in touch. It depends which is your preference. I prefer to participate on both. It works really well.

Cindi:)

Hello everyone,

I booked this cruise onboard last month on my Sept 1st sailing on the Dream. It was such a blast. Looking forward to our cruise date, to bad it is so far away.

Cindi

It may be a bit easier to email a spreadsheet to everyone who is on the list, it helps with saving time and keeping up with it :) I have one that I can send to you Mindy if it will help. Just thought I would share :cool1:

Oh! Please share your experiences! I love to read about others trips while I wait for my own!

Well, first I'll say that I never (& I mean ever) wanted to go on a cruise and now we've booked another one so that says a lot! So for now, since I'm not sure what you all want to know I will tell you a little about our excursions and what I found very useful and what I didn't. It was my husband, myself and our daughter who turned 13 on the cruise. She will turn 14 on this one. This give you perspective on where we are coming from.

Grand Cayman - Extreme Dolphin Encounter and Turtle Farm I highly recommend this. They were both great. Loved interacting with the dolphins and being able to pick up baby turtles. A little piece of advice that we read and used: You may not take photos at the dolphin encounter because they want you to buy their photos. The prices are negotiable. Most people in our group bought a few photo prints and got a dolphin USB device with the same photos for a couple of hundred dollars (US). We got all of our photos on a disc (70+) with no prints and no cute USB for $99 - a much better deal if you ask me.

Our next stop was Costa Maya but we won't be going there so I'll skip that.

Cozumel - Mr. Sanchos booked through their website. It was fun and relaxing. We will definitely go back. You need to get a cab and go over. It was $17 for the cab ride. We did the all inclusive which I recommend. The food and drinks were well worth that price. It also included lockers and snorkeling equipment. As well as probably a lot more that we didn't try. Everyone was friendly there. Got massages that were $50 for 45 minutes. That was great and much cheaper than the spa. The only drawback and it was very slight is that the vendors at the entrance were sort of pushy but it wasn't a problem.

Castaway Cay - Here's my advice. Don't forget to take off your lanyard before going in the ocean. :rotfl2: Our daughter lost her key to the world in the ocean. Not a huge problem since it was Disney's private island. We did the "extreme" package here but I would not recommend that. We did the stingray encounter which was very interesting and fun. You got to even snorkel with them. I don't advise general snorkeling at CC because there isn't much to see. We did it because it was part of our package but not really worth it. The aqua trikes look a lot more fun than they actually are. Loved the rafts and tubes but you can get those at the site. No need to pre-book those. CC is gorgeous and fun. Pack plenty of sunscreen. You will need it. There are lots of places for shade here but let's face it, you'll want to play in the ocean.

We did magnets for our door, which was very fun and also made finding our room easy.

We ordered a birthday cake which I would not do again because over 1/2 of it was left. There are just so many yummy options that you can't eat everything.

We did not do the FE nor will we. I love that people love it but we couldn't even try to do all we wanted to so the idea of walking around the ship finding all the FEs didn't appeal to us and since we fly in it would also be a hassle to pack them all. For the people that love that - awesome!

Since our daughter is older and didn't want to stand in line with an autograph book we dropped off a frame matte and a pillow case at guest services for autographs along with Sharpies. All were delivered to our stateroom on the last evening. That was really neat.

We loved getting dressed to the nines for formal and semi formal nights.

Things we brought that were helpful:

Lanyards are the BEST for your Key to the World card (aka stateroom key)

Travel drink cups – the cups on deck are small. If you bring travel mugs you can either carry around coffee or soft drinks

clothes pins - there are two lines in the bathtub to dry wet bathing suites but they all slide to the center without the pins. Some people also use them to keep the drapes closed if you want to sleep in. We didn't find that necessary.

Magnetic clips - could clip the Navigator and the excursion tickets to the door so you weren't trying to find them nor did they take up space.

Hanging shoe bag - they no longer allow shoe bags for over the door because they damage the door but you can take one that hangs in the closet. That worked out very well for all of our shoes and belts.

Pair of small scissors – came in more handy than I’d have thought

Suction cup hooks – great for hanging lanyards on so they don’t get misplaced

Collapsible hamper – We kept ours next to the sink in the shower/tub area for dirty clothes.

Ziplock bags (quart & gallon) – excellent for a multitude of things ranging from keeping things somewhat dry (not waterproof) at the pool or bringing a snack back to the room.

Some sort of bag to take on shore excursions.

Things you don’t need:

Multiple purses to match your outfits. The only time I used a purse on the entire trip was on formal and semi-formal night because I didn’t want to wear a lanyard but if you or your spouse have pockets you could even do without a purse on any night.

Shampoo, conditioner or body lotion – these are all provided for you and are great products.

That's all I can think of at the moment but would be happy to answer any questions since we just got home from a 7-night on the Fantasy and it is fresh in my mind.

Momof1gr8girl
Sounds like you had tons of fun! The truth?! Go on a Disney Cruise and you will be hooked. They KNOW how to do Cruising imo, so I completely understand. :hyper: How was the weather? We went to WDW last year the same week and it was back and forth. Rain, sun, clouds, hot and cool. FL weather changes during that week'ish, but what about at sea? Took a risk for storms for the price decrease. Totally worth the risk.
Anyone have a daughter that will be cruising around the age of 12 (time of cruise) that would be interested in a penpal? My DD really enjoys getting to know some of the girls prior to cruising so they know someone before they even board. PM me if they might be interested.;)

In the mean time...
We just got back from a fantastic trip to DL! We went to the halloween party and spent the next day there too. What a blast. The best was seeing DH dressed as Gru from Despicable me and my DS as a minion. It was like being with paparazzi and everyone yelling "GRU" was too funny. We all dressed as villians and had a blast.
I had a smashing day yesterday! I upcycle furniture and paint vintage furniture on the side and had a booth at a local vintage home and decor store. HUGE success! I told DH everything I make from the furniture would pay for our cruise. And he doubted me! LOL. There are 5 more during the cooler months here in AZ and Im booked for all of them so wish me the best. Gotta get to some more painting and garage sale picking... Want to have a good spending account onboard funded and ready to spend. Good night everyone.

Momof1gr8girl
Sounds like you had tons of fun! The truth?! Go on a Disney Cruise and you will be hooked. They KNOW how to do Cruising imo, so I completely understand. :hyper: How was the weather? We went to WDW last year the same week and it was back and forth. Rain, sun, clouds, hot and cool. FL weather changes during that week'ish, but what about at sea? Took a risk for storms for the price decrease. Totally worth the risk.
Anyone have a daughter that will be cruising around the age of 12 (time of cruise) that would be interested in a penpal? My DD really enjoys getting to know some of the girls prior to cruising so they know someone before they even board. PM me if they might be interested.;)

In the mean time...
We just got back from a fantastic trip to DL! We went to the halloween party and spent the next day there too. What a blast. The best was seeing DH dressed as Gru from Despicable me and my DS as a minion. It was like being with paparazzi and everyone yelling "GRU" was too funny. We all dressed as villians and had a blast.
I had a smashing day yesterday! I upcycle furniture and paint vintage furniture on the side and had a booth at a local vintage home and decor store. HUGE success! I told DH everything I make from the furniture would pay for our cruise. And he doubted me! LOL. There are 5 more during the cooler months here in AZ and Im booked for all of them so wish me the best. Gotta get to some more painting and garage sale picking... Want to have a good spending account onboard funded and ready to spend. Good night everyone.

The weather was almost perfect. It rained for about a half hour after docking at Grand Cayman then it was beautiful. Rained for about an hour in Cozumel & then cleared beautifully. HOWEVER, we didn't get the pirate deck party that night because we were rockin & rollin with TS Karen. Wind speeds at 75 mph. They did the fireworks the next night but no party. Most people were in bed early that night. Lots of people were sick.

Well, first I'll say that I never (& I mean ever) wanted to go on a cruise and now we've booked another one so that says a lot! So for now, since I'm not sure what you all want to know I will tell you a little about our excursions and what I found very useful and what I didn't. It was my husband, myself and our daughter who turned 13 on the cruise. She will turn 14 on this one. This give you perspective on where we are coming from.

Grand Cayman - Extreme Dolphin Encounter and Turtle Farm I highly recommend this. They were both great. Loved interacting with the dolphins and being able to pick up baby turtles. A little piece of advice that we read and used: You may not take photos at the dolphin encounter because they want you to buy their photos. The prices are negotiable. Most people in our group bought a few photo prints and got a dolphin USB device with the same photos for a couple of hundred dollars (US). We got all of our photos on a disc (70+) with no prints and no cute USB for $99 - a much better deal if you ask me.

Our next stop was Costa Maya but we won't be going there so I'll skip that.

Cozumel - Mr. Sanchos booked through their website. It was fun and relaxing. We will definitely go back. You need to get a cab and go over. It was $17 for the cab ride. We did the all inclusive which I recommend. The food and drinks were well worth that price. It also included lockers and snorkeling equipment. As well as probably a lot more that we didn't try. Everyone was friendly there. Got massages that were $50 for 45 minutes. That was great and much cheaper than the spa. The only drawback and it was very slight is that the vendors at the entrance were sort of pushy but it wasn't a problem.

Castaway Cay - Here's my advice. Don't forget to take off your lanyard before going in the ocean. :rotfl2: Our daughter lost her key to the world in the ocean. Not a huge problem since it was Disney's private island. We did the "extreme" package here but I would not recommend that. We did the stingray encounter which was very interesting and fun. You got to even snorkel with them. I don't advise general snorkeling at CC because there isn't much to see. We did it because it was part of our package but not really worth it. The aqua trikes look a lot more fun than they actually are. Loved the rafts and tubes but you can get those at the site. No need to pre-book those. CC is gorgeous and fun. Pack plenty of sunscreen. You will need it. There are lots of places for shade here but let's face it, you'll want to play in the ocean.

We did magnets for our door, which was very fun and also made finding our room easy.

We ordered a birthday cake which I would not do again because over 1/2 of it was left. There are just so many yummy options that you can't eat everything.

We did not do the FE nor will we. I love that people love it but we couldn't even try to do all we wanted to so the idea of walking around the ship finding all the FEs didn't appeal to us and since we fly in it would also be a hassle to pack them all. For the people that love that - awesome!

Since our daughter is older and didn't want to stand in line with an autograph book we dropped off a frame matte and a pillow case at guest services for autographs along with Sharpies. All were delivered to our stateroom on the last evening. That was really neat.

We loved getting dressed to the nines for formal and semi formal nights.

Things we brought that were helpful:

Lanyards are the BEST for your Key to the World card (aka stateroom key)

Travel drink cups – the cups on deck are small. If you bring travel mugs you can either carry around coffee or soft drinks

clothes pins - there are two lines in the bathtub to dry wet bathing suites but they all slide to the center without the pins. Some people also use them to keep the drapes closed if you want to sleep in. We didn't find that necessary.

Magnetic clips - could clip the Navigator and the excursion tickets to the door so you weren't trying to find them nor did they take up space.

Hanging shoe bag - they no longer allow shoe bags for over the door because they damage the door but you can take one that hangs in the closet. That worked out very well for all of our shoes and belts.

Pair of small scissors – came in more handy than I’d have thought

Suction cup hooks – great for hanging lanyards on so they don’t get misplaced

Collapsible hamper – We kept ours next to the sink in the shower/tub area for dirty clothes.

Ziplock bags (quart & gallon) – excellent for a multitude of things ranging from keeping things somewhat dry (not waterproof) at the pool or bringing a snack back to the room.

Some sort of bag to take on shore excursions.

Things you don’t need:

Multiple purses to match your outfits. The only time I used a purse on the entire trip was on formal and semi-formal night because I didn’t want to wear a lanyard but if you or your spouse have pockets you could even do without a purse on any night.

Shampoo, conditioner or body lotion – these are all provided for you and are great products.

That's all I can think of at the moment but would be happy to answer any questions since we just got home from a 7-night on the Fantasy and it is fresh in my mind.

Hi,

Lucky you for having just gone on the cruise. I want to speed through this whole yr, can't wait til ours.

Costa maya isn't on the itinerary for 2014? I thought it was....

Did they celebrate Halloween on the cruise this week? If so what do they do?

What kind of cabin did you have?

This will be our first disney cruise.... Hubby and myself, d-10, s-6.

Thanks for the info!
Gena

Hi,

Lucky you for having just gone on the cruise. I want to speed through this whole yr, can't wait til ours.

Costa maya isn't on the itinerary for 2014? I thought it was....

Did they celebrate Halloween on the cruise this week? If so what do they do?

What kind of cabin did you have?

This will be our first disney cruise.... Hubby and myself, d-10, s-6.

Thanks for the info!
Gena

Yes, they celebrated Halloween. There were children, adult & family parties. A lot of people didn't know about it and wore their pirate costumes. They also left a bag of candy on our daughters bed at turn down.

We were in 8582 which is midship. It had a verandah. We have a room just a few doors down for this cruise.

The itinerary is Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth & Castaway Cay.

I can't find the Facebook page.

Yes, they celebrated Halloween. There were children, adult & family parties. A lot of people didn't know about it and wore their pirate costumes. They also left a bag of candy on our daughters bed at turn down.

We were in 8582 which is midship. It had a verandah. We have a room just a few doors down for this cruise.

The itinerary is Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth & Castaway Cay.

I can't find the Facebook page.
At Facebook it's under "disney cruise sept 27, 2014- 1 cruise 5 countries"

That's odd about the itinerary, when we booked it said costa maya.

That's odd about the itinerary, when we booked it said costa maya.

That's what is published in the brochure and on the Disney cruise website. If we aren't going to Jamaica I will be really mad because that's why we booked that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter