So...Is it Worth it?

If you've never been I'd say go for it. We got back yesterday and the refurbs were more disappointing than I thought they'd be. We still had an amazing time, of course, but seeing entire sections of both parks closed and the castle with some weird fake image was kind of a bummer. Not in a ruin your trip kind of way, just kind of sad. On the plus side, we're already planning our next trip because we can't to see what everything will look like once it's done!

Yes, this will be theme sixth Vegas trip for me, was there in October and blew lots of cash so I'm not paying to stay there this time. Getting there 739 west coast time (so 10:30 body clock for me) on Friday and planning on heading to Cali on the early side Monday morning, so really on two full Vegas days this time.

I'm on the edge for you. Honestly, if I didn't have an annual pass, I'd be cancelling this week's trip for my family. But since I bought the APs for last November's trip and next November's trip, this trip feels "free". Cars Land over at California Adventure is really great, but they also have Soarin' and World of Color down - so 2 of the top 3 attractions are out of order. Over at DL, there's a few refurbs that take away from what can be done, but the Castle being tarped is the biggie. The Magic Kingdom with no castle??? Plus the fireworks are a cheap version from over 15 years ago. Nothing special. While a lot of people here are saying go for it, I'm a bit more cautious with my hard earned money. Sea World and Legoland are no where near the magic and feel of a Disney park, but they're also not in the middle of the Refurb Celebration, so it would be cheaper to see these parks with everything they have to offer. Just an option.

Plus the fireworks are a cheap version from over 15 years ago.

Agreed...the fireworks were terrible. You spend so much time and effort to get seats, and it was over in what seemed like five minutes. The music used to be so good, and it just wasn't the same. Hopefully it will be back to normal when the refurb is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter