• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

so how old are you, your kids, etc?

Me: soon-to-be 43 year old stay-at-home mom, cub scout den leader, writer, World of Warcraft & Rockband playing TwiMom. Computer Programmer BC (before children)
DH: 41, Computer Analyst. A gamer and history/political junkie.
Married: 9 years, Married May 2001 at WDW (see siggie pics)
Kids: DS 7 (Wolf cub scout finishing 1st grade), DS 4 (Kindy next year, Special Needs: SID)
Disney Trips: 9

me: almost 52 - clerical worker, lifeguard, swim instructor. 2nd marriage
Hubby: almost 48 - disabled, major depressive disorder. Not a Dis fan, goes for free dining!
DS: almost 27 - Handicapped - brittle bone disease - Just keeps moving and doing the best he can. Took him & his bro when they were 5 & 3. He wnet with us 2 years ago, the humidity almost did his poor bones in.
DS: almost 25 - Junior designer - CADD, Getting married In Sept., we think. Date keeps changing. Has my 2 grand dogs, English Bulldogs.
DSD: Almost 24, Lives in Conn.
DS: almost 14, Bi polar, ADHD Visual processing error. Getting into the smelly amle teens, but has lots of love for all. Big Dis fan
DD: almost 11, looks 8! ADD Learning disables, thinks she has the same processing error, but the school... <sigh>. Loves Rosetta & Tink & driving those little race cars around MK! Getting into the pre-tween princess attitude

No trips planned this year, but did get down last for almost 2 weeks!

Me: 36yo SAHM for 11 years, spend most of my time volunteering for whatever comes up with the kids, currently boy scout committee and kindergarten.

DH: 37yo Left the Army 1 1/2 years ago for the Army National Guard, will retire from the military in a year. Currently works as a satellite dish installation technician.

We've been married for almost 15 years :lovestruc and have 5 children:

DD: will be 14 in a couple weeks. Loves to read and wants to be an electrical engineer focusing on lasers when she grows up.

DS12: Loves sport, especially baseball and bowling. Wants to be an archaeologist.

DS11: Our miracle boy, was diagnosed with a form of leukemia usually only found in adults when he was 22 months old and had a stem cell transplant when he was 4yo. He's now a healthy 11yo and just crossed over into boy scouts with his goal set at getting his Eagle.

DS8: Loves video games and is now a Webelo cub scout.

DS6: My strong willed one. He loves sports, anything that keeps him moving, right now it's baseball.

ME 38, TV producer at local ABC affliate
DH Turning 36 next week, Retail Manager
DS 8, Loves cars, geography and science
DD 6, my little drama queen, who I know will grow up to be some sort of singer, dancer actress!

We all love Disney and can't get enough! I'm thankful my DH loves it as much as I do.:thumbsup2
I've been more than 10 times and DS started going when he was 11 months old. My last trip was in March when I ran the Princess Half Marathon, it was a girls only trip and my first time going since having kiddos, I was kind of sad they weren't there. :confused3
We're planning a family trip in Oct of 2011.. (got to save up!) though I'll probably go again in March for the princess half again...:love:

Husband: 50 yo, general manager at a Nissan store. He loves Disney.
Me: 32, sahm. I sporadically sell stuff on eBay, but haven't done so in a few mos.
Oldest son: 7 yrs old who has many interests. He is interested in classical composers, geography, hot air balloon crashes, and most recently John Denver. He's very upbeat, and likes anything- Disney included.
2nd son: 6 yo. This one enjoys Disney, but isn't as enthusiastic. He prefers Legos.
Oldest daughter: 3 year old who is into princesses and is very jealous. She hasn't been around other kids much, and thinks she is a real princess. She has an attitude, but is also very sweet.
Youngest: 2 yr old girl who is naughty and constantly making messes. She loves to eat and loves Disney.

Me-31 Elementary Teacher
DH-31-Self Employed and SAHD (Wedding Photography and Car parts businesses)
DS-5
DS-3.5
Been married for 9 years. We began dating when we were 16
Grew up and live in the same rural NJ town
Both Disney NUTS!

What a fun idea!

Me: 29 Receptionist for a Dr. Office
DH: 30 Manager at an Auto Parts Store
DS: 8
2 Persian cats: Sassy and Cougar

We have both lived in Wisconsin all our lives.

DH and I have been together since I was 17, had our son when I was 21 and have been married since October 2008

The last time I was at Disney was when I was 6. I LOVE Disney!
Husband was 8 the last time he was there. Like a previous poster stated "he could take it or leave it"

I am dying to take my son sometime soon. I am trying to convince my DH that we should go for my 30th bday next April. Hopefully money will cooperate so I can make it happen :thumbsup2

DH and I are both 45. DH is a Police Lt. and I'm an Engineering Planner for an Aerospace company

We've been married for 20 years....wow it seems longer;)

DS22 - soon to move to Boston with his GF (hopefully some day to be DDIL)
DS20 - just finished his third year of college in Wildlife Biology/Science
DD16 - planning on going to college for Genetics / or Music

Two very spoiled dogs : A bichon and a rottweiler. We hire someone to stay at the house while we are on vacation so that the dogs don't have to go to a kennel. They'd be terribly lonely......I know, we're crazy people.

DH and I have both been to WDW over 10 times, the kids are on their 4th or 5th trip.

We tend to go the WDW with my DSis and DBIL and their DS's 21 and 20.

The more the merrier!

You aren't crazy... we could never board our 2 Shih-tzus, either. They stay with "Grampy" (my Dad) and they love it. He's retired so they love the 24/7 attention.

love the dog name "Rescue"

lots of medical folks on here

I noticed that, too. Lots of military folks, also. Thank you to all of you for your service!

Me: 53
DH: 50
DS: 23
DD: 21
DD: 17...and graduating High School June 13th!!!!! my baby will be out of school

I work in the local School District, my DH is a City worker...

we are under 3 hours from Mickey... & just 3 hours to ET :thumbsup2

Hi I am 36, hubby is 38. Married almost 8 years and we have two kids ages 6 (tomarrow!) and 2. We are both Graphic Designers! The kids love Disney as much as we do and we ALL look forward to family fun in December 2010 in Disney World. My son is in love with It's A Small World (so we couldnt take advantage of FREEE DIning this year because of the Referb). We also have three cats Demi, Boo, and Magic and one guinea pig named Princess Guinu:goodvibes:)

ME:38 work P/T as a special education aide
DH:40 VP for automotive conglomerate
DD:11 (wants to be a dentist or a vet)
Taylor is our 13 year old Cardigan Welsch Corgi
Barney is our 2 year old Bishon/Shih Tzu mix
Strawberry is our 6 year old Tabby

DH and I have been married 13 years. DD and I are the Disnuts, and try to go as much as we are able! DH is a good sport and will go every couple of years.
We live in a suburb of Milwaukee, but I'd love to retire to a warmer climate someday.

ME: 47, a very nice lunch lady at my daughter's school
DH: 48, IT guy
DS: 23, Seminary grad student
DS: 19, Rising sophomore in college
DD: 12, Rising 7th grader

DD and I like Disney alot, the guys are just so-so about it. We have been many times, now just looking forward to going again !

Lots of fellow Steel City peeps! :goodvibes I grew up there before moving to NJ with the hubs.

ME - 53yo nurse in magor trauma center

DH - 52 yo minister

DS - 30 computers, married with 4 kids

DS- 28 grocery manager married with 2 kids

DS -26 grad. tomorrow with criminal justice degree ..serious relationship,,NO KIDS

Only DD - 22 student

DS - 14 disney lover with 6 trips under his belt

DS - 13 disney lover also with 6 trips under his belt

We are a WDW loving family..retiring to SC in 5 years...we say to be closer to family, but really to be 7 hours from our happy place instead of the 22 we are now!!!:woohoo:

ME - 33, work in IT
DH - 41, Dispatcher for City Fire Dept.

DS - 12
DD - 11

We will have been married for 14 years this December! We both love Disney and love to travel.

me: 26 work in retail...
and thats it! i think im not the youngest but the only solo person. i still live at home with my parents. my mum is my disney partner and that is fine with me. we had a truly amazing trip last year so we just booked another trip for sept. joined the dis while planning the trip last year and have since moved into the budget board to learn how to save money so i dont have to live at home forever. ahhh the joy of student loans.

Me: 36 sahm
DH: 45 owner operator/truck driver
DS: 5 next week, loves star wars, cars and toy story
Two cats: Ellie and Jethro

Married 14 yrs in Nov. Wished we lived closer to Disney. DH could care less about ever going to WDW again, but doesn't mind if DS and I go!!!

DH and I are both 32, about to turn 33 (our birthdays are 2 weeks apart). He is an ER doc and associate residency director/assistant professor. I am an attorney (I've only been practicing for 6 months). We have one son who is turning 5 this August. We're all Disney nuts and I have just booked a surprise trip for my son's birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter