So disappointed at Disney

Maybe just book a table in the Grand Floridian Tea Room? Even though it is not princess themed for kids, it is English high tea themed with roses and finger sandwiches (which is royal indeed) and all that. I'll bet they would make it very elegant and grand for her. I'm sure if you chatted with Disney Dining about having a birthday tea for her it would be just lovely and you wouldn't feel you were missing out at all. I hope you can still make this happen!

This happens frequently with Disney. We've had bookings not open at their scheduled times for tours, fireworks parties, etc. While it's irritating and a nuisance, it's not uncommon. I would be very surprised if the fault was the hotel manager's. They don't have anything to do with the reservation system, and they don't make the determination about what Disney offers. Phone CM's often give out wrong information, so I wouldn't necessarily believe them. It's more likely that either changes are coming, or Disney just hasn't loaded it into the system.

If it's something that's so important to do for your granddaughter, I don't know why you wouldn't just call once a week or so and see if you can get a reservation. That's what we've had to do before for other events. It's a hassle, but it's worth it if it's something you really want.

It appears this is not bookable online after December 2015. Doesn't look like he manager being too busy, nobody caring, or any other attack posters are offering.

What, you mean posters are jumping to conclusions????? That never happens!:p

Not to mention that when someone repeats something someone else was told by someone over the phone, a bit gets lost in translation. That is, if you believe whatever they were told over the phone was accurate. Now that is a flaw Disney has, no doubt. But I find it highly unlikely someone in management is too busy to do something that makes money.

I think Disney wants us to depend on limited, expensive pre-packaged events, but we have found over the years that a little pre-planning, cast member pixie dust and research gives us the best results when a special event is required. I do realize that I live only an hour and a half away, so I know the parks and the venues and the resources pretty well, but who wants a stale cupcake when you can plan a whole experience for a lot less and make it so much more awesome?

It appears this is not bookable online after December 2015. Doesn't look like he manager being too busy, nobody caring, or any other attack posters are offering.
where do you see that?
I don't see that in any of the "Ads" for this event

where do you see that?
I don't see that in any of the "Ads" for this event
I think she means this event is not bookable online as many events are. Lots of these really exclusive and expensive events fill up within moments of them becoming available. There are always lots of tears and hurt feelings around those Cinderella Castle events, too.

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice. What I find disappointing is that nobody seems to care to get an answer. The attitude is, "well, this is what we are told, so live with it." I think we will probably just go with the regular tea and forget about the Princess Tea. The problem is, it's SUPPOSED to be bookable at this time. You can't ask for anyone who actually knows why not. Not the end of the world and it certainly won't spoil our vacation, just disappointing and not what I have come to expect from Disney.

OP, I totally get your frustration. It's not a new story with Disney lately. They have all these timelines and people jump through their hoops to try to get these experiences booked. And it's so frustrating to have them approach it with such a cavalier attitude. Bottom line is that they don't care. Their business is good and SOMEONE will fill those spots, so they'll roll it out when they roll it out. They don't care if the spot goes to someone who set an alarm and got up to book 180 days out or if some lucky slob stumbled across it and got the spot.

You have 2 choices. You can keep calling and jumping through their hoops, or you can give up on the Princess tea party.

Psst...... I'd swallow my pride and keep calling. This phase goes very quickly and it's a lovely memory to have.

OP, I totally get your frustration. It's not a new story with Disney lately. They have all these timelines and people jump through their hoops to try to get these experiences booked. And it's so frustrating to have them approach it with such a cavalier attitude. Bottom line is that they don't care. Their business is good and SOMEONE will fill those spots, so they'll roll it out when they roll it out. They don't care if the spot goes to someone who set an alarm and got up to book 180 days out or if some lucky slob stumbled across it and got the spot.

You have 2 choices. You can keep calling and jumping through their hoops, or you can give up on the Princess tea party.

Psst...... I'd swallow my pride and keep calling. This phase goes very quickly and it's a lovely memory to have.

I'm the exact opposite mom,

My problem with the mouseworld, and this happened last week on our vacation, is that there is noooo consistency whatsoever. I had a fp issue and got 4 different answers. seriously, concierge cm, phone cm, fp kiosk cm and customer service person all gave me different answers.

Op, I'd have a dress up tea party sans Princesses and make it special other ways. for the money they charge for these experiences (400 bucks!!) I just refuse to let them treat me as if they were blessing me with their presence.

Last edited:
I'm the exact opposite mom,

My problem with the mouseworld, and this happened last week on our vacation, is that there is noooo consistency whatsoever. I had a fp issue and got 4 different answers. seriously, concierge cm, phone cm, fp kiosk cm and customer service person all gave me different answers.

Op, I'd have a dress up tea party sans Princesses and make it special other ways.

Unfortunately I can't say I'm shocked at your experience. And I'm so sorry it turned out that way for you.

I hope you write a follow-up email to guest relations. They need to be hearing this stuff.

And I get your very valid feelings on the tea party. I'm still glad we did it though. :)

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice. What I find disappointing is that nobody seems to care to get an answer. The attitude is, "well, this is what we are told, so live with it." I think we will probably just go with the regular tea and forget about the Princess Tea. The problem is, it's SUPPOSED to be bookable at this time. You can't ask for anyone who actually knows why not. Not the end of the world and it certainly won't spoil our vacation, just disappointing and not what I have come to expect from Disney.
Nobody else in this thread so far has an interest in booking this event beyond (or seemingly during) 2015; it's regrettable that you interpret this as "nobody cares".
Nobody is saying 'live with it', either. Not sure how you're reading that. Posters are making suggestions - and, okay, guesses - what you might do or why there are problems. Nobody knows the person or persons who make decision about what special meal events to offer, when. Having written that, it seems there may be a better than average likelihood the CD manager isn't [particularly ] involved.
Yes, it's supposed to be bookable 180 days in advance, and we're now just 157 days away from February 1. I checked every day it would be offered starting January 1 - and nothing. The Tea Room has NO hours posted after 12/31/15. None. If you absolutely, positively, HAVE to know the reasoning, maybe e-mal the GF GM? Or more likely the dining manager? Or do you know anyone who would go to the GF and refuse to leave until they get a satisfactory explanation?

It is frustrating, especially when it interferes with your ability to be able to plan your day. You're expected to know what you want to do and where you want to eat at 180 days out, and it seems like Disney should have their plans set by that date on their end, too. All too often, they're not.

That said, you don't want to miss out on something YOU want to do just because they're being uncooperative. I would keep trying for the tea party periodically. Since no one can book right now, it's not in any danger of being sold out. We had this happen with Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise earlier this year -- for some reason, it just wasn't loaded in the system for weeks after the 180 day date. I called a couple of times a week, and eventually I could reserve it.

As a backup, you could book the GF tea. We did it after my daughter did BBB when she was 7, and she loved it. They have a special kids' tea with chocolate milk, and they'll probably treat her in a very grown-up (but sweet) manner, which DD loved. There's either a pianist or a band playing, so there's a lot of atmosphere. And, if you want to, you could even order a special dessert for her: either a chocolate Cinderella slipper with mousse (only $15 and very cute), or you could even do a regular or custom cake to have delivered.

Not sure there is an answer, but some things are booked closer in (than 180 days), like the Candlelight Processional. Maybe that is an event that follows the same plan? Like someone said, I'd keep trying. A;so, I know Wonderland Tea Party has a different phone number than the regular reservations. Good luck! Whatever you end up doing, she will have a magical day she will never forget!

We had this issue booking Pirates and Pals in 2012. We had to try for literally months - nobody knew for sure when it would be released (started at 180 days out). There were rumors it was being canceled and that was why dates weren't released. I really wanted to book it, so I just kept calling pretty much every day.
I know first hand how much it sucks. But if you want to book it that bad don't give up - Disney is just horrible about opening up bookings for this stuff.

I checked every day it would be offered starting January 1 - and nothing. The Tea Room has NO hours posted after 12/31/15. None. If you absolutely, positively, HAVE to know the reasoning, maybe e-mal the GF GM? Or more likely the dining manager? Or do you know anyone who would go to the GF and refuse to leave until they get a satisfactory explanation?
OP-read this. it is possibly being cancelled after 2015 or 'reinvented" to another event?

It is frustrating, especially when it interferes with your ability to be able to plan your day. You're expected to know what you want to do and where you want to eat at 180 days out, and it seems like Disney should have their plans set by that date on their end, too. All too often, they're not.

That said, you don't want to miss out on something YOU want to do just because they're being uncooperative. I would keep trying for the tea party periodically. Since no one can book right now, it's not in any danger of being sold out. We had this happen with Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise earlier this year -- for some reason, it just wasn't loaded in the system for weeks after the 180 day date. I called a couple of times a week, and eventually I could reserve it.

As a backup, you could book the GF tea. We did it after my daughter did BBB when she was 7, and she loved it. They have a special kids' tea with chocolate milk, and they'll probably treat her in a very grown-up (but sweet) manner, which DD loved. There's either a pianist or a band playing, so there's a lot of atmosphere. And, if you want to, you could even order a special dessert for her: either a chocolate Cinderella slipper with mousse (only $15 and very cute), or you could even do a regular or custom cake to have delivered.
At the Wonderland Tea Party, they say the tea tastes suspiciously like apple juice. They also make a keepsake to bring back with them, play games and present their parents with a bouquet of flowers as well as have snacks. I think it's around 2 pm.

The Wonderland Tea Party might not be the best solution for the OP's daughter, because it appears she's looking for a mother-daughter event. WTP is children only.

It supposed to be available for the time we wanted. We know it's expensive, but for a once in a lifetime thing, we thought it would be worth it. Everyone said the same thing. It's supposed to be available, but the manager at the Grand Floridian, just hadn't put in the information, and nobody else could possibly do it. Just an "I don't care" mentality.

I agree with you! Why can't someone at least try to find out why or at least try to get someone who might know the answer. Pure laziness on the part of the CM

But isn't it ridiculous that the customers have to beg a company to to its job? A pox on whoever it is who has allowed WDW to lower its standards across the board because they know they can get away with it.

This would still be a failure of disney.

I hate when people say things like how the cast members when you call often give wrong answers like its expected and ok. I understand we shouldn't blame the individuals.. its not their fault the company does train them... but its a failure on disney's part to have employees that aren't trained to answer questions.

At my company its possible (and with some customers common) for some of the government customer reps to call me and ask me questions that are not my area of responsibility and I don't know the answer to. That doesn't mean I am allowed to give the wrong answer. That means I need to either get the answer to them or get my manager to help direct them to the right answer.

As far as I know they are not phasing it out. My Daughter in law as tried numerous times with the same result. She is just so disgusted with it all that she is DONE with that event. I'm kind of disappointed too. It was to be a special event for my daughter in law, my granddaughter and me.

This situation is just another example of Disney standards falling. I don't go very often every four years or so and with each trip I am less enchanted. The parks themselves are not being kept as nice and clean as they used to do and then so many of the CMs are subpar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter