So disappointed at Disney

Angelrose

But I LIKE boring!
My daughter in law has tried repeatedly to try and book My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party for a date in February. She tried on line and it said there was no information available. She tried calling and got the same answer. It seems the manager of the Grand Floridian hadn't put in the information. That is just unacceptable. Worse, she was told that, "since it's so expensive, not many people book it, so when the information becomes available, you won't have any problem". Now what kind of an answer is that? Emails to customer service, again, got the same answer.

No one seems to care to do anything about it. My granddaughter just turned 5 and we have the BB Boutique scheduled for that day and wanted the tea to be on the same day. My daughter in law is so disgusted that she just is going to forget the whole thing. It's just sad, that nobody seems to care to do their jobs anymore.

Is this something that is booked like an ADR with a 180 day window?

It almost sounds like the booking window for the date she wants isn't available yet.

Is that the case?

ETA: Never mind, it looks like ADR's can be booked through February. I don't know what's going on but I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

No, it was past the 180 day window. She tried for a week after the 180 days with the same results. The booking window SHOULD have been available but wasn't because the manager couldn't be bothered to do it.

Another wonderful example of Disney's flawless commitment to delivering superior customer experience.

images

My daughter in law has tried repeatedly to try and book My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party for a date in February. She tried on line and it said there was no information available. She tried calling and got the same answer. It seems the manager of the Grand Floridian hadn't put in the information. That is just unacceptable. Worse, she was told that, "since it's so expensive, not many people book it, so when the information becomes available, you won't have any problem". Now what kind of an answer is that? Emails to customer service, again, got the same answer.

No one seems to care to do anything about it. My granddaughter just turned 5 and we have the BB Boutique scheduled for that day and wanted the tea to be on the same day. My daughter in law is so disgusted that she just is going to forget the whole thing. It's just sad, that nobody seems to care to do their jobs anymore.

Sorry for the run around your dil is getting.

Could it be possible that Disney is phasing out this activity and the cast members truly don't have enough information on that to tell your dil it's being discontinued?

Just back from 10 days at the world, want to talk about foul ups, lol wait to you read the horror that is fp+
Still? It was a mess when we took DMil 1 1/2 years ago. We are taking her back this fall and had hoped it may have been sorted out...a bit. It's very confusing for her when problems arise. I wish, they could put that genie back into the bottle. :crazy2:

I think, this is only bookable 90 days out? It is expensive and popular. It is a very special event for a little princess. Our DGDs ❤️ The Princess Tea Party!

It supposed to be available for the time we wanted. We know it's expensive, but for a once in a lifetime thing, we thought it would be worth it. Everyone said the same thing. It's supposed to be available, but the manager at the Grand Floridian, just hadn't put in the information, and nobody else could possibly do it. Just an "I don't care" mentality.

So sorry that your DDIL wasn't able to book this. Suggest she try again at 90 days out. Such a disappointment!

There are events at Disney that are not available at 180 days some are only 90 or even 60 before you condemn Disney I would find out when the event is available to be booked and it is probably 90 or even 60 days out.

Nope. Disney's site states 180 days out. Obviously, the window has been changed. I'm pretty sure it used to be 90 days out.

Angelrose, don't give up. I would call every morning, until you get the ressie. :)

Sorry for the run around your dil is getting.

Could it be possible that Disney is phasing out this activity and the cast members truly don't have enough information on that to tell your dil it's being discontinued?
This would still be a failure of disney.

I hate when people say things like how the cast members when you call often give wrong answers like its expected and ok. I understand we shouldn't blame the individuals.. its not their fault the company does train them... but its a failure on disney's part to have employees that aren't trained to answer questions.

At my company its possible (and with some customers common) for some of the government customer reps to call me and ask me questions that are not my area of responsibility and I don't know the answer to. That doesn't mean I am allowed to give the wrong answer. That means I need to either get the answer to them or get my manager to help direct them to the right answer.

As far as I know they are not phasing it out. My Daughter in law as tried numerous times with the same result. She is just so disgusted with it all that she is DONE with that event. I'm kind of disappointed too. It was to be a special event for my daughter in law, my granddaughter and me.

We did the Wonderland Tea Party our BBB day and it was wonderful! Maybe try that?

ETA: Adults don't get to go but all the little girls had a great time and DGD was so excited to present us with our bouquet of flowers. It's at 1900 Park Fare; unfortunately, still at the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!