So basically all has been for nothing? Won't get in?

I'm going to agree with everyone else, the odds of MK hitting phase 4 closure and you not getting in is 0.00001%. I'd be surprised if it even hit phase 1 closure that day. People going to the conference without ADR or staying onsite could be shut at stage 1 and the people the warning was going out to. Even then, the parks tend to clear out as the evenings wear on. I may have shown you these pictures before. This is the MK Jan 2nd.2013 3:00 p.m. The park had hit phase 3 closure at 12:20 for a short period of time but opened up about an hour later.
Being an onsite guest, I was able to get in during the phase 3 closure no problem. This is a 10 day. Everybody (easywdw, Touringplans, etc.) is predicting about 7 for is 20th.

Even if they get things wrong, and it's more crowded than expected. This picture was the night before (New Years day) at Midnight.

And you'l have a park like this until 3:00 a.m.

Don't stress out. A lot of kids get out of school on the 19th, so the 20th is going to be a travel day for a lot of people heading to WDW for the holidays. I really don't see it closing to capacity that day. I can see it being really crowded, but in terms of between the 20th to the 31st, I would bet it is the least crowded day of that time period (which isn't saying much because it is going to all be crowded). I bet you will have no trouble getting in at 1:00 p.m. Even if it were closed to capacity at that time, I would think that if you were to wait around, it would not be closed for long that day.

I do think that because Christmas falls on a Thursday, and that most schools let out for break on the 19th, that as a whole the portion of the week before Christmas is going to be very crowded, and you may see some capacity closings before Christmas (like on Spring Break's main weeks), but I don't think you will see any that Saturday.

Some people being Disney cast members from calling directly others just people I know personally
Both are saying this weekend will be high due to most schools will be done with for the Christmas break Thursday or Friday leaving the Saturday wide an open usually the dates fall on where the kids last day is Monday /Tuesday of the week leading up to the Christmas day weekend

This one being a Saturday where families will be free to head on to the parks.

Love hearing everyone here though saying that it's highly unlikely that I'll be turned away from the magic kingdom

If you don't get in, you don't get in. :confused3

Go to Applebee's, blows BOG away in terms on food quality.

Some people being Disney cast members from calling directly others just people I know personally
Both are saying this weekend will be high due to most schools will be done with for the Christmas break Thursday or Friday leaving the Saturday wide an open usually the dates fall on where the kids last day is Monday /Tuesday of the week leading up to the Christmas day weekend

Love hearing everyone here though saying that it's highly unlikely that I'll be turned away from the magic kingdom

One other thing you could do is plan a schedule for MK for an early afternoon arrival, there are various sources. It will still be packed like sardines but you'll be optimizing your time there, some people just see a line and get in it

There is one other thing... I've been to Orlando on business, and "if" I left a meeting a few minutes/hours early, nobody noticed. That's just hypothetically speaking;)

We only have that one day for the park the 20th, everyone I've talked to has said that due to capacity we won't get in due to not being able to get to the park from our resort at the contemporary until 1pm. We leave the 21st we were planning on 1pm-3am thanks to EMH but now I've been told that I might not even get into the MK that day
I don't mind rain as it thins out crowd thunder storms though just hate due to rides closing
I'm happy to see some people say hope isn't totally lost at getting into the park though it's just gonna put a lot of stress on the rest of the trip :(

Everyone you have talked to is wrong.

Everyone you have talked to is wrong.

Good point! Disneydude...here is your big chance to strut your stuff to fellow conference goers. "'We're getting in, no sweat." Then when everyone gets in they ask "How did you know?" You say "I talked to some people.";)

You're panicking about nothing. You have an ADR, which means that if there is a level 1, 2 or 3 closure YOU WILL STILL GET IN THE PARK. If there is a level 4 closure, you wouldn't. But those happen so very rarely, usually midafternoon on Christmas and New Year's Day and (sometimes) on Thanksgiving. A random Saturday a week before Christmas isn't going to bring a level 4 closure. It will be wall-to-wall people crowded in the afternoon and evening, but you will have NO PROBLEM getting into the park.

Stop freaking out.

Level four closures are exceptionally rare. Even when they happen they usually only happen for an hour or two.

There are two separate things here
1) Yes it will be relatively crowded (still NOWHERE near as crowded as the 24-31)
2) No they will not hit a phase four closure

Is it theoretically possible that the PARKING LOT may close? Yes, but there is almost no chance that you will hit a phase four closure- there are ways of getting to the MK without using the parking lot

Take a chill pill and step away from the ledge

Sixteen posters have advised you not to be concerned, have described the closure levels, and have explained why those "some people" shouldn't be listened to. If you're going to continue to dispute experienced, knowledgeable people from whom you requested help, fine. You might want to consider seeking advice from your own experts on the other aspects of your trip as well.

Also, keep in mind that the days that they do actually close the park...it's not that it's closed forever.....just until enough people LEAVE to make some breathing room inside.

Since you are staying onsite only on a Level 4 closure will you be turned away.....and as I said above, that is only until enough people leave that it can reopen. And at the very worst closing it's only a few hours....and certainly NOT until 3am.

Chances of it actually closing are pretty slim.....but it will be crowded, so bring along your patience. And your appetite, so you can enjoy BOG!

Will it be busy? Yes
Will it be rainy? Who knows - I've seen it rain in Florida when the forecast is sun and visa versa.

If for some crazy reason it reaches capacity at 1pm (which I doubt as that seems to be a day a lot of people are traveling TO Disney for Christmas v. already being there), then you wait a few hours and it reopens and you're fine. I know people who go to MK every Christmas Day for a late dinner and fireworks. Sometimes it's harder to get in than others, but they eventually do and have a blast because that is their tradition. That's Christmas Day, so I highly doubt there is going to be a worse issue on the Sunday prior.

I feel like this is the 2nd thread you've started that was basically a freak out for no reason other than some people gave you bad information. Relax.

I always wonder what schools people are referring to. I've heard repeatedly that WDW isn't a "locals' park", so it can't be the Orlando schools or even FL schools. And I know from friends across the country that schools in one city, schools in different districts, and especially from state to state, vary widely and wildly as to when they get out. Then you connect that with when parents can get out of work, and there's no "kids get out at this time" that can be relied upon. And definitely not to the point where you can guarantee that a park will close on a given day that isn't even the holiday.

Yes I overthink things do I do it on purpose? No that's just the way I've learned to expect the worse and be grateful if anything good comes along. This trip is very special, and honestly I think it will be the best one yet out of the countless times Ive been. However, this is also the one I've had to fight for, work , and survive for. Literally every other week something has gone wrong.

I'm sorry if I post freak outs due to bad advice. I just want this trip to be special as it can be, and being told you probably won't get in? Come on that would effect even the most stable of people even just a tad.

I've calmed down took a chill pill (played life's what you make it about 10times) and decided the attitude I'm going to Disney is : we're going to get in and have fun, if not the $200 for tickets wasn't wasted because I'm still on a trip with best friend. (Will I still be a tad nervous? Possibly lol)

I always wonder what schools people are referring to.

Yep.

Public school teacher chiming in from Maryland here......we are still working a FULL DAY here on Dec. 23 .:sad2: Our first day of break is not until Christmas Eve. :teacher:

Yep.

Public school teacher chiming in from Maryland here......we are still working a FULL DAY here on Dec. 23 .:sad2: Our first day of break is not until Christmas Eve. :teacher:

Wow! Another system in as long as NYC schools are!!! :thumbsup2 Usually I'm ignoring the FB posts of all my teacher friends in other states who are out well before us.

NYC, the largest school system in the country, has a full day on the 23rd as well. Break starts the 24th and ends at 8:10am the Monday after New Year's.

Yep.

Working? My kids were usually watching movies in classes that close to a holiday here in Howard County. :santa:

I always wonder what schools people are referring to. I've heard repeatedly that WDW isn't a "locals' park", so it can't be the Orlando schools or even FL schools. And I know from friends across the country that schools in one city, schools in different districts, and especially from state to state, vary widely and wildly as to when they get out. Then you connect that with when parents can get out of work, and there's no "kids get out at this time" that can be relied upon. And definitely not to the point where you can guarantee that a park will close on a given day that isn't even the holiday.

I live here and considering how many cars I see driving around with annual passholder magnets on them I believe quite a few locals are visiting the parks.

It's the time between Christmas and New Year with the highest crowds. I'm here right now and projections are that yes crowds are steadily getting heavier, but Saturday is still going to be more spring break levels, not those crowd calendar level 10s yet. I've been down seven different Christmas weeks and really and truly the crowds are always (although still heavy) significantly lighter that weekend and the days before Christmas Eve than they are between Christmas and New Years. // Getting in won't be a problem if you want to go there. Make a Plan B if you are concerned -- maybe for something like SeaWorld Christmas Celebration -- just saying that as I went this past Sunday and was really blown away at how they do Christmas. It was just wonderful for everyone in my extended family who were able to make it down, ages 19 - 78. // Obviously at the Contemporary that easy walk to the MK makes that so convenient. But with one and one day in magical Orlando even if you can't go there -- And believe me you can, I wouldn't hesitate a moment to even jump into a cab to have a great theme park day -- so many really great world class parks and experiences down here before Christmas.

"Most schools?" There are thousands of schools in the US.

My kids have school until December 23rd. Their first day of Christmas vacation is Christmas Eve.

Freaking out over every little thing isn't going to make anything better. R-E-L-A-X!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter