So angry at TCD and Dollar

Kerryc said:
yes buts that only on the website Claire , there is nothing in the actual brochure, so what about people who don't have access the the internet??

Kerry - it's in a copy of a TCD brochure I have, but mine is 18 months out of date. In the T&Cs at the back?

Miffy2003 said:
Kerry - it's in a copy of a TCD brochure I have, but mine is 18 months out of date. In the T&Cs at the back?

under what section Miffy as it is defintely not in mine and that is this years brochure?

It's on page 64, bottom right under "Car rental" section, point 6.

This brochure does say 2004 on it though LOL

No theres not even a Car Rental section in the T&C's I have??

these are the only T&C's in my brochure

http://www.travelcitydirect.com/AniteNextPage.asp?p=NEWSINFO_BKGCON

and there is nothing on the car rental page about licenses

so therefore if I did not have access to the website and there is no way i would have known as there is NO mention of this in any booking letters, dollar information or brochure. The only place it is stated is on the car rental page of the website and the little guide from TCD , which i couold quite easily not have read or not have been sent (seeing as they forgot to send my Sandford Lounge vouchers!!!)

i don't mean to go on , but that could quite easily have been the situation and we would have gone off with just the card license and got refused over there??

Kerryc said:
No theres not even a Car Rental section in the T&C's I have??

these are the only T&C's in my brochure

http://www.travelcitydirect.com/AniteNextPage.asp?p=NEWSINFO_BKGCON

and there is nothing on the car rental page about licenses

so therefore if I did not have access to the website and there is no way i would have known as there is NO mention of this in any booking letters, dollar information or brochure. The only place it is stated is on the car rental page of the website and the little guide from TCD , which i couold quite easily not have read or not have been sent (seeing as they forgot to send my Sandford Lounge vouchers!!!)

i don't mean to go on , but that could quite easily have been the situation and we would have gone off with just the card license and got refused over there??

But Kerry, The DVLA state you must keep the two parts together and it is an offence in this country not to carry the two parts (the Police can allow you to produce theb two parts at a Police sation, but technically if they want to be awkward or follow the letter of the law, you can be ticketed straight away) so why would you not carry the two parts as they together make your driving licence?

Technically what you are saying is correct Obi, but in all honesty how many people actually carry both parts of their driving license every time they go anywhere in the car! The police in this country know that and make allowances for it which is why you are able to produce your documents at a later date.

I had to ask DW if we still had our paper bits and if she knew where they were :teeth:

AlanUK said:
Technically what you are saying is correct Obi, but in all honesty how many people actually carry both parts of their driving license every time they go anywhere in the car! The police in this country know that and make allowances for it which is why you are able to produce your documents at a later date.

I had to ask DW if we still had our paper bits and if she knew where they were :teeth:

Thank you Alan!! I agree with you

He would take 2 parts if he had 2 parts Obi, but when he came to find it it is missing. The point I am trying to make is how unhelpful TCD and Dollar UK were, when Dollar USA basically couldn't give a fig if you had it or not. Also how it is not stated in the TCD brochure or the Dollar Leaflet we have. If we did not have access to the internet we would not have known about it. I do not want this to turn into a who's right and who's wrong argument but I fell the information is not made clear enough. How many people carry their drivign licencse with them at all times??? because I certainly don't.

Kerryc said:
He would take 2 parts if he had 2 parts Obi, but when he came to find it it is missing. The point I am trying to make is how unhelpful TCD and Dollar UK were, when Dollar USA basically couldn't give a fig if you had it or not. Also how it is not stated in the TCD brochure or the Dollar Leaflet we have. If we did not have access to the internet we would not have known about it. I do not want this to turn into a who's right and who's wrong argument but I fell the information is not made clear enough. How many people carry their drivign licencse with them at all times??? because I certainly don't.

yes, its wromg of Dollar and TCD to not make it plain in the documentation they send out to you.
I have to say that every time we go, the US car hire companies we have used (Avis, Dollar, Hertz, Alamo) have never asked to see the paper part and are much happier with the photo licence than they ever were with the old style paper licence which could totally fool them. I had many times (outside Florida and other vacation destinations) where I have had to explain where everything was on the licence!
Yes, I carry both parts. But then again, if you have ever been stopped by a Froggie Gendarme you would understand why!

Lets put this one to bed then Obi, I've had my rant now, it's not the stress you need the week before your holiday and you think you've covered all bases!!!

Lets look forward to the next few weeks of sun and Mickeyness!!! I can almost smell the giant turkey legs already!!!! :sunny:

Kerryc said:
Lets put this one to bed then Obi, I've had my rant now, it's not the stress you need the week before your holiday and you think you've covered all bases!!!

Lets look forward to the next few weeks of sun and Mickeyness!!! I can almost smell the giant turkey legs already!!!! :sunny:

(best Homer Simpson voice) MMMMMMMMMM Turkey legs!

MMMMM Cinabons!

MMMM Yoghurt Ice cream!

MMMM Starbucks Venti's

MMMMM International Packacke House!!

Hungry now! :teeth: :teeth:

Yes, I think you've had enough pre-holiday stress for one trip, Kerry. Focus on all that fun (and food :teeth: ) ahead of you. The weather here is slightly below average temperature-wise at the moment, but there is plenty of sun and, overall, it is just ideal.

I dont want to put a downer on things, but I was refused on the car hire at orlando internaional as I didnt have both parts of my license, I only had the photo card, so my dbf did all the driving (I was only meant to be an emergency driver.),

We both have both parts in the hand luggage this year (even though I dont think I will drive)

Kerry, we have rented loads of times and never have we had to produce both parts of the licence (and we have always rented through Dollar)

I agree, look forward to your turkey legs! Have one for me :)

mushumadness said:
I dont want to put a downer on things, but I was refused on the car hire at orlando internaional as I didnt have both parts of my license, I only had the photo card, so my dbf did all the driving (I was only meant to be an emergency driver.),

We both have both parts in the hand luggage this year (even though I dont think I will drive)

Sorry to hear this but I have got the name of the guy I spoke to at Sanford, he said if I have any problems to ask for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter