~Snowbird Chat 2~

Some news here on my part - I've been offered a job and it looks like I'm going to be offered another one! One's a nanny share, with two one year old children. The other is for three children, all school age.

Good for you! Looks like you will have some options and a few families to pick from!!! Way to go!!!!

Some news here on my part - I've been offered a job and it looks like I'm going to be offered another one! One's a nanny share, with two one year old children. The other is for three children, all school age.

That's fantastic to have more than one offer so you can pick the best fit for you!

So, in case any of you are interested in some of the details of my upcoming trip here they are:

Day 1: - get up at the butt crack of dawn and haul our tooshies to the airport for departure at 6:25am! We land in Toronto at 7:59, go through customs etc then depart Toronto at 10:30am. We arrive in Orlando at 1:15pm! Hopefully DME will be running smoothly and we will be able to arrive at CBR by 2:30pm. The plan for the rest of that day is to chill, swim, relax, swim, explore, swim, shop/eat @ OPR, swim, watch Illuminations from the beach and maybe do some swimming! ;)

DAY 2- AM EMH @ MK!!!!! Lunch is booked for noon @ LTT. New Fantasyland is the MUST DO for this morning. After we see all we want to see there we will more than likely head over to Frontierland to tackle our 2 favourite mountains and over to Adventureland to see our favourite Pirate! Probably leave around 3 to go back to CBR for some swimtime then head to DTD for dinner and shopping!

Day 3 - AM EMH @ AK! Our list of must do's here is fairly short. Safari, Lion King, Nemo, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, and Primeveil Whirl. Oh and the Boneyard. We plan to do a later breakfast @ RFC around 10ish. Should be done and back to CBR before 3. No plans for the rest of the day, might head back over to DTD for some shopping before the weekend crowds get too heavy.

Day 4 - AM EMH @ DHS! - Our list of must do's is fairly short for this park too. The catch is tho that we want to see Fantasmic! again so this day will probably require a looooong break back at CBR for swimming and resting! Will probably do our faves and split by lunchtime, head back to CBR swim, rest etc then head back to park around for around 5, catch the last show of Beauty, grab some chow and then find our way to the Hollywood Hills Theatre for the 8pm show of Fantasmic!

Day 5 - we plan to sleep in and be lazy. MAYBE go and try some miniput over @ Winter Summerland, MAYBE lunch @ DTD, but the majority of this day will be spent at CBR! We plan to rent bikes, swim until we are wrinkled prunes and laze around by the pool soaking up the rays!

Day 6 & 7 - EPCOT!!!!!! Food And Wine Festival BABY!!!!! My kids are so cool! They LOVE food! They love trying new and different food! They are so excited about World Showcase! Epcot is their favorite park - HANDS DOWN! Our current plan is to tackle Epcot a little differently than we have in the past. 2 days - split the park down the middle and do the left side on one day and the right side on the next day. Currently we have ADRs for dinner @ Garden Gill on day 1 and Lunch at Les Chefs on day 2. We will definitely be watching Illuminations one of those nights, just not sure which one yet. Oh and our 2nd day @ Epcot it is an AM EMH day.

Day 8 - MK! This day we will more than likely try to be at the park for the regular 9am opening but if we happen to sleep in its totally ok! We will be doing all our MK faves, both old and new! We will more than likely do a split day here as well cause there is MSEP and Wishes that night. So the day will probably look like this - 9ish - 1/2ish. Go back to CBR for a while then return to MK around 6ish for some chow and MSEP @ 8 and Wishes @9.

Day 9 - Our flight departs @ 2pm. So we will more than likely have to be ready for DME by 11am. So perhaps a final swim etc and definitely some mickey waffles before we say goodbye!

As of right now, the only ADRs I have booked are for LTT, Garden Grill and Les Chefs. I seriously considered Be Our Guest but the dinner menu really doesn't appeal to any of us. We will more than likely try to have lunch there on our last day. The other places we plan on eating at are RFC @ AK, TRex @ DTD, and The Plaza @ MK.

There are no public discounts yet for that time and i haven't received any PINS. Waiting to see what Disney might have up their sleeve in the way of discounts!

Congrats! Choices are really nice!

My office was closed again today, since all of Boston and surrounding areas were on lockdown. No public transportation. It's strange - we all want pictures of an empty MK Main Street. An empty Kenmore Square or Back Bay or Government Center in Boston - not so much. Very eerie that they're all empty.

It's 7:40 PM now, and it looks like they might finally get the guy, but no one really knows yet. Glued to the TV.

I hope this will all end tonight.

Just checking in here from cold, windy, snowy/rainy WI. :sad2:

I'm adjusting to the new work hours and to a new work crew, but things are going well.

I did book my vacation for this summer with my brother and sister -in - law. We'll leave EARLY( 5:45 am) on Sunday June 16 and return the 23. A week in Colorado, I'm so excited!

Hope everyone is doing well. When does school end for the summer? They have to make up 2 days here now so it's the 2nd week in June.

Take care!!!:flower3:

Kim..have yall eaten at the Garden Grill before? We really like it...it's totally different from any other atmosphere and we enjoy it..I know some folks don't like it at all, but it's very relaxing and the characters are coming to you, so that makes it so much less stressful!!!

Hey Kim - thanks for sharing your plans with us! Sounds like a fun time. Hope some kind of discount comes your way. The DIS unplugged guy Pete was saying he really doesn't think they'll offer free dining this year. We'll see...

So glad that shutdown in Boston is over. I was glued to the TV most of Friday working at home. Scary stuff.

shakeygirl - So great that you have two offers! You'll have to let us know which you pick.

crzyred - hope the new job is going well. And wahoo for a trip! I want to go out to CO in the summer (among so many other places!).

Just kicking back watching it snow and blow. Well maybe the snowing has stopped. For today. It's just yucky out. We may go see Peter Pan over at the high school this afternoon. If I can stay awake. We spent the night at the local Holiday Inn for Paige's b-day party. We got a poolside room and she had 7 friends come and swim and eat pizza. Then all but one left (and one stayed over with me and my girls). I will NEVER get a poolside room. For the party it was fine, but this pool was open until 11 p.m. and SO loud! Then at 7 a.m. when it opened, loud again!! ugh. I think with some indoor pools there is so much echoing that it gets louder. Glad that's done, and Paige enjoyed her party with her friends.

Friday we paid in full for our Alaskan cruise! we are now less than 4 months away!!! Must make some plans now!

Next weekend, dance competition.
The following weekend garage sale and probably hosting an open house for Pampered Chef (if you need anything, PM me and I can order for you! :))
Going to a Twins game one weekend too.
School here is done on June 6. Then we have dance recitals so I think most of our weekends are booked through mid-June. Sigh.
Hope you are all having a nice weekend!

Sheree...i know that was exhausting! those bday parties are killer!:lmao:
We have recital in a couple of weeks..super early this year, but at least it will get it out of the way,..I think I like them earlier in the month so it can be finished,..we have had 3 Saturday practices, so I know the girls are ready to wrap it up...
hubbys bday is recital night, then ds 13's bday is the next Friday, then Mothers day, so both weekends will be very busy. Then we have 2 weeks of school and finals! ready for the end of all of it! Time to relax!!!
Not sure how much I can post on here...but I have finished all my courses and am now qualified to book vacations for all my peeps!!!:yay::cheer2::cheer2:

I am exhausted!!! Emily's dance recital was this weekend. Yesterday was the dress rehearsal which was 6 hours long and today was the actual recital which was 5 hours long! I volunteered to help for both days. My weekend was basically hanging out in a high school gym with 200+ kids. Only 15 parents volunteered! We were outnumbered and it was so chaotic!!! I'm going to be hearing tap shoes in my sleep!!! Emily had a wonderful time though and loved it!

I can't wait for vacation!

Kim- Your plans sound fantastic! CBR- great resort choice! :thumbsup2 I was thinking of making an ADR for Be Our Guest too but when I looked at the menu I decided against it too.

Hope all of the snowbirds still getting snow have some warmer weather soon. :crazy2:

I am exhausted!!! Emily's dance recital was this weekend. Yesterday was the dress rehearsal which was 6 hours long and today was the actual recital which was 5 hours long! I volunteered to help for both days. My weekend was basically hanging out in a high school gym with 200+ kids. Only 15 parents volunteered! We were outnumbered and it was so chaotic!!! I'm going to be hearing tap shoes in my sleep!!! Emily had a wonderful time though and loved it!

I can't wait for vacation!

Kim- Your plans sound fantastic! CBR- great resort choice! :thumbsup2 I was thinking of making an ADR for Be Our Guest too but when I looked at the menu I decided against it too.

Hope all of the snowbirds still getting snow have some warmer weather soon. :crazy2:

YIKES!! Sounds like the first year I volunteered at ours!:rotfl: I know how tired you are! And I can't believe how close your trip is getting!!!! I know you are all super duper excited!!!

Kim - You're plans look great! It is good that your kids are eaters, it makes traveling so much easier.
My Dad is going on a business trip to London in June, and I pestered my youngest brother (he's 15) nonstop about going with him. It just seems like a wasted opportunity to me, especially since it's during the summer so he won't have to miss school.
Well...he's going...and none of us have any idea what he's going to eat while he's there.:lmao:

Congrats! Choices are really nice!

My office was closed again today, since all of Boston and surrounding areas were on lockdown. No public transportation. It's strange - we all want pictures of an empty MK Main Street. An empty Kenmore Square or Back Bay or Government Center in Boston - not so much. Very eerie that they're all empty.

It's 7:40 PM now, and it looks like they might finally get the guy, but no one really knows yet. Glued to the TV.

I hope this will all end tonight.

I'm glad they got him. I know it must have been quite stressful with him still out there.

Just checking in here from cold, windy, snowy/rainy WI. :sad2:

I'm adjusting to the new work hours and to a new work crew, but things are going well.

I did book my vacation for this summer with my brother and sister -in - law. We'll leave EARLY( 5:45 am) on Sunday June 16 and return the 23. A week in Colorado, I'm so excited!

Hope everyone is doing well. When does school end for the summer? They have to make up 2 days here now so it's the 2nd week in June.

Take care!!!:flower3:

I think my Mom is done in less than a month. She keeps telling me how many days she has left (this has been a rough year for her) but I haven't paid that close attention.
I have a feeling she's going to be on my doorstep as soon as she's done though...or she's going to try to convince me that I should bring G to spend the first month with her. After which she's heading to Georgia to watch my sister's kids while she attends massage school.

Kim..have yall eaten at the Garden Grill before? We really like it...it's totally different from any other atmosphere and we enjoy it..I know some folks don't like it at all, but it's very relaxing and the characters are coming to you, so that makes it so much less stressful!!!

I liked Garden Grill too. I also like that other people can't really poach the characters from your table (that happened A LOT when we were at Chef Mickey's).

Just kicking back watching it snow and blow. Well maybe the snowing has stopped. For today. It's just yucky out. We may go see Peter Pan over at the high school this afternoon. If I can stay awake. We spent the night at the local Holiday Inn for Paige's b-day party. We got a poolside room and she had 7 friends come and swim and eat pizza. Then all but one left (and one stayed over with me and my girls). I will NEVER get a poolside room. For the party it was fine, but this pool was open until 11 p.m. and SO loud! Then at 7 a.m. when it opened, loud again!! ugh. I think with some indoor pools there is so much echoing that it gets louder. Glad that's done, and Paige enjoyed her party with her friends.

Friday we paid in full for our Alaskan cruise! we are now less than 4 months away!!! Must make some plans now!

Next weekend, dance competition.
The following weekend garage sale and probably hosting an open house for Pampered Chef (if you need anything, PM me and I can order for you! :))
Going to a Twins game one weekend too.
School here is done on June 6. Then we have dance recitals so I think most of our weekends are booked through mid-June. Sigh.
Hope you are all having a nice weekend!

That is a great idea for a birthday party. My birthday is in November, so while all my summer born siblings got outdoor parties, I was always stuck with indoor. It would have been fun to do a pool party for once.

I'm already dreading parent volunteer situations for when G starts school. I see how bad it is now when kids aren't even involved, so I can only imagine how bad it will be in the future.

Soo...we're back from our trip. It wasn't one of our better ones, but it was ok. Dealing with DH's condition was rough, and it was 5-10 degrees hotter than what I was expecting, which made it worse. Those misting fans were lifesavers!
I think we're going to be sticking with the winter months from now on, unless there's something in particular that's drawing us during another time.
Logan really wants to go during Star Wars weekends at some point, and I really want to do the Halloween party.
Otherwise, I think it will be November through February.

I suppose it's possible that the summer will be easier, since we'd be going from hot weather here to hot weather there, so we'd be better prepared for it.

Right now, I'm anticipating that our next trip will probably be either December 2014 or January 2015, but it's loosely contingent on when our next child is born. (not expecting yet, but hopefully soon)

I'm planning on starting a trip report soon, but we'll see how well that goes.

Hi everyone! I hope the warmer weather is heading everyone's way. We were in the 60's yesterday and should be for the rest of the week too.

Tony and I are going to Niagara Falls, Canada this weekend for our anniversary (11 years on Saturday!). I bought a great deal on Living Social. This will be our first time with both of us away from the kids since Cole was born. The last time we did an overnight stay was 2 years old when I was pregnant! My parents will be watching them and I know they will have fun.

We still have 2 months of school left for Madison. I think her last day is June 21st, but I don't remember. I know she starts her Discovery Camp (for kids in the gifted and talented program) on June 24th, so she will be done with school before then. I wish we finished sooner. It is always so hot here in June and the school does not have a/c. I feel so bad for the kids and teachers!

It snowed here this morning.
I'm hoping this is the last time, because it's kind of ridiculous.

I wish it meant we'd have a milder summer, but I expect it will probably be hotter.:headache:
Luckily, we live less than a mile away from one of the city pools. I expect G and I will be spending A LOT of time there this summer.

Welcome home Becca! Sorry your trip wasn't as smooth as you had hoped. And to come home to more snow???? :sad2:

Meghan- Have a wonderful weekend at Niagara with DH! :lovestruc

I'm officially PAID IN FULL!!!!!! Exactly 6 weeks from today I will be last minute packing to get us ready to hit the road- hopefully!
I have Jason ALMOST talked into leaving Thursday afternoon. pixiedust: If we leave Thursday late afternoon we can get in a few hours of driving, stop overnight and get a good night's rest, and hopefully arrive to Disney late afternoon/early evening on Friday. That way Saturday will be a full day of Disney!!! If we leave early Friday morning like he wants to do we won't arrive until Saturday afternoon. I want the full day Saturday since it's the last Star Wars Weekend. I already have off Thursday and DH could get in a half day and would just have to leave work a little early. The kids have school and I could either send them for the half day or just let them stay home Thursday and start their vacation with me. :goodvibes

Welcome home Becca! Sorry your trip wasn't as smooth as you had hoped. And to come home to more snow???? :sad2:

I'm officially PAID IN FULL!!!!!! Exactly 6 weeks from today I will be last minute packing to get us ready to hit the road- hopefully!
I have Jason ALMOST talked into leaving Thursday afternoon. pixiedust: If we leave Thursday late afternoon we can get in a few hours of driving, stop overnight and get a good night's rest, and hopefully arrive to Disney late afternoon/early evening on Friday. That way Saturday will be a full day of Disney!!! If we leave early Friday morning like he wants to do we won't arrive until Saturday afternoon. I want the full day Saturday since it's the last Star Wars Weekend. I already have off Thursday and DH could get in a half day and would just have to leave work a little early. The kids have school and I could either send them for the half day or just let them stay home Thursday and start their vacation with me. :goodvibes

Is he not a Star Wars fan?
If I mentioned it to DH, he would have no trouble planning on it. Granted...he fell in love with the build-your-own-droids at the Star Wars store....and bought two.

Thanks Kim! We haven't done anything big for our anniversary in quite a few years. I am honestly looking forward to sleeping in later than 7am and not having a little boy join me in bed at 2:30am.

Leave on Thursday!!!! You'll want to get as much time at Star Wars Weekends as possible.

Is he not a Star Wars fan?
If I mentioned it to DH, he would have no trouble planning on it. Granted...he fell in love with the build-your-own-droids at the Star Wars store....and bought two.

He's not a die hard Star Wars fan but he's excited to be there for it- I think mainly because DS is such a huge Star Wars kid!

DH is just not a 16 hour drive to Florida or Florida June heat and humidity fan. ;)

Thanks Kim! We haven't done anything big for our anniversary in quite a few years. I am honestly looking forward to sleeping in later than 7am and not having a little boy join me in bed at 2:30am.

Leave on Thursday!!!! You'll want to get as much time at Star Wars Weekends as possible.

Enjoy the uninterrupted sleep!!!! It's funny the things we look forward to once we become moms. :goodvibes

I am SOOOOO in vacation mode!!!! I have exactly 23 more work days until my much needed break!!!! :faint:

I bought myself some comfy crocs http://www.crocs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-crocs_us-Site/default/Search-Show?q=meleen Not the cutest but they are comfy and I'll be doing lots of walking so comfort takes precedence over fashion. I also pre-ordered my photopass and made myself a little list of toiletries and such that I need to get yet!

Did I mention that I am SOOOOO ready for this vacation!!!!

cute crocs! Mine are just regular flip flop looking...just got a new solid black pair, and last time we were at Disney got the Blue and Pink ones with Mickey heads punched in the strap! LOOOVE those!!! I know you are sooooo ready!!!! go get those tiny toiletries girl!!!
I usually do a pop up hamper every year and put it in our biggest suitcase..but I was looking at some Vera Bradley stuff and their big laundry bag looks like it would work too...and i could roll it up to pack it...Any one use it for that yet?

I love the crocs!

Thanks to everyone for their support re:the new job :). I think I've decided to go with the nanny share, as it's the most secure for me right at the moment. I declined the second offer, as the job is a 40 to 50 minute drive away from where I live and they needed me for 10 months. I have another interview this upcoming Sunday, so we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter