Snow or fog

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
would you rather deal with snow or fog, I know it should seem like a no brainer for so many reasons but I am going on day four on being late for work due to fog and if you have seen my other threads you know how I feel about being late

Impossible?

Snow can do the same. We just drove through a white out during this last storm. Not a fan.

Fog. BTW, if there is fog conditions causing you to be late for work you should plan better and leave for work much much earlier so you can go slow and safe in the limited visibility, and arrive on time.

If I'm the only one on the road, I'd say snow. But, given that's unlikely, I guess fog.

Snow for sure....have you ever tried to make a snow man or have a snow ball fight with fog?....lol

We get fog all winter and only a rare flurry of snow :( ....so snow for sure

Fog for sure. It's only temporary. No shoveling of fog, no soreness from shoveling, no dragging fog into the house and having to clean it up. No ice damns on the house (and worrying about that). No fog on top of fog on top of fog that gets harder and harder to get the shovel high enough to clear the driveway.

I love snow. Many less accidents with fog though. People can't see, they will slow down. Too many people don't think in snow and that causes the accidents. I always have to laugh when the news says, "X amount of accidents this morning do to the snow we received." When in fact, snow has never caused any accidents, it's stupid drivers not driving their vehicles at the speed they should be driving. Winter accidents are always driver error. I'm still waiting for that person to say that big snow flake fell right on my car and pushed me right off the road.

I'll take fog.

You're in a golf cart, right? I'm trying to imagine just how thick the fog could be that a golf cart would have to slow to a crawl to get through it. Even on a "thick fog" day, I will outrun a golf cart in my car. If you have to slow down that much, you may as well walk.

As for snow, you may have neglected to factor in the cold temperatures that accompany it when weighing fog vs. snow. Have you got a super duper heater in that thing?

So, if you're talking driving a golf cart in the fog vs. the snow, (and why wouldn't you be?) then is there even a question as to which is preferable? Is the golf cart lane that congested on foggy days?

I can't speak for where you live but where I live drivers don't stay on the road they will go on the side walk resulting might hitting me heck that almost happens in a rain storm

No but I am frustrated with the fog as in feeling useles given I can't go to work because it takes all day for the fog to lift

Okay. I lived in FL for the first 23 years of my life and can honestly say I have never seen anyone drive on a sidewalk outside of parking or an accident.

I would much rather drive in the fog, but BOTH can be very dangerous to drive in! I don't like driving on slippery roads so I prefer fog and just drive much slower (I do the same for snow but snow makes me more nervous). I've driven in very dense fog a few times and you literally cannot see more than a few feet in front of you so it's equally as dangerous as driving in the snow, just different.

To the poster who said they have never seen anyone drive on the sidewalk maybe it was a freak accroance (sp) that I had but I don't want to live though that again and I know theat people that are driving cars can't see any better then I can they are just braver, as it is when I drive I am holding on to the steering wheel for dear life

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter