Sneaky parking tricks......

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!!!!!!!! :stir: so much fun. went from parking to merging. I didnt know where to post it. i was simply asking if anyone else has or does it. yes my father did it hen he worked for the mouse. since i have been a dvc member i have no need. BLT is on monorail and we drive to ak and mgm. But its funny how upset people get to feeling they should bash my and how i will raise my kid. lol.
i'll raise him to be a disney freak like myself, and to have an appreciation to the subtelties and nuances of "certain" judgemental people. lol :cool1:

It is specifically against the rules of this board to discuss ways to be "sneaky" and break Disney's rules for your own personal financial gain.

If I'm an annual passholder, and parking is free for me anyway, is this still "frowned upon" or otherwise against the "rules"?

If I'm an annual passholder, and parking is free for me anyway, is this still "frowned upon" or otherwise against the "rules"?

Yep. In that scenario, you are not avoiding paying for parking but you are still taking up a spot reserved for guests and visitors of the hotel.

Avoiding the parking fee is not breaking the rules in itself. It's the way you go about it that is the problem.

What about if you have the TIW card which gives you Valet parking if you are dining at a resort? Can you keep your car there all day?

They've anticipated that. You are supposed to present a receipt for the meal. If the meal was a long time before your departure or a long time after your arrival, you may end up paying for that parking.

If it's a busy time, even cast members can't park in the resort lots unless they're reporting for work. Right now, the Epcot resorts aren't allowing any all-day parking if you're not staying at one of them - to prevent non-resort guests parking all day in order to attend the Food & Wine festival. Doesn't have anything to do with getting out of paying - they don't want Epcot day guests taking up parking spaces that should be for resort guests.

...What people are referring to (the late merge appraoch) is coming (here is a good read from the state of MN http://www.dot.state.mn.us/trafficeng/workzone/doc/When-latemerge-zipper.pdf) and is popping up more and more, but make no mistakes. it only relieves congestion when it is set up and practiced by the morotirs, not by a select few...

Funny you quote that...you'll never guess where I just moved to. ;)

Here's the way I'm justifying it in my mind: MNDOT is clearly trying to educate motorists to do this. As a Twin Cities commuter, I can see that their PR isn't really working, yet. But shouldn't I be leading by example, hoping that more people will follow me and also start utilizing the technique, and thus reducing the congestion for all of us? I'm a pioneer, not a jerk!

Trust me, I spent the last 4 months moving into the backed up lane early and then cursing at the discourteous people who went by me and merged at the point of merger. Then I read the DOT materials and realized that zippering makes more sense. There are definitely merge points here where people are zippering appropriately and it really does cut back on the congestion. But I'm not going to do it the "wrong" way at the places where it hasn't caught on yet and continue contributing to the problem or waiting unnecessarily.

Yes, you can park at DTD and ride in that way, but you can't go directly to "the park of your choice". You have to take a bus from DTD to a resort, then stand in line at the resort to get on the bus to the park of your choice. Plus, DTD busses don't start running until a bit later in the morning, so if making RD is part of your plan, you won't be able to if you park at DTD.:earsboy:

And when you actually want to visit DTD, it is a pain trying to find a parking spot because of all the people that do use that lot as a park n ride.:rolleyes2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter