• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sneaking more people in a room....

Must say that some of the responses were funny and others were right to the point, there are several more important issues involved here.
One being that misrepresenting yourselves does not say much for what is being taught to their children and family.
Also if something happens to one of the people who is not registered at the resort (hopefully nothing will) there can be problems with contacting relatives / friends since they will not show in any WDW Resort System.
Just imagine if one of the people gets hurt and relatives / friends cannot be contacted - is that really worth just a few dollars.

Getting away with it is not the problem. That most likely will happen however, let's say one of the unregistered adults falls in the tub because of a slippery floor or another unregistered adult hurts themselves because of a mishap on Disney's behalf; you think you'll have a case? Nope. The guest would have not been registered which would not make Disney Liable for anything happening to them since they would be considered as a licensee, basically not a guest.

I'd spend the extra buck and get another room. You'll be more comfortable physically and emotionally because if you posed this question, it is obviously bothering you already.

Good luck with your decision.

Though I'm not a lawyer, I think that the unregistered guest would still have a case to sue if they got hurt as a result of something Disney did. After all, I'll be staying at AKL next week, but if I go to eat at, say, BC and I get hurt, I could still sue Disney if my injury is due to a fault on their part. And what about people who stay offsite? They could still sue if they get hurt while visiting a Disney resort even though they are not registered guests of the resort.

I didn't have the time to go through all the post so someone else may have already pointed this out....I would not be nearly as worried with what Disney was going to think as the older children that I am teaching to steal.:rolleyes: If its not one thing its your in-laws. I know your pain.

hey justthat!

that's an interesting distinction. if the areas are open to the public, not only registered guests (like restaurants and common areas), then unregistered guests are not licensees-- they are guests of the hotel in those designated public areas ("invitees".) invitees are due a duty of due care, and the company generally owes a duty to inspect the premises and erect safeguards to make the premises reasonably safe.

but if the person is actively enjoying resort guest-only areas: a room, the pool, or in the concierge area, then they are technically not invitees, and disney has more defenses against their recovery for things that happen to them. they are "licensees," or "trespassers", depending on the intricacies of hotel-specific law, which i have no idea about :) then other things come into play-- did disney know they were there, did disney take due care, etc.. i'm not saying that they won't recover, but they wouldn't be treated the same as a paying guest.

legalese, but it's been around since forever (good ol' english common law), and it makes sense in its attempt to strike a balance between an owner's rights and the rights of the public...

a nice way to think about it: you should not have to pay someone's injuries if they walked onto areas of your property that they are not supposed to be at (and you had no reason to think they would be there). but it makes sense that you should keep your front steps in tip top shape if you expect or know that the postman or others walk up them.

anyway, back to the topic :p. i'm always for following the rules. mostly because there usually is a way to follow them, but also because sometimes "harmless" transgressions end up costing you more than you ever thought they would...

:earsgirl:

Could they get away with it...possibly. But if they are caught, they could be made to get an extra room due to fire codes.

Just hope they don't start to feel to cramped and decide your room has a little extra room for them.

If they try it, they're gonna be miserable no matter if they get caught or not! Those rooms are so small I can't stand to be in them with more than just my husband and small daughter.

Kudos to the OP for standing up and saying that her family wouldn't be a part of that nonsense.

I worry what other rules in the parks these folks might be willing to 'bend'...rules usually exist for a reason.

Good luck with your trip!

I think with that many people there really is a good chance the maid would have to notice and there would be a good possibility she would turn them in.She would have to notice all the extra luggage and the toiletries being used besides all the extra work she would have to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter