Sneaking more people in a room....

Originally posted by >>^..^<<
Wow! Thanx for the review of the GC... :)

When I had the Disney Website up a few days ago my daughter saw Sleeping Beauty's Castle and said "Hey thats not the same castle as MK" I explained to her that it was Disneyland in California and now she keeps saying we should go there, we should go there. :rolleyes:

I never really thought about it.. I have been to San Diego & La Jolla before but not the LA area.

I was thinking it might be fun to go to DL and Universal Hollywood...

I was looking here on the DIS boards DL area and it was so small! Hardly any pages or reports there. I guess DL is not as popular as WDW?

Thanx again

>>^..^<<

Try www.MousePad.com for DL info they also have a discussion board. I found pix and info there while planning our trips to DL. We stayed at the GC over Easter, the DL hotel has the most awesome character brunch for the holiday!! We stayed at the DL Hotel the trip before that. I think we are going to plan another DL trip over spring break my kids didn't get enough time at the beach last trip;)

AS a veteran of about 100 trips to Disneyland I have to say it is the best.. I will be at WDW in a week for the first time though. DL is located in the heart of Anaheim, CA and you can walk to a lot of restaurants and stuff. I will say though.. The best time of year to go is in November during the middle of the week or in January after New Years..
There are usually minimal school groups there at that time. Also you can do each park in a day...

Since they up-dated the place we usually enjoy walking the 'mall' and going to Build-A-Bear. It is where you can make your own stuffed animal with clothes, a heart inside and even a sound chip. My son adores going there.

For CA Adventures though.. I found that it is not really for small children.. Under 5.. As there are only 4 rides in A bugs life and the roller coasters you must be at least 48 or 52 inches tall.

I took my son when he was about 14 mos. and he went on a few rides, but I won't take him back till he is at least 5.

They do have more thrilling rides than DL does though..

What ever you choose have a wonderful time..

Laughing Place and Mousepad are both GREAT disneyland sites(you'll see me there too! ;) )

We got to DL at least once a year, we've been really lucky this year and have gone 3 times for me and 2 times for my boys. They have both gone since they were 18 mths and 12 mths. I've been going since I was 5 so it probably won't surprise you to hear that I LOVE Disneyland :p

I don't know how old your daughter is but Disneyland Hotel is the best of the three when you have small children. The pool is great, Goofy's Kitchen is there(similar to Chef Mickeys)and the rooms are totally adorable(glow inthe dark Pixie Dust borders!)

And I have to disagree with Rapunsel, I take my youngest to California Adventures and he loves it! There's not only the Bugs Land, but the Aladdin Show, Playhouse Disney, Muppets 3D, It's Tought To Be A Bug, Soarin' over CA, Redwoood Challenge(my boys LOVE that)eating at ARiel's Grotto, Getting wet in Fliks Fun Fair, the Sunwheel, the Zephyer(when it's open)and Grizzly River and Mullohand Madness are both only 42 inch height limits. Plus.......the Electrical Light Parade!!!!

If you're going to come visit DL and Universal you might want to check out Knott's Berry Farm too. It's a fun little place and Mrs. Knott's Chicken dinner, one word, yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me! Happy Planning!

Original question
Are they going to get caught? If so, what will happen?
Yes they will get caught and WDW will take the 2 youngest children and have them made into "dolls" for It's A Small World!;)

miko- too funny! Our jungle cruise guide explained that any children left behind would be taken to IASW and have theri feet nailed down while being made to sing the song in 36 different languages! That was the best part of the cruise! We hooted!

Michelle

..(to coin a Disney phrase) but I thought this was a legit question. Two years ago we stayed in a room at the BW with my BIL and SIL. (This was their first WDW visit and they would not have been able to visit on their own) While the room was OK (and yes, we did pay the extra charges) I agree that the bathroom situation was from purgatory. While I love my relatives...NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Although many of you believe you smell a troll on this thread - it could very well be an honest question from a new poster.

There is no acceptable reason to ignore the Posting Guidelines

3. NO FIGHTING: ............. Messages that are argumentative or sarcastic in nature will be deleted without discussion.

Please consider how the OP will feel from your response - IF this really is just an honest question.

Well...I think she is officially scared off. The OP hasn't posted since the original...awful way to start off at DISBOARDS...shouldn't we give her another shot? I think she is "broken in" and gone thru the hazing ritual don't you??

SYDNOAHMOM come back...you just asked the wrong question, we are usually really nice!

..that I would be scared to post anymore! I remember how naive I was re: all things Disney prior to reading posts on this website

I know i would have been scared off....I'm also a "newbie" to these boards and I was kinda disturbed by all the responses......Shouldn't we welcome the new members? Good questions or not? I would have been very upset to have read those responses after asking a question.....IMHO!

I'm really not a troll and I'm not even sure what that is. It's my in-laws doing this, not my family, we have our own room. The rest of the family does this all of the time at other hotels and knows better than to ask us to share a room.

I'm sure I'll be back with many more comments & questions.

Originally posted by Sydnoahmom
I'm really not a troll and I'm not even sure what that is. It's my in-laws doing this, not my family, we have our own room. The rest of the family does this all of the time at other hotels and knows better than to ask us to share a room.

I'm sure I'll be back with many more comments & questions.

A troll is someone that comes to a forum and ask a question just for the purpose of getting heated responses.

Just so you know, :).

As to the inlaws as stated if caught and with that many adults its very possible, they will be charged the additional fees and possibly asked to get another room.

Also as someone stated they will not be issued enough resort ID's to use.

I think that with that many people there must be so much luggage etc.that mousekeeping would probably notice and possibly alert management.There is an extra charge for more than 2 adults in a room.They would probably be asked to pay those fees and asked to get an extra room.If it's a busy time the resort could be full and some of the people may not be able to stay at the same resort.I think at the All Stars it's only $10 extra per person per night.You might want to suggest to them to pay the extra fees.They wouldn't have to worry about getting caught and everyone would have their resort cards.

Okay I really don't have anything to add to this conversation, I just wanted to use this new smilie because it seems so appropriate!

:crowded: :crowded: :crowded: :crowded:

:upsidedow

Actually there can be fire marshall issues if you have too many people in a room.

Not sure about Orlando, but I spoke with the fire dept. in Pigeon Forge, TN about this once. (One of my Girl Scout troops was WAY outdoing this family. 4 adults in beds and 4 girls in sleeping bags in each room!) The fire dept indicated the hotel could get in trouble for allowing this so he expected they would not. I would not approve the trip!

(By the way the "wonderful" leader told me that the hotel had approved this great arrangement. I called the hotel which was a small family owned place and they nearly had a stroke!!!! The part that upset me most was that the girls were using all their troop funds to pay for this and they were the ones who got to sleep on the FLOOR!):crowded:

I love the All Star resort, but the walls are thin!! I am assuming that the noise level from THAT MANY people in such a small space would be more than I could manage and, honestly, if the noise level were bothering me, I would turn them in myself. Why should my vacation be ruined because someone else doesn't want to follow the rules?

Besides everyone else's comments, I think the biggest inconvenience would be not getting able to use early entry. I think that is the biggest perk for staying "on site" If they aren't using the early entry, there are plenty of rooms not on Disney Property that would be less expensive. I wouldn't want my kids sleeping on the floor! I might consider it with airmattresses or sleeping bags...but that might be pretty obvious!

They would be able to get around the EE thing though. When we stayed at ASSp in 1999, one member of our group lost her room key. We didnt' have any charging priviledges on the keys so when we told the front desk she lost it, they just printed out a new key. Since it didn't have any info about our room or any ability to charge to the room, they said they didn't have to print up new keys for eveyone, just her. So technically, the OP's family could say they lost keys if they need some extras for EE. They'd only really need one extra key per roon right, since they have 5 people per room and one in a crib. I'm assuming the kids in cribs would not need to show a room key since they won't even have tickets. And if they're saying that there are 2 adults and 2 kids per room, they'd automatically get 4 keys so they'd just need one more per room. Also, on a cruise we went on this summer, we had 2 rooms for 4 people and 2 people listed per room. Well we wanted to be able to access each other's rooms and 3 of us stayed in one room with 1 in the other, so we needed a few extra keys and we just asked at the ship desk if we could get some extra keys made for us to share and they did it without a problem. So I'm guessing Disney could do that too, if the OP's family asked for keys so that they could get in each other's rooms. Still, I doubt it would be comfortable for me, but if they're fine with it, there are ways around all the problems.

welcome to the boards

As you can see we can give you all the answers you need. We really are a great bunch of DISers and hope you keep using these boards.:crazy: :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter