Snake Q

Snakes are rare. I wrote the original post about having one in my luggage at POP. We've been to Disney a number of times and this was the first we'd ever seen one, let alone had a "too close for comfort" encounter. They're not common to see at Disney.

I have lived in florida for34 years of my life. My house has a ground floor exterior entrance and my kids leave the door open a lot. I have had grand total of 0 snakes in my home and don't know anyone who has. It isn't common at all to even see a snake. When you do though, take a sec and imagine what the snake is thinking when he sees you: "OMG thats a really big whatever it is! I haven't seen one of them before. I think I will go the other way!" I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if you do see a snake, don't worry he will go away.

Agreed. Once someone posts that they saw the snake, the thread just explodes. And those of us who have been there over 60 times and never had seen a snake get their reponses muddled in with everyone else panicking over the so-called epidemic of snake sightings.

Agreed! The snake threads are appearing left and right since the snake in the suitcase.

OP: I've certainly seen snakes at WDW, at resorts and parks alike, but have never had one close to my door (ground or upper) let alone make an appearance in the room. It's certainly not an impossble scenario but it's definitely a very rare one. I wouldn't let the very, very, very minute possibility of a snake encounter put a damper on your trip! :thumbsup2

Over the course of many visits, I HAVE seen snakes on property on more than one occasion: (on the boat from WL to MK saw a water moccasin standing straight up in the water about 10 feet from the boat, have seen a couple at POP (though not near rooms), one just outside of Epcot, and one at CBR (near bushes) Ive never seen one IN the room or indoors anywhere for that matter. I have stayed ground floor at both Pop and CBR. We have also stayed at AoA, AKL (2nd thru 4th floor) & BC (4th floor) - all interior entrance. Now that we are DVC, we will only stay deluxe. But if we do ever end up in the outer-entry resorts again will request a higher floor...

The only snake I've ever seen on property was on the walkway from BC to Epcot--much closer to Epcot than to BC. I saw an alligator and armadillo at CBR although I heard the story of a young boy getting bitten by a snake there. It is FL after all, and I'm sure being near bodies of water encourages their presence. However, "lots of snakes" is probably a bit exaggerated, in terms of proximity to guest rooms at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter