Snake Q

lolobug

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I read on here that main level floors tend to see a lot of snakes! Yuck!
Can anyone tell me where the standard view rooms are located in WL as well as the Poly? Thanks!

Check out the WL and Poly FAQ Threads. Both have maps on the first page that show the different view locations.

If it makes you feel better we stayed on the first/ground floor at OKW and we never saw any snakes;). I worry about coming across snakes but even worse spiders :eek:

I wouldn't say there are 'lots of snakes' anywhere at WDW. Yes, they're there, but having one get into a resort room is a REALLY unusual thing.

I wouldn't say there are 'lots of snakes' anywhere at WDW. Yes, they're there, but having one get into a resort room is a REALLY unusual thing.

Agreed. Once someone posts that they saw the snake, the thread just explodes. And those of us who have been there over 60 times and never had seen a snake get their reponses muddled in with everyone else panicking over the so-called epidemic of snake sightings.

Hi!

Can anyone tell me where the standard view rooms are located in WL as well as the Poly? Thanks!

Keep in mind too - along with the previous statements about there just not being snakes all that frequently in rooms, which is true - that the rooms in Poly and WL are interior-entrance. That is, the door to your room opens into an interior hallway, not an outdoor sidewalk lined with landscaping. While it's true that many of these rooms, especially at Poly, have exterior patios, the "main" door (and the one used by Mousekeeping to enter your room) is an interior door, not an outdoor door.

We stayed first level poly and never saw snakes....promise. I did see an armadillo at ft.wilderness though. You are all good, don't change your trip around because of what happened to one person. Have a great trip!

We stayed in a ground level room once at POR, and never saw a snake.

Thru all our stays, deluxe and moderate, we've seen too many first floor rooms leave their sliding door open or their main door propped open to allow critters to enter...that's deluxe and moderates...

Whether ease of access or too lazy to close or left open to monitor children while sleeping. Door left open on ground floors...

We'll never stay ground floor, never ...

pepe of ohio said:
They all our stays, deluxe and moderate, we've seen too many first floor rooms leave their sliding door open or their main door propped open to allow critters to enter...

Whether ease of access or too lazy to close or left open to monitor children while sleeping. Door left open on ground floors...

We'll never stay ground floor, never ...

I can only imagine ducks and geese wandering around the room, pooping on everything!

Add me to the "request upper floor" camp. I'm TERRIFIED of snakes (major phobia - I have panic attacks and have actually fainted from seeing a snake) so I cannot stay in a first-floor room. Ridiculous? Probably. And yes, I know they can get to upper level rooms. And I know Florida is crawling with snakes and critters (I used to live in southern FL). And I know many snakes are harmless. I get it. It's not logical to me, either, but this is an irrational fear I've had for as long as I can remember.

I just feel better being on an upper level. I picture how Mousekeeping leaves the door open while cleaning and how easy it is for a snake to slither on in and then hide... :crazy2:

I've been to Disney 4 times since 2006 and I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for snakes while there. You'll never catch me walking on grass in FL. I've only seen 1 snake and that was last year at Epcot. We had just gotten off the monorail and I looked over the railing and saw a huge black one slithering across the pathway to the parking lot. I didn't freak (because I was far enough away and it was headed the opposite direction) but it did increase my anxiety for the rest of the trip.

I won't lie...the recent "snake in my suitcase" thread freaked me out! I didn't have this anxiety when we stayed Deluxe and had interior hallways. :sad:

Agreed. Once someone posts that they saw the snake, the thread just explodes. And those of us who have been there over 60 times and never had seen a snake get their reponses muddled in with everyone else panicking over the so-called epidemic of snake sightings.

In 25 years & countless stays at various WDW resorts (Value, Moderate, Deluxe) we have only seen one garter snake, a few years back. We do see cute geckos all over the place. :wave2:

I prefer the upper floor for that reason. We were at the All Star Sports and we did see a snake slithering by the bushes. No, I didn't bother to call anyone. Snakes live in Florida as well as lizards, roaches, gators and those pesky lovebugs. I've seen a medium size gator by the lake at CSR.

Hi!

To be more factual, there have been the rare report of a snake entering a ground room..............RARE!........and that includes all of the south!

Not something to worry about.....have a great vacation!:thumbsup2

AKK

Add me to the "request upper floor" camp. I'm TERRIFIED of snakes (major phobia - I have panic attacks and have actually fainted from seeing a snake) so I cannot stay in a first-floor room. Ridiculous? Probably. And yes, I know they can get to upper level rooms. And I know Florida is crawling with snakes and critters (I used to live in southern FL). And I know many snakes are harmless. I get it. It's not logical to me, either, but this is an irrational fear I've had for as long as I can remember.

I just feel better being on an upper level. I picture how Mousekeeping leaves the door open while cleaning and how easy it is for a snake to slither on in and then hide... :crazy2:

I've been to Disney 4 times since 2006 and I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for snakes while there. You'll never catch me walking on grass in FL. I've only seen 1 snake and that was last year at Epcot. We had just gotten off the monorail and I looked over the railing and saw a huge black one slithering across the pathway to the parking lot. I didn't freak (because I was far enough away and it was headed the opposite direction) but it did increase my anxiety for the rest of the trip.

I won't lie...the recent "snake in my suitcase" thread freaked me out! I didn't have this anxiety when we stayed Deluxe and had interior hallways. :sad:

But I think that gal was not staying deluxe if I remember correctly. She had exterior doorways.

"Get the mother%#^$ing snakes off this mother@*#&ing plane!"

Sorry, just popped into my head...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter