Snacks, Sips & Spooks in October 2012... and a Mexican Fantasy cruise in June 2013!

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all having a great weekend - we went to see my parents yesterday, and today had a day of house chores which has been good.. I rearranged all of our dvds - and put the Disney ones in chronological order :rolleyes1 hehe

IMG_0618.jpg

Some cruise-related news.. the Disney Fantasy had it's 'float out' today at the shipyard in Germany! I was able to watch it live on the webcam :goodvibes here are some print-screen shots...

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0608-1.jpg

IMG_0609-1.jpg

IMG_0612-1.jpg

IMG_0613-1.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615-1.jpg

IMG_0616-1.jpg

It was amazing to see it emerge from the building and to see details like the aquaduct! :cloud9:

Apparently the ship will be sailing across the Atlantic soon to New York - where it's rumoured to have its christening ceremony.. then onto Port Canaveral for the inaugural cruise!

Emma princess: x

That is so neat that you get to watch the progress on the ship like that! :thumbsup2 And I am SO jealous of your 25 days off a year! I get 10. :sad1: I think my time off will increase as my time with the firm increases, but still not that much. You are very lucky! :goodvibes

Thank you! Still can't quite believe I have two trips to look forward to this year - and so close together! :cloud9: hehe I quite like the Universal parks, they don't have the same 'feel' as the Disney parks but do have some very good attractions, like Spiderman and The Simpsons.. I'm trying to learn a little about Harry Potter before we go otherwise that whole area's theming will be lost on me! :cutie:

WWoHP is amazing! I absolutely loved it. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan but even the non-HP fans liked it and said it was the best ride of the whole trip.

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a good week.

Not a lot to report on my upcoming Disney trips at the moment - more should be coming soon as ADR days are in February & April! :thumbsup2

Going off topic, but I found out today that I passed an accounting exam that I took last November, which means now I'm officially 'part qualified' - I have 4 more papers to go and then I'll be finished; it's taken me years to get this far as I've found it pretty tough studying & working at the same time! :surfweb: so I'm pretty relieved and pleased today! :goodvibes

And.. another hint on my MNSSHP costume... she's from a recent Pixar movie... :rolleyes1

Hi Emma! That's great news about passing an accountancy exam - congratulations!! :wizard:

Also love the shots of the Fantasy ship embarking on it's journey.

Congrats on the exam!

And I'm still totally clueless for who you will be dressing as...

That sounds like a ton of fun! You're lucky you're able to take so much time and have all the money to spend on those trips. We're going on a cruise with my parents for their 30th anniversary in June and we wouldn't be able to go if my parents weren't paying for the family to go.

Loved your past TRs so I'm looking forward to your next ones!

My guess for your costume is Buttercup or Barbie from Toy Story 3!

That sounds like a ton of fun! You're lucky you're able to take so much time and have all the money to spend on those trips. We're going on a cruise with my parents for their 30th anniversary in June and we wouldn't be able to go if my parents weren't paying for the family to go.

Hi! Thank you, I hadn't realised until recently that we got so much more vacation time from work here compared to the US. DH's parents are taking us in August so we won't have much to pay for, just our park tickets and some for food/shopping. I save a little every month towards our future trips - I call it my 'Disney fund'! :cutie: I do feel so lucky to have these three vacations to look forward to in the next 18 months :cloud9:

Loved your past TRs so I'm looking forward to your next ones!

My guess for your costume is Buttercup or Barbie from Toy Story 3!

Hi! Thanks for reading along :goodvibes

and... you guessed right for my MNSSHP costume! :woohoo:

Nope... not Buttercup... :cutie:

Buttercup.jpg

but....

imagen_listafunfacts_barbie.jpg

Barbie from Toy Story 3!!

I'm going to modify the costume a bit.. although you can buy the blue leotards on ebay, I didn' think it would be practical (or all that flattering! :laughing:) - but I think it'll be quite obvious who I'm meant to be :cutie:

I've bought the Barbie doll for inspiration...

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

and found the perfect legwarmers from etsy.com ...

IMG_0552.jpg

Not completely sure DH will agree to go as Ken to the party though :rolleyes1 hehe

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Nice costume! For some reason, I thought that knitted thing was a shirt, so that's why I couldn't find anything. :)

Congratulations on passing your accounting exam! That is such a huge accomplishment! :woohoo:

What a cute idea for MNSSHP! I never would have guessed that - I love that it's such a unique idea! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see how your costume turns out!

Barbie is perfect! What a creative idea-- that'll be a lot of fun!! Make sure you get pictures with all the TS characters you can find!

Just read through your entire Disneymoon report and I was hooked! I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming plans!

Yay, can't believe I guessed it! I didn't realize Barbie had those legwarmers - those ones you found are PERFECT! I thought it could have been Buttercup just based on the colors.

Nice costume! For some reason, I thought that knitted thing was a shirt, so that's why I couldn't find anything. :)

Congratulations on passing your accounting exam! That is such a huge accomplishment! :woohoo:

What a cute idea for MNSSHP! I never would have guessed that - I love that it's such a unique idea! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see how your costume turns out!

Barbie is perfect! What a creative idea-- that'll be a lot of fun!! Make sure you get pictures with all the TS characters you can find!

Great costume! And agreed, take pictures with the Toy Story characters!

Yay, can't believe I guessed it! I didn't realize Barbie had those legwarmers - those ones you found are PERFECT! I thought it could have been Buttercup just based on the colors.

Thanks everyone! :cutie: I'm having fun putting the costume together (I already have most of it.. I can't even buy MNSSHP tickets yet, but I know what I'm wearing :laughing:)

That's a great idea about having photos with the Toy Story characters, I will have to keep an eye out for them. I'm hoping to see some of the more unusual characters at the party too - like Dr Facilier and Frollo!

Just read through your entire Disneymoon report and I was hooked! I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming plans!

Hi! Thank you for reading my last TR and joining in here :goodvibes

As a little treat to myself for passing my exam last week - I bought a Disney Couture top!
I was surprised to find this brand on Amazon, and at really good prices too :thumbsup2

It's an oversize top with Minnie on it :cutie:

IMG_0650.jpg
IMG_0651.jpg

I'm hoping to save it for my trips to Disney this year - think it could be a good thing to wear on the flights there!

I've also made a start on other shopping for the trip... this is a top I bought in a sale (only £5!)

IMG_0649.jpg

and each week when I go to the supermarket for our food shop, I've been buying one or two items for our August trip.. so far we have: toothpaste, toothbrushes, ibuprofen, hayfever tablets & make-up remover wipes! :cutie: I like doing this as it spreads the cost of the toiletries out - and helps me count down the weeks until our trip!

I know how hard it is to study and work at the same time. I am doing the same thing and I'm exhausted. But my trip is coming too. At least there's some bright light in the distance lol

The idea to spread out the toiletries is a good idea! I will have to remember that!

Also, it's probably not a good idea that I now know Amazon sells Disney Couture brand. To quote Filch from the Harry Potter films, "Oh, we are in trouble..."

I'm so excited to have found your PTR!! :)

I love that you're going to be Barbie from Toy Story 3!!! Please keep us updated on how the costume is coming along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter