Snacks, Sips & Spooks in October 2012... and a Mexican Fantasy cruise in June 2013!

Your ADR ideas sound great! I want to try Via Napoli sometime soon, too. I think dinner at Narcoosees will be really special. I am sure there will be lots of reminiscing about your honeymoon! Oh my goodness, I would love for Be Our Guest to be open next October since we're thinking about going then, too! :woohoo:

Love the new purchases! That Tink top is really cute! :cutie: I have no idea about your costume - can't wait to find out!

Out of the ADRs you are planning, here are the restaurants I have visited :

Via Napoli : I have read a few not so good reviews for it, but I also have read several amazing reviews. My own experience was BEST PIZZA I've ever eaten!! It was so tasty and juicy without being watery. I'm a huge fan of thin crust pizza, so that might have helped. Ron liked it, just not nearly as much as me. A lot of the bad reviews I've read have been for the pasta dishes, or for a burnt pizza.

Narcoossee's : This was our only so-so bordering on bad experience with a waiter. She was really nice, but it seemed like fake nice (especially according to Ron). She also wouldn't let us order a glass of wine because I forgot my ID and she thought I looked underage (I was 28, but I do look a lot younger). Food wise, the Filet Mignon was incredibly delicious, and Ron really enjoyed his surf'n'turf. We had one of those late reservations, and we were seated next to a window so we got to see Wishes. :wizard:

Oh how I can't wait to hear more details about Be Our Guest!!!

As for your halloween costume, I have no idea. :confused3

Thanks for your thoughts on those two restaurants Mel :goodvibes - we really like that thin crust/slightly burnt style Italian pizza so I think we should be ok there, DH loves all pizza so I'm sure it'll be a hit with him! :thumbsup2

The food sounds wonderful at Narcoosee's - I remember you writing about the ID experience there :rolleyes: - we've found on a few occasions that servers in the US have questioned our UK driving licences as ID (and because I guess we look quite young, I even get asked here sometimes and our drinking age is 18! :laughing:) , and asked to see passports instead (which I don't carry around with us.. they're locked away in the room safe!) - after talking to a manager, it's then be ok to serve us, but it doesn't start the dining experience well. I understand that they need to ask but I guess they don't see many non-US licences too often! :cutie:

Your ADR ideas sound great! I want to try Via Napoli sometime soon, too. I think dinner at Narcoosees will be really special. I am sure there will be lots of reminiscing about your honeymoon! Oh my goodness, I would love for Be Our Guest to be open next October since we're thinking about going then, too! :woohoo:

Love the new purchases! That Tink top is really cute! :cutie: I have no idea about your costume - can't wait to find out!

Thanks Courtney, I'm really pleased to be trying out several new restaurants next year! :goodvibes

I hope we do get to Narcoosee's as I'd like to get there a bit early and wander around the Grand Floridian - so many lovely memories of that resort from our honeymoon and I don't think it'll be somewhere we stay again soon - maybe a special anniversary trip?! :cloud9:

I hope you do get to go in October too! I'm keeping a close eye on the Disney Food Blog and other sites to see if any more details come out about the Be Our Guest restaurant - apparently there's going to be different areas like the West Wing and a two-storey ballroom!

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome! Thanks for joining in :goodvibes

Any more guesses on the MNSSHP costume or shall I give another clue?!

Emma princess: x

Of the ones on your list, the only place we've eaten is Chefs de France, which was really, really good. Zach had a steak au poivre and he loved it! My meal was just okay (gratin de macaroni), but I'd return. Also, Remy came around for our dinner-- 6:00 p.m. ADR.
I also really want to try Narcoosee's and Via Napoli! Both look amazing! We're throwing around the idea of a October 2012 trip too and I really, really hope Be Our Guest is open when we do!! I want to see some menus and hear more about it, though!
Love the Tink tank-- super cute!

Of the ones on your list, the only place we've eaten is Chefs de France, which was really, really good. Zach had a steak au poivre and he loved it! My meal was just okay (gratin de macaroni), but I'd return. Also, Remy came around for our dinner-- 6:00 p.m. ADR.
I also really want to try Narcoosee's and Via Napoli! Both look amazing! We're throwing around the idea of a October 2012 trip too and I really, really hope Be Our Guest is open when we do!! I want to see some menus and hear more about it, though!
Love the Tink tank-- super cute!

Hi! Thanks for the info on Chefs de France - I was looking at the menu the other day and think we'll really like it there :cutie:
Fingers crossed for an October trip for you guys this year too! :cloud9:

Happy New Year everyone!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas/holidays and New Year .. we've had a lovely time, seeing lots of family - I was very lucky and got lots of great gifts, including some Disney-inspired ones! ...

IMG_0583.jpg

And...

I have some very exciting news!

:yay:

So....

This year - we're not just going to Disney World in October...

We're going in August too!!! :cool1:

We've booked to go away with DH's family August 9th for two weeks to Orlando :goodvibes - it's pretty close to our vacation in October (they are about 2 months apart! :laughing:), but it's their big family trip for the summer and they've asked us to come along - theyre'll be 8 of us all together.

It will be very different to our October trip as we'll be staying offsite in Orlando, and also visiting those "other parks" up the road :rolleyes1 lol

We have been on several family vacations with them, including WDW in July 2009, when we did stay onsite at the Yacht Club - but they decided this time they'd rather stay in a villa.

So this PTR will now be about three upcoming trips.. hopefully I'll have lots to post about :thumbsup2

DH's Dad has asked me to help out with booking a few restaurants (ADR day is next month!) .. and I'd like to plan out a few surprises for everyone too :wizard:

You're so lucky! Actually, the same thing happened for me this year-- DBF and I went for a week in August and then I went for a long weekend with my mom, grandmother, and some cousins in October! Disney twice a year is great!
The "other" parks are great in their own way-- I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!! ;)

I recommend Via Napoli. We loved it and it's the first restaurant that we put on our list for this coming trip. We are not even thinking about removing it of this list hehe

I love Tusker house too. Even though we cancelled during our last trip, it's one of the places my dad asked for.

Our experience at Chef de France was ok. Not the best French food ever. Then again, being from Quebec I might be biased as we have access to a lot of good French cuisine here.

I'm also wondering when the new restaurants and mostly when the new Fantasyland will open. Didn't they push it back to 2013?

How fun to have all these trips coming. I can't wait to hear about the plans!

Hi Emma! :goodvibes

I've just been catching up with TRs/PTRs after being away from the computer for some time and noticed you had started a new PTR! I'm joining and looking forward to hearing all your plans.

October will be here before you know it! I Can't believe it is 2012 already hehe - I just read further on and noticed you are also having a big family trip in August 2012! How exciting! :banana:

I love the early Disney trip purchases and am stumped on your MNSSHP costume - maybe another clue will help :rolleyes1

Great dining choices. I'd love to see Remy at Chefs but having seen Illuminations during a dinner ADR I have to say it was a great experience. I think whatever you decide will be enjoyable.

Anyway am glad you had a great Christmas and New Year! I hope the return to work (if that was today for you) went well and look forward to reading about the rest of your plans.

Tanz :)

Yay for another trip! That is so exciting! Oh how much fun to be planning 3 trips! :woohoo:

I have to ask - how much vacation time do you get at work? I wish I could take a couple extended trips throughout the year, but just getting a week away is hard enough!

How very exciting, Emma!!!

Well aren't you the lucky one, with three Disney trips in the planning! :wizard:

How fun to have all these trips coming. I can't wait to hear about the plans!

Thanks all! I have had so many thoughts & plans running through my mind these last few days now that there's two trips to think about this year! :wizard:

I recommend Via Napoli. We loved it and it's the first restaurant that we put on our list for this coming trip. We are not even thinking about removing it of this list hehe

I love Tusker house too. Even though we cancelled during our last trip, it's one of the places my dad asked for.

Our experience at Chef de France was ok. Not the best French food ever. Then again, being from Quebec I might be biased as we have access to a lot of good French cuisine here.

I'm also wondering when the new restaurants and mostly when the new Fantasyland will open. Didn't they push it back to 2013?

Thanks Chrissy, I'm really hoping we do get to try Via Napoli in October.. I might suggest Tusker House & Chefs de France to DH's family for the August trip as they are two that I think everyone will enjoy :goodvibes

I think the new Fantasyland is being opened in stages.. Circus Storybook land (Dumbo, Goofy's rollercoaster etc) is opening this spring/summer - then the Little Mermaid ride & Be Our Guest restaurant in Fall 2012 - then in 2013 the Snow White rollercoaster will open. I'm not sure if the Pixie Hollow area for Tinkerbell is still part of the expansion? Can't wait to see it all come together over then next year or so! :wizard:

You're so lucky! Actually, the same thing happened for me this year-- DBF and I went for a week in August and then I went for a long weekend with my mom, grandmother, and some cousins in October! Disney twice a year is great!
The "other" parks are great in their own way-- I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!! ;)

Hi! I can't quite believe I'm going twice this year, and only 6 weeks between getting home in August and going again in October! :cutie: I just know that my colleagues/some friends will think it's very odd that I'm going to the same place twice in one year :rolleyes: .. but the two vacations are going to be so different :thumbsup2

Hehe I last went to IoA and Universal Studios in 2009 (pre-Harry Potter!), I quite like the parks but, to me, they lack the magic of the Disney parks... whereas DH's family prefer those parks because they are really into rollercoasters and thrill rides.

Hi Emma! :goodvibes

I've just been catching up with TRs/PTRs after being away from the computer for some time and noticed you had started a new PTR! I'm joining and looking forward to hearing all your plans.

October will be here before you know it! I Can't believe it is 2012 already hehe - I just read further on and noticed you are also having a big family trip in August 2012! How exciting! :banana:

I love the early Disney trip purchases and am stumped on your MNSSHP costume - maybe another clue will help :rolleyes1

Great dining choices. I'd love to see Remy at Chefs but having seen Illuminations during a dinner ADR I have to say it was a great experience. I think whatever you decide will be enjoyable.

Anyway am glad you had a great Christmas and New Year! I hope the return to work (if that was today for you) went well and look forward to reading about the rest of your plans.

Tanz :)

Hi Tanz! Thanks for reading along :goodvibes - I wrote the date today at work and couldn't quite believe it's 2012 already!! hehe

Yay for another trip! That is so exciting! Oh how much fun to be planning 3 trips! :woohoo:

I have to ask - how much vacation time do you get at work? I wish I could take a couple extended trips throughout the year, but just getting a week away is hard enough!

Hi Courtney! I get 25 days a year off work (5 working weeks) - and it's ok to take around 2 weeks in a row... today I booked off 12 for August, 10 for October and our wedding anniversary in June :cutie: so I only have a few days left for the rest of the year, but excited to have two big trips to look forward to!

How exciting! I'm jealous. Those "other parks" are pretty good ;) LOL

Thank you! Still can't quite believe I have two trips to look forward to this year - and so close together! :cloud9: hehe I quite like the Universal parks, they don't have the same 'feel' as the Disney parks but do have some very good attractions, like Spiderman and The Simpsons.. I'm trying to learn a little about Harry Potter before we go otherwise that whole area's theming will be lost on me! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter