Smoke Free Pubs!!!

I agree this is good news...my favourite lunchtime pub has a no-smoking section now but you have to walk through the smoky bit to reach it :rolleyes2

My hair always stinks of smoke till I next wash it if I visit a pub- apparently light-coloured (or grey) hair absorbs the smell the most as it's more porous....

I must admit I am intolerant when it comes to this (possibly too much so)- one of my pet hates is someone breathing smoke over me- why would I want to inhale something thats just come out of the mouth of someone I don't even know- yuk!

Its the best news ever at last the government have done something right!!!!! I only wish we didn't have to wait until summer 2007. It will be lovely to come home smelling the way we went out CLEAN.

This is great news, my friend can never come to pubs or restaurants with me as she is so severely asthmatic she would be on her way to A&E in seconds. I'm only mild but the smoke can really aggrevate it even so. We were out the last few nights and I can still smell smoke as I walk past the coat hooks :(

Does anyone know if this ban will cover live music venues and nightclubs too?

I wish it was starting this summer. Having just sat in a pub this afternoon with my two DDs watching the blue haze over our heads it can't come soon enough for me!! Funnily enough this is one of the reasons we're looking forward to our first US trip so much - we've been told it's alot less common in restaurants and the parks over there, unlike DLP where I've lost count of the times my kids have nearly had their eye taken out by some idiot and a low-held cigarette! God I feel better for that little rant!! ;)

At last! I used to work in a pub, and absolutely hated coming home every night with my hair and clothes stinking.

Now if they could just get pubs to turn the music down a few notches, so that I can actually carry on a conversation!

(I'm turning into such an old woman in my old age! :rotfl: )

Its about time, nothing as bad as going out to eat and people smoking while your eating, go to Dublin often and can say the difference with them being smoke free makes going into pubs for food and drink a delight

Thumbs up :thumbsup2 and about time, There's nothing worse than being put in a no smoking area only to find out that the next table is where the smoking section starts :confused3 I could never understand the logic in that.
Anyway even my 9 and 10 year olds have passed comment on it.
Our household are certainly pleased
Chucklechops :wave: :wave:

Im totally delighted. even my son who smokes has come around to the idea.
I just wish that it was being introduced sooner.

Maggs

We've had no smoking in pubs here for a year or so now and it is great - I can safely say Friday night is not desolate in the local bars as the smokers don't stay at home puffing in private, and it really is much nicer inside. The only problem is that all the places to sit outside are now smoking areas, so although you don't go home smelling of it, still means you're still breathing it in outside if you want to sit in the sun, and it's harder to get a seat than it used to be (all the kiwis would hide inside before) - but hey, I'll take that option. Now if only they can bring in the Aussie ruling - no smoking on beaches.........

In a few years time we will hardly remember what it was like. The next generation won't even know that you could smoke in public places.

I remember when you could smoke upstairs a bus, at the underground stations, in the cinema, at work in offices, on a plane etc. It is all now forgotten and so too will smoking in the pubs.

People will moan at first but it will soon be just the normal thing that you do not smoke in pubs.

I too am looking forward to it. I just hope it won't mean people getting up and going outside too often.

Susan

Whilst I am very supportive of the ban, of course you realise this is just the start of the nanny state control?
Alcohol will next be banned in pubs as that causes health problems, then restaraunts will only be able to sell food that is organically grown, without fat, and causes no harm to either vegetables or living things, as this causes health problems, and finally coffee & tea that is nor decafinated oh and "fair trade" will be banned as this can also cause health problems......

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter