Smoke Free Pubs!!!

Goofyish

DIS Veteran
:banana: At last, from next summer we can enjoy a drink in a pub or a meal in a restaurant without coming home stinking of smoke :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Great, but we still have to get through the crowds of smokers near the doors unless they keep them away from the doorways. :thumbsup2

Yes, I am pleased about this too. I volunteer at our local theatre and often help out behind the bar which is no smoking, but a few people forget and blow their smoke in my face anyway (saying that a lot of smokers are very respectful and do put their cigarette out before approaching the bar). So having the whole building non smoking will be great.

Just means that DD and I will be spending an awful lot of time sitting on our own whilst DH nips out for a smoke as he virtually chain smokes, or falls asleep. :sad2:

Oh well.

As a smoker I don't reaqlly mind there being a ban in pubs - at least you can still smoke in hospitals!!! :rotfl2: :confused3 :rotfl2:

Excellent news :thumbsup2

Think it is starting earlier here in Scotland.

As an ex smoker i can see that the pub trade may struggle with this, but i am looking forward to dh not stinking of smoke when he goes out with his mates!! :yay:

magicmouse2 said:
Great, but we still have to get through the crowds of smokers near the doors unless they keep them away from the doorways. :thumbsup2
Get some stickers from your local hospice and make a donation and if smokers get in your way, sticker them!!

carolfoy said:
As a smoker I don't reaqlly mind there being a ban in pubs - at least you can still smoke in hospitals!!! :rotfl2: :confused3 :rotfl2:

I think you'll find that the only hospitals which are exempt are psychiatric hospitals - certainly all the hospitals in our area are already smoke-free. In fact many now don't allow people to smoke anywhere in the hospital grounds!

We have been smoke free for a few years now here in Ireland
It is the best thing ever that happened

this is from a pub owner and an exsmoker

gave up nearly 11 years ago now
and spent the money going to Disney instead

otherwises all our holidays would have gone up in smoke :lmao:

Tiggernut_jadie said:
I think you'll find that the only hospitals which are exempt are psychiatric hospitals - certainly all the hospitals in our area are already smoke-free. In fact many now don't allow people to smoke anywhere in the hospital grounds!

The psychiatric are the only type I frequent :rotfl:

Goofyish said:
The smoke helps to control the MRSA :)

Oh how i wish it did, i may have had a Nan for a few years longer. She caught it in hospital after a hip op.

Great news on the ban, looking forward to this as i am adament that being in smokey places makes you feel worse the next day

yep great news this, nothing worse than being a non-smoker in a smoke filled pub.
The smell on your clothes the next day is just horrid.

As jns said we are smoke free here in Ireland and it is the best thing. I can take the kids into town on a Saturday and we can sit in a coffee shop without having someone blow smoke into their faces. :smokin:

JohnnySharp2 said:
yep great news this, nothing worse than being a non-smoker in a smoke filled pub.
The smell on your clothes the next day is just horrid.

I totally agree, I hate the smell of stale smoke on your clothes and in your hair

:banana: :banana: :banana: This is great news :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter