"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Love that Welcome Show. I don't remember the Christmas costumes though? :confused3 I need to look back at my pictures from December to see if they had those or if I just totally missed them. :rotfl:

Cute pictures with Merida and on Buzz Lightyear!

Oh no, I don't like the title of your next update.

You leave tomorrow, yay! :banana: Have a wonderful trip, I can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

Awe, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum sound like a really fun meet! Haha!

Bummer about PFH.

Absolutely love the castle pictures where it is snowing!

I like your Merida selfie, cute!

Uh oh, "very wet"?

Enjoy your trip, have a magical time! I will be following along on Instagram!

Awesome parade pictures. I do LOVE that Christmas parade.

I can't remember the last time that I saw Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum out. How awesome you got photos with them.

Great photopass pictures, and fun pictures on Toy Story Mania.

I love the Welcome show at the MK and so glad you got to see it.

Have a great time at the World. I'm sorry our paths won't cross, but I look forward to reading about it when I get home (be sure to send me a link).

While dark, I think you got some very nice parade pictures

Bummer about not getting into PFH but yeah for the tweedles being out

And those are great PP pictures with the snow and the lit up castle :goodvibes

Bummer about the cold and rain for your last day but yeah for new trip in 2 days! Have a great trip :thumbsup2

Come back already so you can finish this trip report ... hahaha. JOKING! Enjoy your little get away!!! !

I'm back!! Thanks everyone for wishing me a great trip. It was AMAZING, but of course most Disney trips are ;) Despite only having 3.5 park days we did A LOT. And though it's never fun to leave, we definitely felt like we accomplished everything we wanted and left with no regrets! I will definitely start up the TR for it once this one is finished! :)

I'm guessing this last day was that Monday?
I love all the party pics. The parades and shows and meets look like so much fun!

Nope this MK day was Friday the 14th actually! Thank you! All the special aspects of the party are really great!

The MK welcome show is great! We saw it on our last MK day as well and it also happened to be the coldest day of our trip. And we only had shorts, so I feel your pain!

Fun morning with Merida and a ride on Buzz - the boys could ride that all day!

Oh and I just started following you on Instagram! Excited to see pictures next week! Have a great trip!

Being cold and unprepared in Disney is not fun! But we did have a great morning with the Welcome Show and meeting Merida!

Thank you for liking all my Instagram pics too ;)

Welcome Show on your last day... there's a sad irony in there somewhere. However, there is simply nothing like the Welcome Show.

I have to meet Merida. This is the only Princess I'm missing I think. I was so hoping they would have moved her by now to a more subtle location to shorten the lines.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!! Say HI to Ariel (and Evie and Stacey) for me!!

Very sad irony, but I do love that show! Merida is so fun to meet, especially because she's not like the other princesses!

Thanks, Rob! I certainly thought of you when I put on Stacey in the room :)

Love that Welcome Show. I don't remember the Christmas costumes though? :confused3 I need to look back at my pictures from December to see if they had those or if I just totally missed them. :rotfl:

Cute pictures with Merida and on Buzz Lightyear!

Oh no, I don't like the title of your next update.

You leave tomorrow, yay! :banana: Have a wonderful trip, I can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

You know what? I didn't even realize their costumes were Christmas themed but you're right! They must have had them when you saw them too!

Thank you! It was a fantastic trip :)

Awe, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum sound like a really fun meet! Haha!

Bummer about PFH.

Absolutely love the castle pictures where it is snowing!

I like your Merida selfie, cute!

Uh oh, "very wet"?

Enjoy your trip, have a magical time! I will be following along on Instagram!

They were really fun! Made up just a little for not getting into PFH.

The castle at Christmas is such a sight, especially during the party!

Thank you, it was definitely a magical time!

Awesome parade pictures. I do LOVE that Christmas parade.

I can't remember the last time that I saw Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum out. How awesome you got photos with them.

Great photopass pictures, and fun pictures on Toy Story Mania.

I love the Welcome show at the MK and so glad you got to see it.

Have a great time at the World. I'm sorry our paths won't cross, but I look forward to reading about it when I get home (be sure to send me a link).

Thank you, the parade is really wonderful! And it was such a surprise to see the Tweedles.

The Welcome Show is one of those things that really helps it sink in that you're at Disney.

Thank you! I hope you're having a great time and can't wait to hear about your trip either!

While dark, I think you got some very nice parade pictures

Bummer about not getting into PFH but yeah for the tweedles being out

And those are great PP pictures with the snow and the lit up castle :goodvibes

Bummer about the cold and rain for your last day but yeah for new trip in 2 days! Have a great trip :thumbsup2

Thanks so much, I tried my best!

The castle at Christmas is so perfect!

Thank you, it was great!! :)

Come back already so you can finish this trip report ... hahaha. JOKING! Enjoy your little get away!!! !

I'm back! And will post an update soon, thanks for following along! And thank you :)

Day 7 - Magic Kingdom Continued

Once we got off Buzz, we decided to head into Adventureland. With a picture stop along the way of course ;) I love when there's a PP photographer on the TL bridge because they always seem to like to take a lot of shots! And this one did I think every magic shot he had, which included some ones we'd never done before which was fun! (Unfortunately this spot was all full of construction this past week and we couldn't get any shots here!)

Pirates was only a 10 minute wait so we decided to do that. So we get on, excited to finally be riding Pirates on this trip, and we get seated in the front row. Ok cool! We're sailing along and the drop comes..and we are completely overcome with WATER. Wait are we on Splash? Oh no it's still Pirates and we are SOAKED. I know this has become a big debate on the boards, but honestly I had no idea about it before this trip. I guess it doesn't happen all the time and a lot has to do with weight distribution on the boat? Nonetheless we were not happy! Dad was on the left side of the boat and didn't get it very bad. I was in the middle and mom on the right and we were dripping! Our shorts, socks and shoes were drenched. And remember I mentioned it was a cool day and in shorts? Immediate regret and the day was only starting! We got off and tried to laugh it off by goofing around in the gift shop :)

A PP was also out so we took some pics. You can't tell how wet we were but I promise we were!

We decided now that we were already wet, the only logical thing to do would be go on Splash! haha It was only a 5 minute wait aka walk on! I sat with Dad again and look, we got Mom to do some arm action! She became quite the pro!

Nothing like a ride on Splash to put big smiles on our faces!

We certainly got wet but not even close to as bad as we got it on Pirates!

After that we headed to Haunted Mansion. It was a posted 20 minute wait but only took about 10.

We passed by the world famous Tangled toilets and of course had to take some obligatory pics.

Up next...We head to Fantasyland!

wow that was quite the magic shot photo shoot - very fun! I can see that "Elsa power" one being a hit with kids really into Frozen

I have heard about the issues with the new boats at Pirates but didn't realize it was as bad as you experienced! That is not fun - especially if you aren't expecting it.

And yeah for mom getting so into holding her arms up on Splash - that is a great ride photo of you all!

UGH. Constructon.

I'm with ya. I quite like the bridge locations for photos. And OK... seriously???? They have a shooting ice one now???? Yes, I'm gettin to my brekaing point for Frozen, but that's pretty cool.

BAHAHAHAHA, yup Pirates is now a thrill ride. I only had the one instance of soaking, but very unforgetable. And I have no idea of the cause. But goofing around in what might be my favourite gift shop is definitely good for the soul.

Splash is always a good choice, but even better if you're already wet from Splash Pirates.

Cute magic shots. And I love the Elsa shot - I've never seen that one before!

Wow - I've heard of people getting wet on Pirates but that sounds crazy! And of course, a ride of Splash is the logical choice if you're already wet. Your mom got very brave - hands up on Splash and everything!

wow that was quite the magic shot photo shoot - very fun! I can see that "Elsa power" one being a hit with kids really into Frozen

I have heard about the issues with the new boats at Pirates but didn't realize it was as bad as you experienced! That is not fun - especially if you aren't expecting it.

And yeah for mom getting so into holding her arms up on Splash - that is a great ride photo of you all!

It was quite a photo shoot! The Elsa one was so cool, I'd never seen it before!

Hopefully the Pirate refurb will fix this. If we were prepared for it maybe it wouldn't have been so bad!

Thanks! Mom is turning into such a thrill seeker ;)

UGH. Constructon.

I'm with ya. I quite like the bridge locations for photos. And OK... seriously???? They have a shooting ice one now???? Yes, I'm gettin to my brekaing point for Frozen, but that's pretty cool.

BAHAHAHAHA, yup Pirates is now a thrill ride. I only had the one instance of soaking, but very unforgetable. And I have no idea of the cause. But goofing around in what might be my favourite gift shop is definitely good for the soul.

Splash is always a good choice, but even better if you're already wet from Splash Pirates.

I'm so over all the construction!

It was a really cool magic shot, and one I didn't even know about it! So it was cool to come home and see it with the magic inserted.

Splash Pirates followed by Splash Mountain is going to be the new trend, I see it happening ;)

Cute magic shots. And I love the Elsa shot - I've never seen that one before!

Wow - I've heard of people getting wet on Pirates but that sounds crazy! And of course, a ride of Splash is the logical choice if you're already wet. Your mom got very brave - hands up on Splash and everything!

Thanks! I'd never seen it before either!

Hopefully they fix the water problem with the refurb coming up. But at least had fun on Splash!

Love your TR so far!! So many wonderful memories. :D

Thank you! And thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, how crazy that you got more wet on Pirates than on SPLASH Mountain! I hope with this long refurbishment coming up they fix the issue of the boats getting so much water in them because I don't remember it being like that before. But good thinking on riding them back to back...might as well while you're already wet!! lol

Oh my gosh, how crazy that you got more wet on Pirates than on SPLASH Mountain! I hope with this long refurbishment coming up they fix the issue of the boats getting so much water in them because I don't remember it being like that before. But good thinking on riding them back to back...might as well while you're already wet!! lol

I hope the refurb fixes it as well, it was pretty annoying! And we definitely didn't mind going on Splash after that ;)

Day 7 - Magic Kingdom Continued

It was around 11:45 so we decided another visit to Philharmagic was necessary! When we got out, we headed behind the castle to wait for Fairy Godmother's 12:20 set.

Dad wandered off at some point and snuck in another solo PP shot :rotfl2: These were pretty funny to catch when we got home.

And then we finally got to meet Fairy Godmother! This experience was the complete opposite of my Peter Pan meet from earlier in the week. Last trip I was SO excited to meet the FG and the interaction ended up being very blah. For this trip I was on the hunt for a certain other friend of FG and was so happy that she was the one out greeting! And this greet totally made up for the one last year! She was so warm and kind, exactly what you would expect! And the PP photographer captured so many great moments with her!

Before it was our turn, we encountered another Wish family ahead of us. The little boy was so sweet and FG had a lot to talk about with him! When she was done with him she called me over and gave me a HUGE hug!

She then whispered that she had to tell me how funny that little boy was. It turned out he had a huge crush on Elsa and wanted to go meet her and bring her some chocolate. So cute! FG was very talkative and it was almost as if you were talking to a close family member, if that doesn't sound too weird haha She was just so inviting and treated you like she's known you!

She then had us take a heart picture, which seems to be her trademark!

My dad jumped in for a photo as well.

And I definitely had to take a selfie!

We said goodbye to FG and headed towards Beast's Castle to check in for our lunch FP! They let us check in 5 minutes early and according to my notes we were ordered and seated by 1pm. Mom & I ordered the turkey sandwich and Dad ordered the roast beef sandwich. We also got a potato leek soup to split and 2 cupcakes for dessert! Since we ate lunch in the West Wing and dinner in the Ballroom last trip, we opted for the Rose Gallery this time around.

The food was SO yummy. Mom and I both thought the turkey was so good and I liked it even better than the roast beef! Dad enjoyed his as well. I had the Grey Stuff cupcake all for myself (I warned them that I would not be sharing!) and Mom & Dad split the Strawberry cupcake.

We finished our meal and walked around a little. The Christmas tree was up in the Ballroom and there were so many beautiful decorations!

And we couldn't leave without seeing the rose and the West Wing!

We got out and still had some time before our next FP, so decided to wait standby for Under the Sea, which was about 20 minutes.

After that it was time to use our FP for Peter Pan! We stopped in Gaston's Tavern briefly and the chair was open so I couldn't resist taking a quick pic in it ;)

Up next...We say goodbye to Magic Kingdom :(

I loved all of the magic shots. That snowflake one is new, I haven't seen it before.

As soon as you said you were in the front row on Pirates, I knew what was coming! I've gotten soaked the last few times I've sat in the front. Did you notice if they were filling the last row of the boats? They weren't when I was there last time and I figured that was an attempt to lighten the boats. Hopefully they will fix the problem during the rehab this summer.

Of course when you are already wet the most logical thing is to ride SPLASH and get even wetter!

Sounds like you were on a role with short lines!

Nice pictures of the Tangles area! Did you see they've been experimenting this week with Flynn Rider meeting in that area? Did you get to see that while you were there?

Awesome meet with the Fairy Godmother! She is one I haven't gotten around to meeting yet, I need to make sure to do that next time I'm there.

Oh, yummy BOG food! Those cupcakes look so yummy. I keep meaning to try the Grey Stuff one but I'm so obsessed with the chocolate I don't know if I ever will.

More good luck with wait times!

Cute picture in Gaston's chair!

I think the FGM has some of the best Friends among the characters - like anything some are going to be better than others but I have read so many great reports of meets with her

Glad you enjoyed your lunch - I really like some of those ornaments on the Beast's tree!

Dad wandered off at some point and snuck in another solo PP shot :rotfl2: These were pretty funny to catch when we got home.

These must have felt like such a special treat to discover. :goodvibes

Oh my, Fairy Godmother is so on my list of must meets. I never time it right, but I vow to correct that. This "friend" is one I've heard a tremendous amount of love for.

Looked like a fun M&G indeed. I laughed at your cupcake comment repeatedly, as DH and I share dessert when we dine out, but I've already told him 3x how I wont be sharing my Grey Stuff cupcake in August. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter