"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Wow! Those Christmas castle shots are absolutely stunning!!!

Thank you! The Christmas lights are such an amazing sight!

isn't it ironic (don't you think?) that you had a mini-meltdown while waiting to meet characters from Frozen? ;)

Glad the wait turned out even shorter in the end tough and you even got to go to the other side as well. While Snow White will hold a special place as the first princess my daughter was ever really into (and also Walt's first "little" princess) Repunsel is up there with my favorites to meet

It's nice to see a couple so confident in their relationship they are able to argue with each other ... and curse at each other ... in Disney World *sigh*

A post-closure Main St. really is nice :goodvibes

LOL 1) Love the Alanis reference 2)I guess some people really are worth melting (down) for?? ;)

I found it really bizarre when my dad relayed the story to us. Not something you'd expect at Disney!

I agree, love Main Street at that time of night!

Love that RED Castle shot (they are all great). I'm so glad that Mom was right and that the two of you got to meet Anna and Elsa and that you got to meet Rapunzel (a favorite of ours too) and Cinderella. How funny about your Dad hearing this lovely exchange. :eek:

Thanks! Yes it turned out to be a great and productive time! And I guess the magic of being in Disney is just lost on some people!

I know exactly what you are talking about with the mini meltdown. Even though it wasn't line related, I had a pretty good one at Sea World that you'll get to read about when I finally get to that part of my TR. It's so much worse when the line isn't moving at all. If it's moving, you at least feel like you are getting somewhere.

I am glad you stuck it out though and had a wonderful meet with the Frozen girls. And then the bonus of getting to meet Rapunzel and Cinderella.

Beautiful shots on the way out, I just love leaving after the park has closed and cleared out a bunch.

Glad to know I'm not alone with sometimes just getting frustrated! Anticipate hearing about your story!

I'm glad we stuck it out too, it ended up being a great time.

Thanks, it really is a great time to be on Main Street!

The Anna/Elsa story got me to thinking. I think characters are the toughest decision of whether to wait or not wait, certainly for me. They're the most unpredictable in regards to the actual "event". Like you know when you ride Haunted Mansion what to expect. But characters can go either way. Maybe fantastic and worth the wait, maybe horrible and not worth it.
Still, glad you did the wait since they are so crazy popular, although I am still a little bitter about the whole Frozen castle takeover. At least Elsa was grateful, lol.

Aww you and Punzie look adorable in your selfie.

Too bad your Dad didn't order something. Could have been dinner and a show.

You're completely right! You never know what experience you'll have with characters, unlike a ride.

The Punzie selfie is definitely one of my faves of the trip :)

Hahaha it might've given the Hoop Dee Doo a run for its money! Just kidding ;)

How awesome! Only 30 minutes for A&E PLUS you got into the other side of PFH before park closing. :thumbsup2 The selfies are adorable. And I had to laugh at your dad getting an interesting show while he waited. At least it wasn't boring!

We were very lucky, it was a great way to end the night! Haha exactly, at least he was kept busy!!

Not sure what happened, I wasn't getting notified when you updated. I have some catching up to do.

Hooray for another Disney trip! So exciting to be able to go with your cousin.

Awe Santa Goofy, so adorable!

Yay a magic shot with Mike, awesome!

Wow, incredible set of characters at characterpalooza!

Cute drawing of Jiminy!

OMG Baymax! He's so awesome! Hope he is there for us to meet him in September!

An Olaf magic shot! So cool!!!!

The Osborne lights just look spectacular!

Congrats on getting all your Fastpasses!

Amazing Fantasmic photos! You did have great seats!

Awe, Tink selfie <3

Love Marie! I like the one with her paws up and your hands up, so sweet.

Gosh, your on a roll with Mary. How neat that you got Mary with the pengunis too!

Really love your Ariel shirt!

I agree how could anyone say no to a MAKE A WISH family. Very kind of you to let them go first.

How awesome that Aurora was willing to spend so much time and record a message for your cousin.

Glad you decided to wait for Ariel, the picture turned out really well.

You are getting some beautiful photos, love them! The second riverboat picture is perfection!

I am adding a list of rides to try at night, that sounds like such a fun idea!

Amazing castle photos and a great one of Tink flying!

You were able to see all the princess before closing, that is incredible! Awesome photos!

All caught up now :)

More beautiful shots and great character pictures.
I agree with what has been said- characters are the hardest to wait for in my opinion too. It is harder to gauge how long you are going to wait and if it will be worth it. etc.

And your poor Dad having to listen to that couple. So sad.

Not sure what happened, I wasn't getting notified when you updated. I have some catching up to do.

Hooray for another Disney trip! So exciting to be able to go with your cousin.

Awe Santa Goofy, so adorable!

Yay a magic shot with Mike, awesome!

Wow, incredible set of characters at characterpalooza!

Cute drawing of Jiminy!

OMG Baymax! He's so awesome! Hope he is there for us to meet him in September!

An Olaf magic shot! So cool!!!!

The Osborne lights just look spectacular!

Congrats on getting all your Fastpasses!

Amazing Fantasmic photos! You did have great seats!

Awe, Tink selfie <3

Love Marie! I like the one with her paws up and your hands up, so sweet.

Gosh, your on a roll with Mary. How neat that you got Mary with the pengunis too!

Really love your Ariel shirt!

I agree how could anyone say no to a MAKE A WISH family. Very kind of you to let them go first.

How awesome that Aurora was willing to spend so much time and record a message for your cousin.

Glad you decided to wait for Ariel, the picture turned out really well.

You are getting some beautiful photos, love them! The second riverboat picture is perfection!

I am adding a list of rides to try at night, that sounds like such a fun idea!

Amazing castle photos and a great one of Tink flying!

You were able to see all the princess before closing, that is incredible! Awesome photos!

All caught up now :)

Glad you're all caught up! And thanks for all the comments :) I hope Baymax is still around for you guys, he seems fun to meet. And you definitely should make a list of rides to do at night, it was really fun to experience that!

More beautiful shots and great character pictures.
I agree with what has been said- characters are the hardest to wait for in my opinion too. It is harder to gauge how long you are going to wait and if it will be worth it. etc.

And your poor Dad having to listen to that couple. So sad.

Thank you! And while we laughed at Dad's encounter it is really sad that they thought it was appropriate to act like that, especially in Disney!

Just a quick Non-TR update to say that I'll be back in Disney in almost 3 weeks! Time really is flying!

Our last movie night had us watching Finding Nemo (ANOTHER one my cousin had never seen!) and The Little Mermaid.

We also made these shirts to wear on our first day. We're pretty happy with how they came out!

And for those wondering, "Sugie" is a nickname we refer to each other as often :goodvibes

And our magic bands arrived!

We're going to have one last movie night this coming weekend and this trip will be here before we know it! :)

That's great that you got to meet Anna and Elsa with such a short wait! We all have those mini-meltdowns. Mine was in the middle of HS when TSMM was closed during our FP+ and my whole plan was thrown off! But it all works out!

Cute shots with Rapunzel and Cinderella! I've heard great things about Rapunzel meets - she seems like so much fun!

I'm glad your dad had some entertainment during his wait! Is Disney (or any public area, really) the place for that? Crazy!

I love that you closed down MK - special moment for sure!

Wow, time really is flying by. SO many people with trips coming up so soon. Lucky.

Awww I fully approve of themed shirts. :thumbsup2

Very cute shirt! And yeah for Magic Bands!

Thanks! Getting MBs always make the trip feel that much closer!

That's great that you got to meet Anna and Elsa with such a short wait! We all have those mini-meltdowns. Mine was in the middle of HS when TSMM was closed during our FP+ and my whole plan was thrown off! But it all works out!

Cute shots with Rapunzel and Cinderella! I've heard great things about Rapunzel meets - she seems like so much fun!

I'm glad your dad had some entertainment during his wait! Is Disney (or any public area, really) the place for that? Crazy!

I love that you closed down MK - special moment for sure!

You're right, it all does work out!

Thanks! Rapunzel is definitely one of my faves to meet, she's always very bubbly!

Wow, time really is flying by. SO many people with trips coming up so soon. Lucky.

Awww I fully approve of themed shirts. :thumbsup2

As brutal as this winter was, it did seem to go by fast. Can't believe it's April already! And thank you! :)

Your photos are beautiful. Love everyone's Mickey shirts!

Thanks so much! :)

Day 6 - All Star Exploring

Another sleep in morning for us! We had breakfast at the food court and then all came back and showered and got dressed. Dad decided to stay in the room and rest while Mom & I decided to explore our hotel and visit the other All Star resorts!

We first walked through all the buildings at our hotel.

Then we crossed over to Music. We checked out the gift shop and also looked at the pressed penny machines.

=

And then finally to Movies. We only visited the 101
Dalmatians and Fantasia sections here. It was pretty hot plus we had to get back to the room!

We got back to the room where Dad was still lazing in bed. He said he managed to doze off for a little which was good :) We got ourselves together and headed to the MK bus stop!

Up next....MVMCP time!

Hi again! I've been MIA since we had no Disney trip planned and lurking the boards bummed me out, but we're planning a trip for next year so I'm lurking around again! I had to see if you had a new TR and hey, you do! I have a lot of reading to catch up but I'm excited to see how your trip went. Just wanted to say hello!

Although I don't like staying in the values, I do think the themeing is out of this world. The one time we stayed at All Star Sports, the boys loved all the baseball, football and basketball stuff. Glad Dad got in a little nap. Can't wait to hear about MVMCP.

Fun morning exploring! I think the All Stars look fun. Did you have to share buses at all?

Can't wait to read about MVMCP!

I still haven't explored the All Stars. I can at least now say I have been there briefly, but not yet in the daytime. There is a chance I might stay though, so I'm keen to see your photos. I do like that they are essentially 3 resorts in 1.

Whoot!! MVMCP!!!

I've still only ever been to the Music when we used to stay there as kids, but back then I think they only had Sports which we weren't interested in exploring. They might have built Movies by the last time we went as a family. But I bet now staying at one of them it is really fun to go explore the others for an afternoon! Just from being at Music, I know there's a lot to explore at those resorts. Great way to spend the time while dad was snoozing.

Love your Minnie ears.

Never knew about the sword in the falls at Norway! I’ll have to look for that on our next trip. It’s amazing, every time I think I’ve uncovered all of WDW’s secrets, I read something new in a trip report!

How lucky that you got to meet Mary with Bert at Characterpalooza! I would die. And Aladdin and Genie! You got some great characters at Characterpalooza. Last time I went the only princess/main character was Pocahontas.

I loved reading about your relaxed MK day, as that’s the style we are going to have to adopt on our 2016 trip with the baby. It’s nice to see that it can be done!

Um, I NEED that Dumbo pillow pet. I swear, one of the best parts of having a kid is I have an excuse to buy this stuff now! (Mostly kidding. Alright, just kind of kidding.)

Your dad’s surprised face in the Lumiere photopass picture had me LOLing — he’s adorable!

Your next trip is coming right up! Enjoy, I can’t wait to read more when you get back!

Thanks for the tour of the All Stars! I've actually stayed in all three but never made it beyond the building I was staying at. I really should spend more time exploring but I like being in the parks too much.

Although I don't like staying in the values, I do think the themeing is out of this world. The one time we stayed at All Star Sports, the boys loved all the baseball, football and basketball stuff. Glad Dad got in a little nap. Can't wait to hear about MVMCP.

The themeing really is awesome and it's fun to see when you're walking to/from your room!

Fun morning exploring! I think the All Stars look fun. Did you have to share buses at all?

Can't wait to read about MVMCP!

The All Star resorts are pretty neat! I don't think we ever ended up sharing buses which was awesome!

I still haven't explored the All Stars. I can at least now say I have been there briefly, but not yet in the daytime. There is a chance I might stay though, so I'm keen to see your photos. I do like that they are essentially 3 resorts in 1.

Whoot!! MVMCP!!!

I really enjoyed staying at All Star Sports. While it's no Pop (;)), it's nice that the resort is a little more compact. And like you said, it's almost like a 3 in 1 since it's pretty easy to walk to the other resorts!

I've still only ever been to the Music when we used to stay there as kids, but back then I think they only had Sports which we weren't interested in exploring. They might have built Movies by the last time we went as a family. But I bet now staying at one of them it is really fun to go explore the others for an afternoon! Just from being at Music, I know there's a lot to explore at those resorts. Great way to spend the time while dad was snoozing.

For being Value resorts, there really is a lot to see at each of them! It was nice for mom and I to walk around and do something while my dad caught up on some relaxation time!

Hi again! I've been MIA since we had no Disney trip planned and lurking the boards bummed me out, but we're planning a trip for next year so I'm lurking around again! I had to see if you had a new TR and hey, you do! I have a lot of reading to catch up but I'm excited to see how your trip went. Just wanted to say hello!

Love your Minnie ears.

Never knew about the sword in the falls at Norway! I’ll have to look for that on our next trip. It’s amazing, every time I think I’ve uncovered all of WDW’s secrets, I read something new in a trip report!

How lucky that you got to meet Mary with Bert at Characterpalooza! I would die. And Aladdin and Genie! You got some great characters at Characterpalooza. Last time I went the only princess/main character was Pocahontas.

I loved reading about your relaxed MK day, as that’s the style we are going to have to adopt on our 2016 trip with the baby. It’s nice to see that it can be done!

Um, I NEED that Dumbo pillow pet. I swear, one of the best parts of having a kid is I have an excuse to buy this stuff now! (Mostly kidding. Alright, just kind of kidding.)

Your dad’s surprised face in the Lumiere photopass picture had me LOLing — he’s adorable!

Your next trip is coming right up! Enjoy, I can’t wait to read more when you get back!

HI!!! :wave: I'm so glad you've found me again and that you're back on here. Congrats on the baby!! How exciting that you are planning a trip with the little one, that should be fun!

The sword in Norway was such an unexpected find, so cool!

There is no doubt that we got really lucky with our Characterpalooza set- pixie dust!

I'm sure it will be a completely different trip with a baby but totally doable!

Ah yes it's coming up so soon. I will definitely do a TR for that one as well! :)

Thanks for the tour of the All Stars! I've actually stayed in all three but never made it beyond the building I was staying at. I really should spend more time exploring but I like being in the parks too much.

The All Stars are pretty big! I can definitely understand how you could stay there and not even see your whole resort. I know what you mean about wanting to be in the parks! I'm glad we had the morning off as an excuse to look around :)

I love resort photos so much! For a newbie like me, it's nice to be able to get a view. These resorts have such great themeing, my kids would be in Heaven looking at all the character statues. YAY MVMCP, can't wait to hear about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter