"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

What a fun meet with the FG! She looks so sweet!

It sounds like a great lunch at BOG. And the tree is so pretty!

Under the Sea is my favorite ride at MK so I love those pictures! And great shot of you at Gaston's!

I loved all of the magic shots. That snowflake one is new, I haven't seen it before.

As soon as you said you were in the front row on Pirates, I knew what was coming! I've gotten soaked the last few times I've sat in the front. Did you notice if they were filling the last row of the boats? They weren't when I was there last time and I figured that was an attempt to lighten the boats. Hopefully they will fix the problem during the rehab this summer.

Of course when you are already wet the most logical thing is to ride SPLASH and get even wetter!

Sounds like you were on a role with short lines!

Nice pictures of the Tangles area! Did you see they've been experimenting this week with Flynn Rider meeting in that area? Did you get to see that while you were there?

Awesome meet with the Fairy Godmother! She is one I haven't gotten around to meeting yet, I need to make sure to do that next time I'm there.

Oh, yummy BOG food! Those cupcakes look so yummy. I keep meaning to try the Grey Stuff one but I'm so obsessed with the chocolate I don't know if I ever will.

More good luck with wait times!

Cute picture in Gaston's chair!

Thanks! I had never seen the snowflake one before either!

I don't believe they were filling in the last row, but I guess that didn't help. I agree, hopefully the refurb helps.

OMG NO I didn't see Flynn there! I would've loved that! We did catch a PP photographer there though, maybe that was why!

That's how I feel about the grey stuff cupcake, I don't think I can get anything else!

I think the FGM has some of the best Friends among the characters - like anything some are going to be better than others but I have read so many great reports of meets with her

Glad you enjoyed your lunch - I really like some of those ornaments on the Beast's tree!

She was a great meet! And those ornaments were so pretty, I really wish they would sell those!

These must have felt like such a special treat to discover. :goodvibes

Oh my, Fairy Godmother is so on my list of must meets. I never time it right, but I vow to correct that. This "friend" is one I've heard a tremendous amount of love for.

Definitely a funny thing to come across when we got home! :) Definitely had FG to your to-do list, she's such a great character to meet.

Aww seems like fun! FG seems like such a sweetie!

I bet the grey stuff is delicious :)

FG was so great!! And the grey stuff IS delicious ;)

Looked like a fun M&G indeed. I laughed at your cupcake comment repeatedly, as DH and I share dessert when we dine out, but I've already told him 3x how I wont be sharing my Grey Stuff cupcake in August. Lol

Haha I do not blame you for not wanting to share the grey stuff! It is too delicious!!

What a fun meet with the FG! She looks so sweet!

It sounds like a great lunch at BOG. And the tree is so pretty!

Under the Sea is my favorite ride at MK so I love those pictures! And great shot of you at Gaston's!

It was a great meet, she was so lovely!

The Christmas tree was gorgeous, I just loved those ornaments!

Thanks! Under the Sea is def one of my favorites too :)

Day 7 - Our final evening in MK

We then headed to Tomorrowland and crossed Carousel of Progress, PeopleMover and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor off the list! This was Mom & Dad's first time doing the Laugh Floor and Dad ended up being called on! I wish I could've gotten a picture but the guy with the microphone was directly in front of me and blocked my view. It was pretty funny though! We also used our FP for Space Mountain around this time.

After that we headed back towards Adventureland.

We decided to stop and get some dole whips because it was our last day and we STILL hadn't had any!!

We then had a FP for Pirates. It was originally for Jungle Cruise but since we had scored that extra FP for it on our first MK day, we decided to change it to Pirates. We didn't fully get to enjoy it the first time so I was glad to have the opportunity to do it again. We ALMOST got seated in the front row again! When I saw that about to happen I kindly asked the CM if we could wait for a row in the back.

Happy to say we did not get wet this time! And this ended up being our last ride at MK :( It was getting close to 6pm so we headed towards the castle and decided to try and see the Castle Lighting again. We went with a different approach, and grabbed a spot off to the left side of the castle.

We were able to see the characters this time which was an upgrade!

After that it was time to head out. Almost like deja vu of our first MK night, it was a party night but we were heading to the monorail for a dinner ADR! We did stop and take this last picture, which I think came out really nice!

Goodbye, Magic Kingdom!

Up next...We head to the Contemporary!

Too funny that your dad got picked for Monsters Inc! My brother was Randell when we went last year.

Even though it was sad that Pirates was your last ride, that's a pretty good one to end with!

Oh, if I remember correctly, you were headed to Chef Mickey's! Can't wait to read about that dinner.

COP is one of my favorites. It's so cheesy but it's a must do for us!

Great shot of all 3 of you on Space Mountain! And you have so many great family pictures in front of the castle!

I'm glad that you stayed dry on Pirates this time!

That looks like a great place to watch the castle lighting. I'll have to remember that for my trip!

I'm back and slowly making the rounds to catch up so I can start my TR.

What AWESOME Photopass pictures! Love the one with Olaf especially.

The Beast's castle looks so pretty all done up for Christmas...love it.

Great picture of you and your dad.

Aww Alexis, just the chapter title alone makes me sad. :(

Hmmm, I'll have to check but I don't think I've ever had a Space Mountain photo running right to left. That really caught me off guard. Usually the FP is the other side. Interesting.

Haha, how bizarre is it to ask to not be in the front row of Pirates because you don't want to get soaked? :rotfl2:

Wow, that spot for the Castle lighting actually looked pretty good. :thumbsup2

Too funny that your dad got picked for Monsters Inc! My brother was Randell when we went last year.

Even though it was sad that Pirates was your last ride, that's a pretty good one to end with!

Oh, if I remember correctly, you were headed to Chef Mickey's! Can't wait to read about that dinner.

That's so funny! I'm glad it wasn't me, I'd probably get nervous!

It was a good ride to end with, a classic.

You do remember correctly :)

COP is one of my favorites. It's so cheesy but it's a must do for us!

Great shot of all 3 of you on Space Mountain! And you have so many great family pictures in front of the castle!

I'm glad that you stayed dry on Pirates this time!

That looks like a great place to watch the castle lighting. I'll have to remember that for my trip!

COP is one of the rides I vividly remember from when I was little and it's also one of my favorites, such a classic!

Thanks! I really love photopass for allowing us to get so many nice family pictures!

YES, learned my lesson the second time around.

It was a decent spot, and better than dealing with the masses directly in front of the castle.

I'm back and slowly making the rounds to catch up so I can start my TR.

What AWESOME Photopass pictures! Love the one with Olaf especially.

The Beast's castle looks so pretty all done up for Christmas...love it.

Great picture of you and your dad.

Thank you!

Beast's Castle was so festive, something you probably wouldn't expect!

Aww Alexis, just the chapter title alone makes me sad. :(

Hmmm, I'll have to check but I don't think I've ever had a Space Mountain photo running right to left. That really caught me off guard. Usually the FP is the other side. Interesting.

Haha, how bizarre is it to ask to not be in the front row of Pirates because you don't want to get soaked? :rotfl2:

Wow, that spot for the Castle lighting actually looked pretty good. :thumbsup2

Final moments in MK are always the saddest :(

Hmm I think you're right! I'm not sure what happened there? I can never get the SM photo right anyway, I never know where to look haha

It was bizarre, and I don't think the CM was thrilled with my request, but I wasn't taking that risk again!

It was a pretty good spot, especially for being so close to show time.

Awww so sad :(

I'm glad you were able to get a seat where you didn't get soaked!

Last nights are always so sad! But yes, staying dry on Pirates was a plus :)

So many good photopass pictures! I love seeing that BOG tree and ornaments!
The pictures of Elsa and the castle are pretty awesome too.

Day 7 - Chef Mickey's

We got to the Contemporary and it was a lot different than I expected. I think I thought it was going to be really hard to navigate and find things but it wasn't at all!

One of the first things we saw was the Frozen Gingerbread Display!

We looked around some of the gift shops before checking in for our 7:45 ADR at Chef Mickey's!

We first got our picture :)

And then spent some time taking a few others pics.

At 7:50 our buzzer went off- 5 minutes after our ADR time, not bad at all!

The first character to come around was the Chef himself, Mickey!

Then Minnie!

Continued in next post..

Day 7 - Chef Mickey's Continued

Then Donald!

Mom's Fave- Pluto!

Then the napkin waving ceremony happened..too cute!

And last but not least, Goofy stopped by.

I didn't take any food pics, but I did get a pic of my dessert plate!

And our waiter took a group photo of us :)

Overall I will say this meal was just ok for all of us. The food was fine but nothing special, which I did expect going into it. The character interaction was also just ok. It was definitely just a "get your autograph, get your pics and you're done" when it came to meeting each character. It was also our last night and we were pretty worn out, which could've also been a factor. I'm still really glad we did this one because it's always been on my bucket list and I liked meeting the characters in these outfits. But out of our 3 ADRs this was definitely our least favorite and there isn't a huge need to go back. Unlike Ohana and Crystal Palace where we would DEFINITELY eat there again!

After dinner we walked over to the observation deck to try and see the fireworks from here. It was SO cold and windy. On top of that, Dad was not feeling all that well. We stayed a few minutes but left pretty quickly. Here are some pics I stole from Mom:

We got on the monorail and then the bus back to Pop. It was a long day and we were all wiped! But it was sad that it was our last night sleeping in Disney :(

Up next...One last park morning

We got to the Contemporary and it was a lot different than I expected.

Was this you first time? I think the main things are much easier too find than many expect. Some of the more obscure things can be a challenge though.

17583815216_73e7278a18.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ooh Chef Mickey right from the jump. Clearly ya'll are VIP's.

I have heard similar stories of Chef Mickey's (never been myself). Good, but not great seems to be the general consensus.

That is too bad about your Dad not feeling well. At least you got to see a bit of the fireworks from there.

I've never been to Chef Mickey's for dinner just breakfast. I do want to try dinner sometime! Sorry it wasn't spectacular for you but it does seem like you had a nice time. Oh and I really want one of those Mickey Oreos right now!

Wow, so many magic shots, what a nice photopass photographer.

Sorry about getting so wet on Pirates, I was going to take note not to sit in the front row, but then remembered the ride will be down when we go. My DH got soaked on the one in DL and was not happy about it.

Awesome meet with FG! Cute pictures, really looked like a good time.

Can't wait for Dole Whips! Yum!

I agree, your last MK pic is perfection!

Chef Mickey's, we are also eating dinner there. Sorry to hear it was just okay, but that seems to be the consensus.

The pictures your mom got on the observatory deck are incredibly beautiful!

Great update. I love the picture (again) of you with your dad...so cute.

Great pictures with the characters (and the selfies) too.

The last time we did dinner there was back in 2004 (actually, it's the last time we ate there at all). We said we wouldn't go back for dinner, but I would love to get back for breakfast some time so we could see all five characters at once.

Sorry your dad wasn't feeling well.

Can't wait to read about your last morning at the park.

How cool that your dad was "That guy" on his first visit to the Laugh Factory! You'll have to get him a shirt ;)

Love how your mom is giving the "thumbs up" to the wrong side
:rotfl:

Looks like a good view for the Castle lighting!

It is crazy how quick trips go as it feels like almost no time passes between your first time entering a park and your last time leaving one

We've never done Chef Mickey's - though I kinda want to try it once ... just seems like other character meals are higher on the list and have heard mixed (at best) things about the food. Seemed like you got a lot of great pictures out of it though. Sorry your dad wasn't feeling great but at least you got a few Fireworks shots in :thumbsup2

I agree about Chef Mickey's. It is just not on my list of have to go to restaurants anymore. However, Abi really likes it so maybe we will try breakfast there next time and see what we think of that.
You guys got some really cute pictures there.
So sad for the last night. :(

Was this you first time? I think the main things are much easier too find than many expect. Some of the more obscure things can be a challenge though.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ooh Chef Mickey right from the jump. Clearly ya'll are VIP's.

I have heard similar stories of Chef Mickey's (never been myself). Good, but not great seems to be the general consensus.

That is too bad about your Dad not feeling well. At least you got to see a bit of the fireworks from there.

It was my first time there!

I love that pic of me and dad, so candid!

Haha yes you know Mickey had to greet us before everyone else ;)

Definitely. By no means bad, just not as good as other restaurant experiences.

It was nice to see the fireworks from there. When the weather is warmer I bet it's more enjoyable too!

I've never been to Chef Mickey's for dinner just breakfast. I do want to try dinner sometime! Sorry it wasn't spectacular for you but it does seem like you had a nice time. Oh and I really want one of those Mickey Oreos right now!

We definitely had a nice time, no doubt about it. It's a nice way to meet the fab 5, but I definitely agree with what a lot of people say- to not expect a spectacular meal. I would definitely say to give it a try yourself!

Wow, so many magic shots, what a nice photopass photographer.

Sorry about getting so wet on Pirates, I was going to take note not to sit in the front row, but then remembered the ride will be down when we go. My DH got soaked on the one in DL and was not happy about it.

Awesome meet with FG! Cute pictures, really looked like a good time.

Can't wait for Dole Whips! Yum!

I agree, your last MK pic is perfection!

Chef Mickey's, we are also eating dinner there. Sorry to hear it was just okay, but that seems to be the consensus.

The pictures your mom got on the observatory deck are incredibly beautiful!

We did get a lot of great magic shots!

Oh man, I didn't realize it happened at DL Pirates as well.

Dole Whips are so yum!! One of those snacks I didn't even think I'd end up loving!

I think you will enjoy Chef Mickey's as the kids will have so much fun with the characters!

My mom is quite a good photographer, she definitely got some nice shots there!

Great update. I love the picture (again) of you with your dad...so cute.

Great pictures with the characters (and the selfies) too.

The last time we did dinner there was back in 2004 (actually, it's the last time we ate there at all). We said we wouldn't go back for dinner, but I would love to get back for breakfast some time so we could see all five characters at once.

Sorry your dad wasn't feeling well.

Can't wait to read about your last morning at the park.

Thank you! Mom is good at capturing those moments :)

I bet breakfast is better than dinner. I think it's pretty hard to mess up breakfast food as opposed to dinner.

How cool that your dad was "That guy" on his first visit to the Laugh Factory! You'll have to get him a shirt ;)

Love how your mom is giving the "thumbs up" to the wrong side
:rotfl:

Looks like a good view for the Castle lighting!

It is crazy how quick trips go as it feels like almost no time passes between your first time entering a park and your last time leaving one

We've never done Chef Mickey's - though I kinda want to try it once ... just seems like other character meals are higher on the list and have heard mixed (at best) things about the food. Seemed like you got a lot of great pictures out of it though. Sorry your dad wasn't feeling great but at least you got a few Fireworks shots in :thumbsup2

Haha as a group we are terrible at figuring out the SM ride photo!!

It was a good view of the lighting, especially since we grabbed it so last minute.

I've always wanted to try Chef Mickey's, so I'm glad we did it. And I do think it's one of those meals you have to try once. But there are definitely other restaurants that I would say are a higher priority! And it was nice to catch a little bit of the fireworks :)

I agree about Chef Mickey's. It is just not on my list of have to go to restaurants anymore. However, Abi really likes it so maybe we will try breakfast there next time and see what we think of that.
You guys got some really cute pictures there.
So sad for the last night. :(

I feel like breakfast might be better than dinner! We did get some cute pictures from the meal though, which is really what it's all about, right? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter