• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Love all the Chef Mickey's pictures - especially the selfies!

I agree 100% about the food and experience. Nothing bad, just nothing really special. I think we may trip it for breakfast one trip and see if we enjoy that more!

I'm sorry your dad wasn't feeling well and that everyone was just wiped out. It's hard when you reach that point in your trip.

Excited to read about your last day!

Love all the Chef Mickey's pictures - especially the selfies!

I agree 100% about the food and experience. Nothing bad, just nothing really special. I think we may trip it for breakfast one trip and see if we enjoy that more!

I'm sorry your dad wasn't feeling well and that everyone was just wiped out. It's hard when you reach that point in your trip.

Excited to read about your last day!

Thank you! :)

I'm glad it seems I'm not the only one with the same opinion about Chef Mickey's! I do think breakfast may be a better choice!

The end of the trip can be tough. Besides the fact that you know you're leaving, you're just drained from doing so much and basically running on empty!

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

We were up our usual time for our last day in Disney :( We checked our bags, put our carry ons in storage, and caught the bus to Animal Kingdom! I was feeling pretty under the weather today. My mom was sick earlier in the week, so I think I may have caught something from her, on top of being pretty chilly and damp the majority of the prior day. But I took some medicine and was ready to soldier on!

We got to the park right in time for rope drop. Of course there were some PP pics first! We were all wearing our new MVMCP shirts :)

We were let in right around 9 and headed to Africa. We stopped and took these pics at some point along the way.

We arrived at Kiliminjaro Safaris where the wait was only 10 mins. We had a FP for it but it didn't start until 9:25, so we decided to just get in the standby line. It was a pretty average safari, nothing out of the ordinary! Dad and I sure look happy to be on our 2 week safari!

We were off around 9:40 and then decided to do the Pangani Forest Trail, which we skipped on our last trip.

We really liked this trail! My favorites were definitely the meerkats, so cute!

Up next...We stroll through Asia and try something new!

Sorry you were feeling yucky but at least it was on the last day and not the whole trip.

It made me chuckle when you said that it was just an average ordinary safari. It kind of shows how often we go to Disney that the safari can start being average. :rotfl:

I loved the pictures of the meerkats, I could watch them all day!

I'm so sorry you caught whatever mom had earlier in the week and weren't feeling 100%; but glad taking some meds that you soldiered on.

Love your shirts and your photopass pictures.

What great pictures on the safari. I don't think I have EVER seen a hippo out of the water. And beautiful shot of my giraffes.

We enjoy that trail too; and you are right...the Meerkats are so cute.

Aw I'm sorry you weren't feeling so good! I hope you felt better after the medicine.

Aww those pictures are too cute!

Safari!! So exciting!

It's funny because I see more and more people heading to AK on departure day.

I do really enjoy Pangani. I love watching he gorillas and especially the meerkats.

Cute PP pictures - love the MVMCP shirts!

I'm sorry you were sick - not a fun way to end your trip!

Fun safari pictures! And we really liked exploring the Pangani Trail!

Sorry you were feeling yucky but at least it was on the last day and not the whole trip.

It made me chuckle when you said that it was just an average ordinary safari. It kind of shows how often we go to Disney that the safari can start being average. :rotfl:

I loved the pictures of the meerkats, I could watch them all day!

Yes, definitely glad it happened at the end of the trip at least!

HAHA you're right! Of course every safari is great, but some are just better than others!

Thank you, me too!

I'm so sorry you caught whatever mom had earlier in the week and weren't feeling 100%; but glad taking some meds that you soldiered on.

Love your shirts and your photopass pictures.

What great pictures on the safari. I don't think I have EVER seen a hippo out of the water. And beautiful shot of my giraffes.

We enjoy that trail too; and you are right...the Meerkats are so cute.

Couldn't let it ruin the last day in Disney!

Thank you!

This was our first time doing Pangani and I definitely think it will be a must-do for future Disney trips, so cool!

Aw I'm sorry you weren't feeling so good! I hope you felt better after the medicine.

Aww those pictures are too cute!

Safari!! So exciting!

Being sick stinks, but at least Disney is a good distraction from it ;)

Thank you!

It's funny because I see more and more people heading to AK on departure day.

I do really enjoy Pangani. I love watching he gorillas and especially the meerkats.

One day AK won't be my departure day park, I swear! haha Unfortunately I did keep up that trip on my recent trip :sad2:

The Pangani trail is awesome, lots of cool animal to see!

Cute PP pictures - love the MVMCP shirts!

I'm sorry you were sick - not a fun way to end your trip!

Fun safari pictures! And we really liked exploring the Pangani Trail!

Thank you!

No definitely not fun, but I wouldn't let it ruin the day!

Thanks, and I agree the Pangani Trail is really fun!

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom Continued

After the Pangani Trail, we headed towards Asia where we saw King Louie and Baloo out meeting! The line was pretty short so we decided to go ahead and wait. They were fun!

We also caught a nice view of the tree of life while waiting in line!

We then passed by Expedition Everest. The wait was only 20 minutes but we had a FP for it later so decided to continue on for now. We did stop for some PP pics though!

Instead we decided to catch the 11am showing of Finding Nemo- something new for all of us! We got to the theater around 10:45 and were able to get pretty good seats! I really liked this show a lot more than I expected! Mom also felt the same way and we were both glad we decided to see it. Dad has never seen Finding Nemo but I think he enjoyed it. If anything at least for the chance to relax in some AC ;)

After that we headed back towards Expedition Everest to use our FP. Dad opted to skip this one, and though Mom didn't love it last time, she wanted to give it another chance.

The verdict? Mom loved it this time! She was actually disappointed she wasn't going to have a chance to ride it again! I went ahead and used Dad's MB to ride it a second time.

After that it was time to grab some lunch. There was no question where we would be heading- Yak & Yeti's QS counter! We loved the food here so much last time and I'm happy to say it was just as good this time as well!

Up next...We split up!

Cute pictures with Baloo and King Louie. I love that they do those photopass pictures in front of EE (even though I won't go on it). I'm glad Mom liked it the second time around.

I'm so happy you got to see Finding Nemo. It's not something we have to do every year, but we really enjoy that show...the colors are spectacular.

We've never done Yak & Yeti CS; we do eat the sti down often (I'll be eating there in July and October).

You split up after lunch? Hmmm...wonder who goes where.

Aww YAY Jungle Book!! I do love meeting characters when they're in groups of 2 or more. Not only for the interactions with you, but the interactions with each other.

We then passed by Expedition Everest. The wait was only 20 minutes but we had a FP for it later so decided to continue on for now.

I'll just pretend I didn't read that. :snooty:

Instead we decided to catch the 11am showing of Finding Nemo- something new for all of us!

Oh ok, I'll give you that. But only because you hadn't done it before.

17423308928_6bf69453c3.jpg

That's what I'm talking about!!! Great picture.

I love the view of the tree from King Louie and Balo's line! And very cute pictures with them.

Love the PP picture with Sven photobombing you.

I went to see Finding Nemo for the first time in about 5 years on my last trip. I really enjoyed it and couldn't figure out why I hadn't gone back before then.

Yay for two rides on EE! Next time, send Mom to the single rider line. It's almost always very short.

Really cute t-shirts! And as usual great photopass photos. I like the one of you giving thumbs up. I always thought I would do funny things for pictures and then I would get on a ride and completely forget.

Cute pictures with Baloo and King Louie. I love that they do those photopass pictures in front of EE (even though I won't go on it). I'm glad Mom liked it the second time around.

I'm so happy you got to see Finding Nemo. It's not something we have to do every year, but we really enjoy that show...the colors are spectacular.

We've never done Yak & Yeti CS; we do eat the sti down often (I'll be eating there in July and October).

You split up after lunch? Hmmm...wonder who goes where.

EE is such a spectacular background for pics!

Finding Nemo was so bright and colorful, very fun to watch!

Hmm maybe one day we will have to try the Yak & Yeti TS!

Aww YAY Jungle Book!! I do love meeting characters when they're in groups of 2 or more. Not only for the interactions with you, but the interactions with each other.

I'll just pretend I didn't read that. :snooty:

Oh ok, I'll give you that. But only because you hadn't done it before.

That's what I'm talking about!!! Great picture.

I agree, it's always fun with multiple characters!

Haha I knowww, but I promise I make up for it later ;) And with some more fun photos too!

I love the view of the tree from King Louie and Balo's line! And very cute pictures with them.

Love the PP picture with Sven photobombing you.

I went to see Finding Nemo for the first time in about 5 years on my last trip. I really enjoyed it and couldn't figure out why I hadn't gone back before then.

Yay for two rides on EE! Next time, send Mom to the single rider line. It's almost always very short.

I definitely didn't mind waiting in line with such a nice view to look at!

The Sven PP picture was hysterical to see when we got home.

I'm really glad we gave Finding Nemo a try, such a nice show.

Really cute t-shirts! And as usual great photopass photos. I like the one of you giving thumbs up. I always thought I would do funny things for pictures and then I would get on a ride and completely forget.

Thanks! It was good going on EE back to back so I remembered with the photo was the second time around!

I love this picture!

Your mom's smile says it all.

Thank you! We really had a good ride together :)

I'm new here and this is one of the first trip reports I've read. Thank you for sharing! I was pointed here after searching "MVMCP Minnie wait time," but after I got that information, I stayed to read the whole thing!

I got a little behind, but I'm all caught up now!

The Chef Mickey selfies are SO cute! I agree with you totally on this meal. While it's cute to see the Fab 5 in their chef's outfits, the food was just okay (we did breakfast), and it was a little too chaotic so the character interaction was quick. Not worth that crazy price. Fun to do once though.

Love the MVMCP shirts, very cute.

We love the Pangani trail! We love the gorillas and the meerkats are a favorite of DH too. They are so cute! Really cute pics from the safari and the trail. So happy to see Baloo and Louie are still out and meeting together since the demise of Camp Minnie-Mickey! The pics with them came out so cute.

The EE ride photos are so great!

I love the shots you got of the Tree of Life!

Finding Nemo seems like a fun show!

Great EE pictures! Glad that your mom enjoyed the ride this time and that you got to ride twice!

I'm new here and this is one of the first trip reports I've read. Thank you for sharing! I was pointed here after searching "MVMCP Minnie wait time," but after I got that information, I stayed to read the whole thing!

That's such a compliment! Thank you for joining in and I'm glad you've enjoyed it! And welcome to the DIS! :goodvibes

I got a little behind, but I'm all caught up now!

The Chef Mickey selfies are SO cute! I agree with you totally on this meal. While it's cute to see the Fab 5 in their chef's outfits, the food was just okay (we did breakfast), and it was a little too chaotic so the character interaction was quick. Not worth that crazy price. Fun to do once though.

Love the MVMCP shirts, very cute.

We love the Pangani trail! We love the gorillas and the meerkats are a favorite of DH too. They are so cute! Really cute pics from the safari and the trail. So happy to see Baloo and Louie are still out and meeting together since the demise of Camp Minnie-Mickey! The pics with them came out so cute.

The EE ride photos are so great!

Definitely was a fun thing to try, but chaotic is a good word to describe it!

Thank you! We had a good AK morning! :)

I love the shots you got of the Tree of Life!

Finding Nemo seems like a fun show!

Great EE pictures! Glad that your mom enjoyed the ride this time and that you got to ride twice!

Thanks!

The Finding Nemo show is really cool, and if you like the movie/have a chance to go see it, I recommend it!

Thank you! I'm glad she enjoyed it too :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter