"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Meeting talking Mickey for the first time is so cool! It's just an awesome moment.

I do like taking a ride around on the railroad. It's not something I do every trip, but it's so nice to just relax and take a trip around the park.

Pfffft. Proving you're an adult is overrated. Hahaha!

I like that friend of Ariel! She was really cute with me and told me that it wasn't a we-sie we were taking, it was a shellfie.

Riding Big Thunder at night is so much better than riding it during the day!

I have a love hate relationship with Space Mountain too. Hate because every time I get out of it I feel like an old fart, and then kind of fall out of the car. Bahaha!

Love the night shots! The Dumbo shots in motion are cool!

I've heard BTMRR and 7DMT are great during Wishes as well. I'm not sure if I could give up a view of the entire thing but on a longer trip it would be really neat to try that!

I'm on the same page with Space Mountain. I'm all pumped to ride and then as soon as I sit down I start freaking out. I scream the entire time but still get back on!

Excited for Wishes pictures!

More beautiful night shots!

Did you guys notice the dance party that's going on in the Salon on BTMR? You can only see it at night.

I rode the Carousel for the first time in recent memory (I'm sure I rode it as a child but don't remember) on my December trip! It was a lot of fun.

Dumbo at night is so beautiful, I really enjoy riding it with all the lights on.

Glad your Mom enjoyed the Teacups. I've been afraid to ride them recently with my Motion Sickness issues.

Can't wait to see the Wishes pictures!

Thank you!

I didn't notice that! I will have to keep my eye out for it next time.

The carousel is a lot more fun than I realized..I guess it helps getting to see Fantasyland as you spin around :)

Ha ha that reminds me of growing up at Disneyland. I was terrified of Space Mountain and it was even closed for a few years because of an accident. I'm debating since only oldest DD likes roller coasters, we may not use a FP+ for that one and just see if we can get on it sometime if she wants to try it. Oh Dumbo at night looks way cooler than during the day!

I'm sure she will want to try it! Dumbo really is a different experience at night!

Fun! I will need to remember that- to ride 7 dwarves at night!
Cute pictures as usual.
I haven't seen the PP in front of space before either. Cool!

Mine Train at night is definitely different, and a lot of fun! I was so surprised to see that PP, something different!

Tangled Tinkle Spot, so pretty.

Oooh I love those Riverboat shots all lit up but the sky still has a hint of daylight. I love that time of day.

Is this the first time you rode BTMRR at night? It is an absolutely different experience and so much better in my opinion. In fact, if I ride at all, it's usually at night. Unless a solo Jungle Cruise comes up of course. ;)

OK... I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you all went on the carousel. This is where it all started for Walt, families riding together, so this just makes me happy. :)

It was my first time at night! Definitely a different and cool experience! Haha but doesn't top a solo JC ;)

Thank you for that, Rob! It really was a fun and memorable experience and proof that it's for families of ALL ages :)

wow, those are really nice night pictures! And the Punzel Potties have to be the most photographed toilet area in the world!

BTMRR is so great at night! It really is like a different ride. I didn't get to ride 7DMT at night but figured it would have a similar effect (Sounds like it did, though maybe to not as great a degree).

Speaking of rides at night, just watching the new double Dumbo area at night with the water and changing color lights - love it!

Love spending time for the classics like the carousel and the tea cups. I am a big fan of Space Mountain but it is kinda creepy. Not sure if you have ever seen it with the lights on, but in some ways it is even scarier when you see how crammed in all the track and supports are!

Thank you! You're right, who knew we would all be so enthralled in taking pictures of a bathroom area haha

BTMRR did feel like a different ride! And Dumbo is definitely awesome at nighttime- the lights and water are just SO pretty.

I have seen videos of Space Mountain at night and it's SCARY! I always duck my head because I get so frightened!

Meeting talking Mickey for the first time is so cool! It's just an awesome moment.

I do like taking a ride around on the railroad. It's not something I do every trip, but it's so nice to just relax and take a trip around the park.

Pfffft. Proving you're an adult is overrated. Hahaha!

I like that friend of Ariel! She was really cute with me and told me that it wasn't a we-sie we were taking, it was a shellfie.

Riding Big Thunder at night is so much better than riding it during the day!

I have a love hate relationship with Space Mountain too. Hate because every time I get out of it I feel like an old fart, and then kind of fall out of the car. Bahaha!

It was awesome to meet Talking Mickey after seeing so many videos of him!

I agree, the Railroad isn't an every trip must-do, but it's nice if you can squeeze it in!

Ah I must've caught Ariel on an off day then!

HAHAH Space Mountain definitely jostles you around to the point that you get off feeling and sounding like a grandma!

Love the night shots! The Dumbo shots in motion are cool!

I've heard BTMRR and 7DMT are great during Wishes as well. I'm not sure if I could give up a view of the entire thing but on a longer trip it would be really neat to try that!

I'm on the same page with Space Mountain. I'm all pumped to ride and then as soon as I sit down I start freaking out. I scream the entire time but still get back on!

Excited for Wishes pictures!

Thank you so much!

I've heard that as well! I've always wanted to ride Dumbo during Wishes, but just like you said, I don't want to give up seeing the entire thing. One day maybe!

I'm definitely a screamer on Space Mountain too! :rotfl2:

Day 5 - Celebrate the Magic and Wishes!

It was about 8:30 when we got off Space Mountain, so we headed to the Hub to see Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. We got a nice spot on the right side of the castle.

First up..Celebrate the Magic! I loved the Christmas additions at the end!

Then it was time for Wishes! Being on this side gave us a great view of Tink.

And these last 2 from Mom's camera.

As always, it was the most wonderful thing ever! pixiedust: I love Wishes so much!

Up next..We stil have 45 minutes before MK closes!

Oh my goodness WISHES!! Can you believe I never saw it from Main Street in January even one time? But don't worry, I still saw it mulitple times. :confused3

Oh wow, Tink came out pretty good. Well done!

As much as I love Wishes, seeing it at Christmas when the castle changes back to ice is just the absolute ultimate. :lovestruc

yeah, I'd say you got a good look at Tink!

really, really nice pictures. I still contend that Illuminations is the "best" night time show, but nothing can match the *feels* of Wishes, especially on Main St., looking at the Castle, etc. I don't think it would ever get old for me

Wow, you got an awesome picture of Tink!

Thanks for the CTM and Wishes photos, that was just what I needed this morning and they were all beautiful.

Oh my goodness WISHES!! Can you believe I never saw it from Main Street in January even one time? But don't worry, I still saw it mulitple times. :confused3

Oh wow, Tink came out pretty good. Well done!

As much as I love Wishes, seeing it at Christmas when the castle changes back to ice is just the absolute ultimate. :lovestruc

It's not always a bad thing to see it from different areas!

Thanks, I was happy I was able to get a shot of her!

I SO agree, the dream lights just add this extra touch! So beautiful!

yeah, I'd say you got a good look at Tink!

really, really nice pictures. I still contend that Illuminations is the "best" night time show, but nothing can match the *feels* of Wishes, especially on Main St., looking at the Castle, etc. I don't think it would ever get old for me

Thanks! I was pretty happy with it myself :)

It's so true, Wishes brings all the "feels" and I don't think it will ever get old for me either!

I'm always in awe of the castle with dream lights!

You had a great spot. I love Celebrate the Magic - everything about is just perfect!

And of course, love the Wishes shots!

Excited to read about closing out the park!

The dream lights just make the castle so extra special!

Thank you so much! :)

Wow, you got an awesome picture of Tink!

Thanks for the CTM and Wishes photos, that was just what I needed this morning and they were all beautiful.

Thank you! I'm glad we decided to stand on that side of the castle!

Aww thanks so much, I'm glad they were able to brighten your day :hug:

Beautiful shots of Wishes! We had a pretty disappointing experience with fireworks in DL and it just made me miss & appreciate the amazingness of Wishes all that much more! What a great spot you had too to get such an AWESOME pic of Tink!

It's always such a great feeling to know you don't have to shuffle out with the masses after the fireworks and you still have some park time to enjoy. :)

Okay, after almost two weeks off the DIS, I'm getting a bit caught up.

We've not done the Talking Mickey yet...I'm kind of on the fence about it. I'm afraid it will take away some of the magic. :confused3

I've wanted to buy that Pillow Dumbo for my husband...Dumbo is his favorite...and he keeps telling me no. But I think that is what I will buy for him in May when I'm there...that way he can't say no because he wont' be there. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Big Thunder Mountain at night is the best...I just love it at night, and the Mine Ride is better at night too (although I like it during the day too).

Dumbo at night is simply beautiful.

What great castle show pictures and Wishes too.

Wow! Those pictures of the castle and wishes are amazing. So cool.

Thank you! :)

Beautiful shots of Wishes! We had a pretty disappointing experience with fireworks in DL and it just made me miss & appreciate the amazingness of Wishes all that much more! What a great spot you had too to get such an AWESOME pic of Tink!

It's always such a great feeling to know you don't have to shuffle out with the masses after the fireworks and you still have some park time to enjoy. :)

Thank you! I'm sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience in DL. I guess nothing can compare to Wishes after all!

YES, I loved knowing that our day wasn't quite over yet :)

Okay, after almost two weeks off the DIS, I'm getting a bit caught up.

We've not done the Talking Mickey yet...I'm kind of on the fence about it. I'm afraid it will take away some of the magic. :confused3

I've wanted to buy that Pillow Dumbo for my husband...Dumbo is his favorite...and he keeps telling me no. But I think that is what I will buy for him in May when I'm there...that way he can't say no because he wont' be there. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Big Thunder Mountain at night is the best...I just love it at night, and the Mine Ride is better at night too (although I like it during the day too).

Dumbo at night is simply beautiful.

What great castle show pictures and Wishes too.

Welcome back!

I say go for it and buy that pillow pet for DH!!

Big Thunder, Mine Train, and Dumbo are all so amazing at night. I think it's great when you can feel like you're on a different ride just because the time of day is different!

Thank you :)

Day 5 - We close Magic Kingdom!

The park was still open for another 40 minutes, so we headed back to Fantasyland to see the situaton at Princess Fairytale Hall, passing this gorgeous sight first.

The posted wait for Anna & Elsa was 45 minutes. Not bad by ANY means. I was hesitant to line up though. I always feel bad making my parents wait, and I knew my dad would sit outside and wait while my mom and I went in, which I felt bad about. Now don't misunderstand me, my dad has NO complaints waiting by himself, just as long as he has a seat to wait in! And my mom was actually the one who insisted we wait. So we parted ways and mom and I went inside. After about 10 minutes the line hadn't moved at all. There is where my mom says I had a mini "hissy fit" though I don't see it that way! I basically said that the line wasn't moving and it was probably going to take longer than 45 minutes! She said that this would be our only time to meet Anna and Elsa with this short of a wait and we should just do it! She later told me that she really wanted to meet them herself and was scared I was going to bail! LOL To this day, she continues to laugh and make fun of me for my Anna & Elsa "meltdown". Ah well we all have those moments right? RIGHT?? The line did start to move and we we only ended up waiting about 30 minutes! Ok Mom, you were right ;)

First up was Anna, who was super cute! I remember we talked about Olaf :)

Then it was Queen Elsa herself! I told her the castle looked beautiful and she said it was very kind of
Cinderella to let her borrow it.

When we were done, it was about 9:57 and the park was closing at 10! I wanted to see if I could run over to the other side and meet Rapunzel and Cinderella in time! Mom went back to meet up with Dad so it was just me! I raced over and YAY I made it! There was no one in line and only one group meeting the princesses ahead of me. First up was Rapunzel, who has made her way up as my favorite princess. She was SO perfect. Grabbed me right away for a hug and was just super chatty and bubbly. The photographer and attendant who had my camera both took some great interaction pics.

I then had to get a selfie and I made a joke about hoping it got our noses right
because if not Eugene would be upset ;)

Then I met Cinderella, who was very pleasant though I can't remember what we chatted about!

I was super excited that I was able to do both sides of PFH before closing! I met back up with my parents. Turns out Dad didn't have the boring wait we thought he would have! He said he walked over to
Pinocchio's to sit in there and wait. Apparently the only other people in there was a couple...and they were having a HUGE blowup fight, obscenities and all. He said eventually one of them walked out and he took that as his cue to leave as well. He ended up relocating to the new castle wall. Yikes!

The park was officially closed, so we walked through the castle and headed down Main Street. It's such a cool feeling walking out when the park is "closed". There's people around but it's not crowded. No one is rushing you. The PP photographers are still out.

We took some PP pics and then spent some time in the Emporium until about 11!

We headed to the buses and crashed once we got back to the hotel.

Up next...Another laid back morning!

isn't it ironic (don't you think?) that you had a mini-meltdown while waiting to meet characters from Frozen? ;)

Glad the wait turned out even shorter in the end tough and you even got to go to the other side as well. While Snow White will hold a special place as the first princess my daughter was ever really into (and also Walt's first "little" princess) Repunsel is up there with my favorites to meet

It's nice to see a couple so confident in their relationship they are able to argue with each other ... and curse at each other ... in Disney World *sigh*

A post-closure Main St. really is nice :goodvibes

Love that RED Castle shot (they are all great). I'm so glad that Mom was right and that the two of you got to meet Anna and Elsa and that you got to meet Rapunzel (a favorite of ours too) and Cinderella. How funny about your Dad hearing this lovely exchange. :eek:

I know exactly what you are talking about with the mini meltdown. Even though it wasn't line related, I had a pretty good one at Sea World that you'll get to read about when I finally get to that part of my TR. It's so much worse when the line isn't moving at all. If it's moving, you at least feel like you are getting somewhere.

I am glad you stuck it out though and had a wonderful meet with the Frozen girls. And then the bonus of getting to meet Rapunzel and Cinderella.

Beautiful shots on the way out, I just love leaving after the park has closed and cleared out a bunch.

The Anna/Elsa story got me to thinking. I think characters are the toughest decision of whether to wait or not wait, certainly for me. They're the most unpredictable in regards to the actual "event". Like you know when you ride Haunted Mansion what to expect. But characters can go either way. Maybe fantastic and worth the wait, maybe horrible and not worth it.
Still, glad you did the wait since they are so crazy popular, although I am still a little bitter about the whole Frozen castle takeover. At least Elsa was grateful, lol.

Aww you and Punzie look adorable in your selfie.

Too bad your Dad didn't order something. Could have been dinner and a show.

How awesome! Only 30 minutes for A&E PLUS you got into the other side of PFH before park closing. :thumbsup2 The selfies are adorable. And I had to laugh at your dad getting an interesting show while he waited. At least it wasn't boring!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter