• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Alexis, you are making me so depressed that I missed this parade in September. I may just insist on seeing it in May, July AND October to make up for it. And that picture of Mickey and Minnie that your mom got...priceless.

It really is such a great parade! You definitely need to try and squeeze it into your trips! And I loved that pic my mom got, true love!!

Alexis, I feel the same way and I am admittedly shocked my it. I'm loving FoF more every time I see it. I never thought a parade, let alone a daytime parade, would affect me like that.

Awww Ariel!!!

You got some nice character interaction going on there.

Honestly I can't believe that a parade has become must do for me, but it has. And that last pic of Mickey and Minnie... Precious!!

We did get some great character interaction! And that last pic was so priceless! I'm so glad Disney has added this parade, it truly is magical!

Beautiful, beautiful parade pictures! I love the two dragon shots with the fire and of course the Pluto one. I've never been a huge parade person but this one is now a must do for me.

Thank you so much!! I agree, it's a must do!

I've been reading along and had to finally chime in and tell you what AMAZING photos you have, overall, but especially these FOF ones. In my mind, these are the photos I am taking when I go to Disney. Unfortunately, they don't seem to come out this way. Great job!

Thanks so much for joining in and for the lovely compliment! :goodvibes

I got soooo behind, but I just spent some time catching up! I absolutely LOVE all of the character selfies. They look so fun! You had a really great group for Characterpalooza too. I'm a little jealous of Aladdin with Genie & Dopey! That's also great you were able to get into the second Fantasmic and that it was a better experience than before. I also totally don't blame you for falling in love with the O Lights. I feel sad for anyone who doesn't! They are so incredible!!

After getting to experience FoF, I am really looking forward to another long trip where we can see it more than once. It's just such an amazingly well done parade!

Welcome back! Thank you! Yes we did get REALLY lucky with our characterpalooza selection! The Lights are so fantastic, I would love to have a chance to see them again! And "well done" is such a perfect way to describe FoF!! It's so elaborate and colorful without being over the top of any sorts!

That parade is awesome!

Totally agree!!

Day 5 - From Main Street to Fantasyland!

Once the parade passed out, we scurried over to TST to meet Mickey. I figured the wait would still be low and probably would increase once the parade completely finished. I was right- it was 10 minutes when we got in and by the time we got out it was bumped up to 40!

It was our first time meeting Talking Mickey! We watched the group in front of us play a magic trick with him. Our interaction was short but was still amazing to see the technology first hand!

Once we were finished we decided to take a trip on the WDW Railroad! This was also closed during our last trip so I thought it would be nice for us to do. We took it over to the Fantasyland stop.

We walked through Storybook Circus and stopped in the gift shop briefly. I then demonstrated MORE of my self-control and proved that I am an adult despite what I feel inside and did NOT buy this beyond adorable Dumbo pillow pet. Though I may have carried him around the store a little bit...

We then went to see the wait time at Ariel's Grotto. 35 minutes- a little longer than I was hoping but I had my Little Mermaid shirt on today and I had to meet her! So mom and I waited while my dad found a seat. Well apparently he found a good use of his time and surprised us by taking this PP pic LOL

He's too much!

The wait definitely took the 35 minutes but alas we met her! Well I did, mom decided she was just along to keep me company. She wasn't the most bubbly Ariel. Honestly I've yet to find my perfect Ariel friend. Perhaps it's because I loved her so much as a child that I'm being picky! LOL But it was still a fun meet!

r

The sun was starting to go down and it was an awesome time for picture taking!

We still had some time before our first FP of the evening, so we decided to go on It's A Small World (Sorry Rob!).

Up next...Evening fun!

Mom and I got to play the card game with talking Mickey! It was so much fun.

I have actually been pretty good when it comes to the pillow pets because they are so hard to get home. When I bought my Pluto one, he took up half of my suitcase!

Cute pictures with Ariel. She does seem to be hit or miss depending on the day.

Beautiful sunset pictures, I love taking some at that time of the day.

Those are some great parade pictures (though I should start skipping through posts with FoF pictures as I just get more and more depressed that it wasrained out our trip).

I might be making this up or forcing the storyne but compared to past parade theseems to be an elevated level of joy in the performers faces - liky know it is an awesome parade and they are happy to be a part of it.

So cute!:

Glad you got to experience Talking Mickey - even if you didn't get to do a magic trick with him. Also glad you got on the WDW RailRoad! That is always a must do for us - between Walt's love of trains and then my dad was a big model railroader so to experience that with my son and see how happy he is on it kinda wraps a bunch of feelings up together :goodvibes

Sorry you haven't found the perfect Ariel yet. We had a pretty good one when we met her in her grotto the last trip and also had some good ones at some of the princess meals ... well, there are worst things in the world than a quest to go on as many meet & greets with Ariel until you find the best one ;)

Wonderful sunset/dusk pictures - really is a pretty time at the parks

Last edited:

I've only seen Talking Mickey the one time on Walt's birthday, and I really want to get back. His wait times have really gone up since he started talking (which does make me happy). Just wait until he starts referencing you by name. That's coming.

Haha, Well done Alexis on showing self control. The only thing that makes it easy for me is knowing I have such limited room for packing. Saves me a lot of grief.

Aww. Bummed your dad skipped out on the mermaid. I do find the wait time for the grotto to be one of the more accurate.

We still had some time before our first FP of the evening, so we decided to go on It's A Small World (Sorry Rob!).

Haha, better you than me!!!

What great FOF pictures! That shot of Mickey and Minnie at the end is just too cute!

I'm glad you had a good meet with TS Mickey - isn't it just so neat??

The WDW Railroad was closed during our trip and I was disappointed. Next trip for sure!

That Dumbo pillow pet looks perfect - I'm not sure I would have been able to pass that up!

Ariel is my favorite princess so I must meet her next trip. I've heard mixed reviews of Ariel - some are great but some seem to fall flat. You'll just have to try again next trip!!

Cute PP pictures!

I loved Talking Mickey so much! So glad you got to meet him. I had my doubts about whether it would be cool or not before we met him but I think it really is such fun.
Such cute pictures with Ariel. I hope you will eventually find the perfect one!
Dumbo pillow pet is so cute. Makes me want one too. :) That was definitely some restraint.

Mom and I got to play the card game with talking Mickey! It was so much fun.

I have actually been pretty good when it comes to the pillow pets because they are so hard to get home. When I bought my Pluto one, he took up half of my suitcase!

Cute pictures with Ariel. She does seem to be hit or miss depending on the day.

Beautiful sunset pictures, I love taking some at that time of the day.

The pillow pets are pretty large! Definitely would be a challenge to bring home.

Thanks! I have heard a lot of people have disappointing Ariel experiences so I'm glad I'm not alone.

Thank you, I definitely need to take advantage of that time of day more often.

Those are some great parade pictures (though I should start skipping through posts with FoF pictures as I just get more and more depressed that it wasrained out our trip).

I might be making this up or forcing the storyne but compared to past parade theseems to be an elevated level of joy in the performers faces - liky know it is an awesome parade and they are happy to be a part of it.

So cute!:

Glad you got to experience Talking Mickey - even if you didn't get to do a magic trick with him. Also glad you got on the WDW RailRoad! That is always a must do for us - between Walt's love of trains and then my dad was a big model railroader so to experience that with my son and see how happy he is on it kinda wraps a bunch of feelings up together :goodvibes

Sorry you haven't found the perfect Ariel yet. We had a pretty good one when we met her in her grotto the last trip and also had some good ones at some of the princess meals ... well, there are worst things in the world than a quest to go on as many meet & greets with Ariel until you find the best one ;)

Wonderful sunset/dusk pictures - really is a pretty time at the parks

Thank you! I really hope you do get to see FoF one day! I agree that all the performers are very into it and it's so great watching that enthusiasm in their faces!

Haha I have no problem with continuing to meet Ariel until I get my perfect one ;)

Thank you, I totally agree!

I've only seen Talking Mickey the one time on Walt's birthday, and I really want to get back. His wait times have really gone up since he started talking (which does make me happy). Just wait until he starts referencing you by name. That's coming.

Haha, Well done Alexis on showing self control. The only thing that makes it easy for me is knowing I have such limited room for packing. Saves me a lot of grief.

Aww. Bummed your dad skipped out on the mermaid. I do find the wait time for the grotto to be one of the more accurate.

Haha, better you than me!!!

I'm sure you will meet Talking Mickey again soon! I look forward to meeting him again on this upcoming trip!

I definitely don't know how I would've fit a pillow pet in my suitcase, I made the right call there!

Haha I will ride IASW in your place any day! ;)

What great FOF pictures! That shot of Mickey and Minnie at the end is just too cute!

I'm glad you had a good meet with TS Mickey - isn't it just so neat??

The WDW Railroad was closed during our trip and I was disappointed. Next trip for sure!

That Dumbo pillow pet looks perfect - I'm not sure I would have been able to pass that up!

Ariel is my favorite princess so I must meet her next trip. I've heard mixed reviews of Ariel - some are great but some seem to fall flat. You'll just have to try again next trip!!

Cute PP pictures!

Thanks!

Talking Mickey was SO cool, I look forward to meeting him again!

The Railroad is really fun because it's a nice way to relax but it's still a ride!

Ariel is one of my faves as well, and it's really neat to meet her in the grotto!

I loved Talking Mickey so much! So glad you got to meet him. I had my doubts about whether it would be cool or not before we met him but I think it really is such fun.
Such cute pictures with Ariel. I hope you will eventually find the perfect one!
Dumbo pillow pet is so cute. Makes me want one too. :) That was definitely some restraint.

Talking Mickey really is such fun, a really nice addition to the park I think!
Thanks! Maybe this upcoming trip will find me my perfect Ariel :)

DS just didn't know what to make of talking Mickey. lol I hope he will be more interactive with him next time. It's really cool how they were able to bring that technology to the meet & greets!

Sorry Ariel was not too exciting, but WOW, she is gorgeous! Might be the best looking Ariel I have seen so far!

Had to laugh at the shout out to Rob. lol Every time we ride Small World (which is usually many MANY times during a week long trip!) I think of his shirt!!

Lovin the detail so far. So totally subbing in. Where did you get your autograph cards?

Thank you so much! And thanks for joining in! I actually got them from right here on the boards! Check out this thread, there's a lot of fun stuff there: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160

DS just didn't know what to make of talking Mickey. lol I hope he will be more interactive with him next time. It's really cool how they were able to bring that technology to the meet & greets!

Sorry Ariel was not too exciting, but WOW, she is gorgeous! Might be the best looking Ariel I have seen so far!

Had to laugh at the shout out to Rob. lol Every time we ride Small World (which is usually many MANY times during a week long trip!) I think of his shirt!!

The technology is pretty awesome! I'm sure DS will enjoy it more next time!

She was a very gorgeous Ariel!!

Haha I can't help but think of him when it comes to IASW either! ;)

I haven't met Marie and plan to fix that on one of my visits this year! Love your outfit this day!

What a perfect Aurora! I love that the penguins were meeting with Mary! Pure Disney Magic!

Day 5 - Nighttime at MK!

After we got off IASW, I couldn't resist a few nighttime shots of the Tangled potties.

And a few nice shots of the Riverboat my mom got:

Then it was time to use our FP for Big Thunder Mountain! Omg riding this at night is a totally different experience- SO COOL! We all had a blast on this one!

We were getting a little hungry so we decided to grab some dinner at Peco's Bills! I think my parents split a burger and I got the pulled pork sandwich. I couldn't eat all of it so I'm pretty sure mom picked on some of it as well.

After that it was time to use our FP for SDMT! I was excited to ride it at night as people say it's a little better than during the day. I would have to agree! Despite my dopey face and my dad looking like he is in pain, I promise we all had a fun ride!

When we got off we decided to do something that Mom really wanted to try- the Carousel! We only had to wait one rotation before getting on. I'm glad we did this, it was fun!

After that we had our final FP for Dumbo. However, the wait was only 10 minutes so before we got on I changed it and got a FP for Space Mountain!

We got on Dumbo (I rode by myself and mom and dad rode together) and this was another ride that's so fun to be on at night! If anyone read by PTR, my intention with all our FP for this day was to ride rides that we wanted to experience at night. I have to say it was a good decision!

Let the Dumbo picture spam begin!

Once we got off, Mom asked if I wanted to go on the Tea Cups. I avoid this ride with my parents because 1)My dad can get motion sickness and 2) My mom said she wasn't crazy about the spinning. I told her we didn't have to but she said if we didn't go crazy with the spins that we could go on it..and it was a walk on so how could we say no?! We ended up having a good time and she was totally fine on it! At one point she even told me to go faster!

Then we headed over to use our Space Mountain FP! I have a love/hate relationship with this ride. In my head, I think that I love it. But once I'm on it, I am scared out of mind and think I am going to die :rotfl2: I don't think my parents like it very much either. My dad think it's ok, but my mom, especially this trip for some reason, was not a fan. But you can't not ride it, and we may even make our way back on one more time later in the trip ;) There was also a PP photographer out front which I've never seen, so that was cool.

Up next...Celebrate the Magic & Wishes!

More beautiful night shots!

Did you guys notice the dance party that's going on in the Salon on BTMR? You can only see it at night.

I rode the Carousel for the first time in recent memory (I'm sure I rode it as a child but don't remember) on my December trip! It was a lot of fun.

Dumbo at night is so beautiful, I really enjoy riding it with all the lights on.

Glad your Mom enjoyed the Teacups. I've been afraid to ride them recently with my Motion Sickness issues.

Can't wait to see the Wishes pictures!

Ha ha that reminds me of growing up at Disneyland. I was terrified of Space Mountain and it was even closed for a few years because of an accident. I'm debating since only oldest DD likes roller coasters, we may not use a FP+ for that one and just see if we can get on it sometime if she wants to try it. Oh Dumbo at night looks way cooler than during the day!

Fun! I will need to remember that- to ride 7 dwarves at night!
Cute pictures as usual.
I haven't seen the PP in front of space before either. Cool!

Tangled Tinkle Spot, so pretty.

Oooh I love those Riverboat shots all lit up but the sky still has a hint of daylight. I love that time of day.

Is this the first time you rode BTMRR at night? It is an absolutely different experience and so much better in my opinion. In fact, if I ride at all, it's usually at night. Unless a solo Jungle Cruise comes up of course. ;)

OK... I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you all went on the carousel. This is where it all started for Walt, families riding together, so this just makes me happy. :)

wow, those are really nice night pictures! And the Punzel Potties have to be the most photographed toilet area in the world!

BTMRR is so great at night! It really is like a different ride. I didn't get to ride 7DMT at night but figured it would have a similar effect (Sounds like it did, though maybe to not as great a degree).

Speaking of rides at night, just watching the new double Dumbo area at night with the water and changing color lights - love it!

Love spending time for the classics like the carousel and the tea cups. I am a big fan of Space Mountain but it is kinda creepy. Not sure if you have ever seen it with the lights on, but in some ways it is even scarier when you see how crammed in all the track and supports are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter