Smells like Florida......

Julia Ann

DIS Veteran
This morning I sprayed myself with a new Vanilla body mist from The Body Shop and suddenly had a flash back to the Yankee Candle shop in the Florida Mall (was 6 years since last visit!)....cheered up my morning no end before work :goodvibes What smells remind you of Florida?

Oh love when that happens! I bought a scented candle that smelled like the candy shop on Main Street USA in MK and stocked up so I can re-live my memories over and over! Also Australian Gold suncream always reminds me of Florida, Seaworld in particular although I haven't a clue why LOL!

Wills Mom said:
Oh love when that happens! I bought a scented candle that smelled like the candy shop on Main Street USA in MK and stocked up so I can re-live my memories over and over! Also Australian Gold suncream always reminds me of Florida, Seaworld in particular although I haven't a clue why LOL!

Us too!,we have a pomegranate and pear one that smell like the sweet shop in Main Street, and another one that smells like suntan lotion according to DS☺both are great to help us relax and bring back the good happy vibes of holiday times.

We love the Orange and Honey air freasheners from Cracker Barrel, they smell like Soarin' :goodvibes

The smell of cinnamon always reminds me of Florida, esp Universal Studios as they have the Cinnebon rolls there :goodvibes

I work for a safe alternative candle comoany and we have sunkissed citrus and everytime i warm the scent i close my eyes and im on soarin :-) you know the it where you glide over the orange farm. Sooo nice :-)

jen_uk said:
The smell of cinnamon always reminds me of Florida, esp Universal Studios as they have the Cinnebon rolls there :goodvibes

Oh I totally agree!!! My DH thinks I'm nuts anytime I say this :rotfl:

jen_uk said:

Love that smell!! Does anyone remember the Christmas shop in DTD used to smell like cinnamon!? Hasn't for a good few years now! :( x

Lesleyluvsdisney said:
Love that smell!! Does anyone remember the Christmas shop in DTD used to smell like cinnamon!? Hasn't for a good few years now! :( x

YES!!! It did the first time I was ever there and when we got back it didn't anymore so I thought I'd imagined it!!

Basically any time I put suncream on it reminds be of putting it on in the room before we leave for the parks!

I keep an old bottle of Panama Jack suncream at the back of my bathroom cabinet just so that I can sniff it from time to time. :rotfl:

Interesting, I thought it was just me that had these occurances

1. Best mate at work, his car smells exactly the same as the hire car in Florida!

2. When I go to a shell garage that has the coffee reminds me of Hess at DTD

3. Wife put some sun lotion on the the other day where we had sunshine ! and it was typhoon lagoon

boy do I want to go back !!!!!!!!!!!

Will I ever grow out of this at the age of 43 ! probably not:lmao:

I have this all the time it's crazy, a new one is when I'm stocking the fridges at work with juice the smell reminds me of when I worked in sweet spells on sunset when I did the summer programme

Interesting, I thought it was just me that had these occurances

1. Best mate at work, his car smells exactly the same as the hire car in Florida!

2. When I go to a shell garage that has the coffee reminds me of Hess at DTD

3. Wife put some sun lotion on the the other day where we had sunshine ! and it was typhoon lagoon

boy do I want to go back !!!!!!!!!!!

Will I ever grow out of this at the age of 43 ! probably not:lmao:

Brilliant! I think when you get the Dis bug you never grow out of it - i'm desperate to go back (gotta wait till 2015) and I'm 42 :rotfl:

When you go to an out of town retail park on a hot morning (our local ones are Teesside Park and Dalton Park) and the moment you get out of the car the smell of warm air and concrete hits you - takes us right back to Belz and the Premium Outlets. Me and the kids always say "smells like Florida".

The other one that prompts the same reaction is after heavy rain on a hot day and once the rain has stopped there's that damp, hot, earthy, grassy smell. (That's never gonna make it as a Yankee Candle fragrance name is it??!!) We were in Orlando in 2004 for Hurricane Rita and again in 2005 for Hurricane Frances, so yes we have first hand experience of that wet/hot smell!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter