Smells like Florida......

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Julia Ann, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Julia Ann

Julia Ann DIS Veteran

This morning I sprayed myself with a new Vanilla body mist from The Body Shop and suddenly had a flash back to the Yankee Candle shop in the Florida Mall (was 6 years since last visit!)....cheered up my morning no end before work :goodvibes What smells remind you of Florida?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Oh love when that happens! I bought a scented candle that smelled like the candy shop on Main Street USA in MK and stocked up so I can re-live my memories over and over! Also Australian Gold suncream always reminds me of Florida, Seaworld in particular although I haven't a clue why LOL!

4. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

Us too!,we have a pomegranate and pear one that smell like the sweet shop in Main Street, and another one that smells like suntan lotion according to DS☺both are great to help us relax and bring back the good happy vibes of holiday times.

5. tony64

tony64 <font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font

We love the Orange and Honey air freasheners from Cracker Barrel, they smell like Soarin' :goodvibes

6. jen_uk

jen_uk <font color=6666cc>Eurovision Nut !!<font color=33

The smell of cinnamon always reminds me of Florida, esp Universal Studios as they have the Cinnebon rolls there :goodvibes

7. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

I work for a safe alternative candle comoany and we have sunkissed citrus and everytime i warm the scent i close my eyes and im on soarin :-) you know the it where you glide over the orange farm. Sooo nice :-)

8. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Oh I totally agree!!! My DH thinks I'm nuts anytime I say this :rotfl:

9. Lesleyluvsdisney

Lesleyluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Love that smell!! Does anyone remember the Christmas shop in DTD used to smell like cinnamon!? Hasn't for a good few years now! :( x

10. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

YES!!! It did the first time I was ever there and when we got back it didn't anymore so I thought I'd imagined it!!

11. Lesleyluvsdisney

Lesleyluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Hahaha!! So did I!! x

12. 212456

212456 Earning My Ears

Basically any time I put suncream on it reminds be of putting it on in the room before we leave for the parks!

13. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Haha its ok so, we're not alone! :)

14. Dimplenose

Dimplenose <font color=red>Stranger from the outside<br><font

I keep an old bottle of Panama Jack suncream at the back of my bathroom cabinet just so that I can sniff it from time to time. :rotfl:

15. kevin_cambs_uk

kevin_cambs_uk Mouseketeer

Interesting, I thought it was just me that had these occurances

1. Best mate at work, his car smells exactly the same as the hire car in Florida!

2. When I go to a shell garage that has the coffee reminds me of Hess at DTD

3. Wife put some sun lotion on the the other day where we had sunshine ! and it was typhoon lagoon

boy do I want to go back !!!!!!!!!!!

Will I ever grow out of this at the age of 43 ! probably not:lmao:

16. CAROLINE4

CAROLINE4 Mouseketeer

banana boat sun cream reminds us of Florida, also the tangled childrens lip gloss fron=m the disney store smells like the ice pops from publix! xx

17. Stitch's Greatest Fa

Stitch's Greatest Fa DIS Veteran

The air con in my car when I first switch in on when its very hot weather, also the water features in the Trafford Centre!

18. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee Earning My Ears

I am also guilty of this! :goodvibes

19. Disney Burns

Disney Burns Mouseketeer

I have this all the time it's crazy, a new one is when I'm stocking the fridges at work with juice the smell reminds me of when I worked in sweet spells on sunset when I did the summer programme

20. Julia Ann

Julia Ann DIS Veteran

Brilliant! I think when you get the Dis bug you never grow out of it - i'm desperate to go back (gotta wait till 2015) and I'm 42 :rotfl:

21. arieliwish

arieliwish I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty,

When you go to an out of town retail park on a hot morning (our local ones are Teesside Park and Dalton Park) and the moment you get out of the car the smell of warm air and concrete hits you - takes us right back to Belz and the Premium Outlets. Me and the kids always say "smells like Florida".

The other one that prompts the same reaction is after heavy rain on a hot day and once the rain has stopped there's that damp, hot, earthy, grassy smell. (That's never gonna make it as a Yankee Candle fragrance name is it??!!) We were in Orlando in 2004 for Hurricane Rita and again in 2005 for Hurricane Frances, so yes we have first hand experience of that wet/hot smell!

;)