Slightly OT - Bridal show menu help?

mla973

DIS Veteran
I know this is not entirely Disney related, but I am throwing my sister a bridal shower (I'm the MOH), and I'm not sure what to have for food. I'm thinking sandwiches with a variety of salads. (I have a family friend who makes a wonderful strawberry salad and broccoli salad, and my grandma will make macaroni salad whether I ask her or not.)

Any suggestions for other items or types of sandwiches. The family friend (who also does wedding cakes) will be making the cake. I don't want to ask her to cater it all because I would like to make something myself too.

Any ideas? What have you girls had at showers that was a big hit???

Thanks!

I just went to my cousins bridal shower na dthey had bbq style food. There was bbq chicken ( chciken breasts and legs, thighs etc) and baked beans, home made mac and cheese, potatoe salads , reg salad, and pulled pork and buns to make chicken and pork sandwiches. It was very nice and had a more fun feel to it. I dont know if you were looking for something more "formal" or not.

At my shower... We had pasta salad, chicken wings, fruit platter, veggie platter, a great bean dip (7-layer) with chips, ham rolls, etc... (cant remeber the rest). Everything was homemade except the chicken wings and the cake (both from grocery store).

Regarding the sandwiches... My friend just had her shower this past weekend, and her sister bought a bunch of different lunchmeats and cheeses, and a bunch of different fancy rolls, etc... It was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved being able to make their own sandwiches with their own toppings (mustard, mayo, etc...). She also made a bowl of tuna salad, and chicken salad... to mix it up. WAS GREAT!

Hope this helps!
Jamie

Well I haven't had a bridal shower yet, but my engagement party was 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping that my bridal shower will be just as fun. It was a very casual back yard pool party. We had (catered) chicken fran., penne vodka, eggplant, and ceasar salad. (home made) burgers, hot dogs, london broil, bruchetta, spinage dip, and an edible arrangement. Everyone loved all the different choices of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter