sleeping the night before

pocahontasgal87

~Disney Geek~
do you guys get some sleep the night before you leave for disney?, i dno if I can fall asleep, we leave in 7 hrs :) too excited!

Very rarely do we get much sleep.
Our typical routine is:
1. Double check everything we need is packed (again which would make it a quadruple check)
2. Check the air fare tickets again for boarding section (we fly southwest so no specific seats)
3. Make sure that we have all of our luggage tags legible.
4. Make sure we have any/all paperwork for anything we would need (Magical Express, MNSSHP tickets, etc..)
5. Verify for the 1,000,000 time all of our reservations (ADR's, resort, flights, etc..) are correct.
6. Confirm that we have our spending $$$ and money for all of the tips and such.

By the time all of this happens after my DW gets home from work it's about 1:00 am and we have to be up to get to the airport by 4:15 am. lol Of course they changed MK's close time for our arrival day (9-24-2016) from 9 pm to 12:00 am which means we'll have been up at least 20 hours on our first Disney day.. :) No complaints from us though.

Last edited:
To be totally honest, I take a couple of Benadryl. And I try to get to bed early. We drive and we try to be out of the house by 6 or 7.

It's tough but usually I do because I've been up late the couple nights before packing! I do double check my packing list for the luggage and carry-ons and stage for the stuff I'll need to pack in the morning. Makes me a bit more relaxed to know everything is ready.

Have a magical trip

Yup... I sleep... Now that we can drive
But in the past... Not so much, more from... Did I remember this/that lol

Usually we are in a hotel before our early flight and I take a lorazepam to help with my anxiety and general not being able to turn my brain off, so I do fall asleep but we usually don't get many hours of sleep anyways because our flights are so early. I do sleep on the plane though :p

I....won't be sleeping so much as taking a long nap. I get off at midnight before we leave, so I'll get home around 0100, take a long nap till around 0530, get up, eat, shower, shave, double check luggage and get out the door to make sure we're at Dulles at 0830.

Thankfully, we're not doing the parks on arrival day, so once we get checked in at Coronado, I'll take another nap before dinner at Rainforest Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter