Skull Island: Reign of Kong

I will be therein June a week before the official opening and I am praying for a soft opening when I am there. I will certainly post info if I am able to ride this.

ahh we got late may/early june, come on soft opening LOL
END OF MAY for us also!
REALLY HOPING!:wizard: This looks AWESOME!::yes:: Can anyone explain "SOFT OPENING"? I would think that it means "test phase" before the official opening, but is a soft opening restricted to a certain part of the day? MUCH THANKS!:goodvibes

END OF MAY for us also!
REALLY HOPING!:wizard: This looks AWESOME!::yes:: Can anyone explain "SOFT OPENING"? I would think that it means "test phase" before the official opening, but is a soft opening restricted to a certain part of the day? MUCH THANKS!:goodvibes

In general, you have it right. "Soft Openings" or "Technical Rehearsals" is often the final stage of "testings" before official opening. The ride has already passed all the safety tests. They use the openings for final tweaking of the show and training of the Team Members (Cast Members at Disney). Early soft opening is usually fairly erratic. It could be open for a few hours then closed the rest of the day or closed most of the day and open late in the evening. As the grand opening gets closer, it will probably be open longer and longer and on a more predictable schedule.

For Example, Harry Potter Hollywood is currently in Technical Rehearsal. The first day of Technical Rehearsal was Feb 12th. The had Technical Rehearsals the 12th-14th but it was closed all day on the 15th. Grand opening is April 7th, and now the land is open more than it's closed but I don't think it's opening with the park.

In general, you have it right. "Soft Openings" or "Technical Rehearsals" is often the final stage of "testings" before official opening. The ride has already passed all the safety tests. They use the openings for final tweaking of the show and training of the Team Members (Cast Members at Disney). Early soft opening is usually fairly erratic. It could be open for a few hours then closed the rest of the day or closed most of the day and open late in the evening. As the grand opening gets closer, it will probably be open longer and longer and on a more predictable schedule.

For Example, Harry Potter Hollywood is currently in Technical Rehearsal. The first day of Technical Rehearsal was Feb 12th. The had Technical Rehearsals the 12th-14th but it was closed all day on the 15th. Grand opening is April 7th, and now the land is open more than it's closed but I don't think it's opening with the park.
THANKS so much for the explanation! Really hoping for soft opening of Kong end of May!:wizard::wave2:

So COOL for those going on June! Anyone have any additional thoughts on soft opening for May? HOPING!:wizard::wave2:

I can't wait to hear the comments on how it is. We will be there this Fall and as long as its opened then I will be fine. Im just waiting to hear other peoples thoughts

I desperately want those two rides up and operating a sap!

It will lessen the crowds for them when I go in the fall.....

I doubt it

Most new rides do not offer express when the ride first opens which is a good thing

Everyone waits the same amount of time for new ride releases
Makes it quite fair for all park goers

Then in the future, express can be activated (if that is the UO plan)
At that point, it entices more to purchase ep........

I could see Express Pass go either way. HRRR and the HP rides opened without Express Pass. But, Transformers had Express Pass as soon as it got out of soft opening. If they have all 5 jeeps running come opening day, I'd almost expect Express. If they are struggling with 2-3 jeeps it may not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter