• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) As I mentioned, it looks like LTT will be ready by Nov-15th, even though rehabs are not fully complete.
2) Unfortunately, I do not know anyone personally involved with Skipper Canteen to comment on their dates.

Do you think they'll be taking reservations for LTT for November 15th? Oops, nevermind. I scrolled back and read your original post. I'll just keep checking the dining reservations page!

1) As I mentioned, it looks like LTT will be ready by Nov-15th, even though rehabs are not fully complete.
2) Unfortunately, I do not know anyone personally involved with Skipper Canteen to comment on their dates.
Why is everyone so excited about LTT? Is it just because they did some remodeling or is there something else new about it?

I think there's a lot of conjecture on what this restaurant will be serving and when it will open. Right now, I'm watching closely. I'm sure the day that anything becomes available, someone will post it here.

I'm sure the day that anything becomes available, someone will post it here.

1) If it were the Scupper Canteen, I would serve
. . . appy: wharf waffle
. . . entrée: river ravioli
. . . dessert: seafood soufflé
. . . beverage: jungle java
2) Let's see how close Skipper Canteen comes to this . . . .

Thanks for that link, Beantown Minnie! I can't wait to try this restaurant. I like everything I hear about it.

Here's another link with leaked info about the restaurant's layout.

From the Doctor Disney article:
The atmosphere will be in the same feel as 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Whispering Canyon.
Oh no! DS was just fussing about how he hates the playing around that happens in 50's Prime Time. Surely this would just be corny jokes like on the boats though. That could be fun. :)

If they open in mid December, I wonder when they'll be ready to take ADR's?

Still looking forward to trying something new! Would be awesome
If it opened sooner rather than later!

The minute they announced this as JC Skipper Canteen I think we all knew it was going to be "server interactive" so that is no surprise. Table Service only makes sense given it's size and am happy that is what they decided to do. MK needed another option.

Some people love LTT. I haven't eaten there since they got rid of the characters as I never liked the food when I ate there.

Well I must live in a bubble because no more characters? Wow. LTT used to be great. A good hearty meal with the characters is what I enjoyed.

Liberty Tree has not had characters since 2010.

Wondering if the menu will contain items that sound a bit cannibalistic? Maybe brains or intestines?

That would be clever, but Disney seems to think its guests can't even handle chocolate shaped like animal poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter