Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzzySpazbourne

Mouseketeer
Any news on the expected opening date, or when we can make reservations? All I could find is that Disney "would like" the restaurant to be open by "Holiday 2015."

1) We have heard relatively little.
2) Although the Rumor Mill is overflowing.
3) From what we hear (AND ONLY CLASSIFIED AS RUMORS)
. . . it will be QS lunch and TS dinner
. . . no menus have been announced or internally hinted/released
. . . it was hoped for early December, but no firm dates
. . . there are very few building modifications, so renovations are not as severe as other new eateries.

I think that Disney offering QS lunches and TS dinners at the new restaurants is interesting. I have always thought that MK is sorely lacking when it comes to TS meals at night, sending people out of the park for dinner. I can't wait to see what this new restaurant will be like!

I'm very excited for this restaurant to open, unfortunately we will be there in October so no chance of us trying then. I guess I will have to wait until our trip in 2016.

For those of us who like TS lunches and QS dinners, that's sad news.

But for now, this may be an opportunity to expand the availability of TS options within the MK. There are not enough hybrid restaurants in this park, and if this one mirrors BOG in that it offers TS atmosphere with CS prices, perhaps there will be expanded TS openings within the park.

If they are modeling this after BOG maybe they will have a character greeting in the evenings. What Disney character would you think might greet here? Just speculating, of course. Turk? Tarzan and Jane? Baloo and King Louie would be perfect if they would move them from AK.

For those of us who like TS lunches and QS dinners, that's sad news.

Even though BOG is technically considered a QS at lunch, it's really more like a TS. The food is a little more substantial and upscale than other QS. They bring your food to your table, and you can/have to make an ADR. So, it's not as bad as a normal QS. Plus, it's a little (not a lot) cheaper than most TS at lunch.

just bumping this.... any news or updates
No additional news yet. I'm hoping they release something during the D23 Expo.

Also, here's a blog about why they're speculating a November 2015 open date:
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/03/confi...oasis-restaurant-coming-to-the-magic-kingdom/
Bottom Line: because SC and LTT are going to be using the same kitchen, and LTT is opening back up in November, they think SC will too because the building it's in is already outfitted as a restaurant.

any more confirmation if it's like BOG- QS for lunch and TS for dinner. Would love a lunch ADR for week before Christmas. Has anyone tried speaking to a CM ?

A new restaurant will be opening this winter in the former Adventureland Veranda area. "Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen" will be home to the "World Famous Jungle Cuisine" and will be broken up into several different themed rooms. One will be themed like a crew mess hall and one will be a secret meeting room for the famous Society of Explorers and Adventurers. The restaurant proprietor is Alberta Falls, daughter of Albert Falls from the Jungle Cruise. The Jungle Cruise Skippers will be the servers, so guests will surely be in for a laugh along with their dinner. The menu will feature dishes inspired by the cuisine of Asia, South America and Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter