Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow I thought it was where liberty tree tavern was since thats closed for refurbishment. It would be great if that is so

I'm wondering if there will be a character experience here like at BOG. Maybe Jack Sparrow just there at night for pics?? Or Tink? Though she has her M&G right there. Doesn't seem big enough for a true character meal with multiple characters but I could be wrong.

What does Jack Sparrow have to do with The Jungle Cruise? What does Tink? The Beast was a character related to the Castle. This comment makes no sense what so ever. Just sayin....

What does Jack Sparrow have to do with The Jungle Cruise? What does Tink? The Beast was a character related to the Castle. This comment makes no sense what so ever. Just sayin....

Sorry for such a dumb comment. Was just thinking of characters that hang out in that area.

I'm excited, sounds like it should be up and running for our family January 16 trip! :)

I'm wondering if there will be a character experience here like at BOG. Maybe Jack Sparrow just there at night for pics?? Or Tink? Though she has her M&G right there. Doesn't seem big enough for a true character meal with multiple characters but I could be wrong.

i love this idea! I'm not sure if it will exactly happen - but I guess anything's posible. Having a character interaction like the Beast at BOG would be a great way to make the restaurant more popular - and bring more people in. I think jack Sparrow would be cool - it would be great for little pirates! I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

Sorry for such a dumb comment. Was just thinking of characters that hang out in that area.

I don't think it's a dumb comment at all. When the news broke this restaurant was opening with a JUNGLE theme many folks were talking how it would be a perfect time to bring in some BOY-centric characters for a character meal or eat & greet (the building is bigger than you think when you combine it all). There are quite a few that could have been added, and whose to say it be dedicated to one set of characters, they could rotate them. Maybe it be a surprise who shows up..... Jack Sparrow and friend, Tarzan and friends, Peter Pan and friends, Jungle Book.... Yes they built the castles for their characters but what do the classics have to do with Tusker House, back in the day before Lilo what did the classics have to do with Ohana and Hawaii and so on. Most character meals are worked into a restaurant, not a restaurant built for them.

BUT then they start talking about the Jungle Cruise and skippers working there .............. depending on the scale of their performing and whether this is for all meals, I still think they could work in say a character breakfast and let the skippers do their obnoxious thing the rest of the day. Do I think they will? No. Just too bad they keep ignoring all the little Princes and Pirates out there. They have plenty of characters to work with .... :confused3

Last edited:
I don't think it's a dumb comment at all. When the news broke this restaurant was opening with a JUNGLE theme many folks were talking how it would be a perfect time to bring in some BOY-centric characters for a character meal or eat & greet (the building is bigger than you think when you combine it all). There are quite a few that could have been added, and whose to say it be dedicated to one set of characters, they could rotate them. Maybe it be a surprise who shows up..... Jack Sparrow and friend, Tarzan and friends, Peter Pan and friends, Jungle Book.... Yes they built the castles for their characters but what do the classics have to do with Tusker House, back in the day before Lilo what did the classics have to do with Ohana and Hawaii and so on. Most character meals are worked into a restaurant, not a restaurant built for them.

BUT then they start talking about the Jungle Cruise and skippers working there .............. depending on the scale of their performing and whether this is for all meals, I still think they could work in say a character breakfast and let the skippers do their obnoxious thing the rest of the day. Do I think they will? No. Just too bad they keep ignoring all the little Princes and Pirates out there. They have plenty of characters to work with .... :confused3
Me neither! Honestly anything is possible - Disney could do anything they want with the space. Some people just need to use their imaginations a little more;)

Thank you both for making me feel better. I was just thinking outside the obvious b/c Disney does not always do things that make sense but instead, they do what would draw crowds. Pretty sure Jack Sparrow or Tink would draw crowds (and yes, we do need something for our princes and pirates!).

Last edited:
And HopperFan, I LOVE your idea that it could be varying characters who show up, and it be a surprise from day-to-day. Really think that wold be fun!

Thank you both for making me feel better. I was just thinking outside the obvious b/c Disney does not always do things that make sense but instead, they do what would draw crowds. Pretty sure Jack Sparrow or Tink would draw crowds (and yes, we do need something for our princes and pirates!).

OMG if it was possible to see Jack Sparrow after dinner....:faint:. I would presume it would be even harder to make an ADR there if that was the fact...much harder then getting into BOG. You can bet your Disney loving bottom that I would be one of those people on the phone and on the dining website trying really really hard to make that ADR :goodvibes.

I still don't get why they got rid of the Villians dinner @ 1900 Park Faire. Anyone who's ever posted about it says it was one of the best character interactions ever including myself. Of course I did it with two other adult female friends but we had a blast. True some were villians from some earlier classics that kids probably were not as familiar with but I saw a lot of them really getting into it too.

OMG if it was possible to see Jack Sparrow after dinner....:faint:. I would presume it would be even harder to make an ADR there if that was the fact...much harder then getting into BOG. You can bet your Disney loving bottom that I would be one of those people on the phone and on the dining website trying really really hard to make that ADR :goodvibes.

Yes!! You and me both!

I remember when there was gossip that it would be a pirates themed restaurant, an I though that would be awesome! Jack Sparrow! Hook, Mr SMee an Tink! What fun would that be!!!!!!!

You had a great idea, and us DISers need to stick together :hug: Honestly, your comment made me so much MORE excited about the new place, because like I said, the possibilities are endless. You were using your imagination!:goodvibes:thumbsup2

With the new Jungle Book movie coming out in April, I would not be surprised to see characters from that at the restaurant.

Very true! The movie looks like its going to be great, and expect it to be popular! This would be awesome if some of our Jungle friends showed up.:goodvibes I know I would be there!::yes::

OMG if it was possible to see Jack Sparrow after dinner....:faint:. I would presume it would be even harder to make an ADR there if that was the fact...much harder then getting into BOG

I think it would be amazing as well! And yes.....I would think it would be harder - but so worth it! ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter