Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought lunch was Counter? Just wondering, since BOG has ADR's for Counter Service lunch.

I thought lunch was Counter? Just wondering, since BOG has ADR's for Counter Service lunch.
Based on all word from CMs and those to staff the location, it will be TS Lunch and Dinner. The shtick of the wait staff being off-duty Jungle Cruise pilots is unlikely to work in a CS environment, which makes the Ts-only rumors highly credible.

As it stands, it is TS lunch and dinner with no break in between (going straight from lunch to dinner with no closing of the restaurant in between.)

Glad to hear both lunch and dinner are TS. MK is in serious need of table service aside from what it currently has today considering how many people frequent the park on a daily basis.

Glad to hear both lunch and dinner are TS. MK is in serious need of table service aside from what it currently has today considering how many people frequent the park on a daily basis.

I agree. Comparatively, there is a ton of CS in MK. We avoid Tony's, The Plaza is okay for what it is, and as much as we love LTT and CRT, you can only eat there so many times during a 12 day trip.

We have at times felt like our only choice for a decent lunch is to leave the park and eat at one of the hotels, so it'll be nice to have another TS option at lunch.

I agree. And while I enjoy character meals, it is nice that there will be a Character free option in the MK.

Logged onto DME. No site update yet to include SC spot under restaurants. There's still that vague place-holder for "Magic Kingdom Special Activities" though... also I DID notice that it states "Table Service" here. I don't recall seeing that indicator last week...

I know they have a similar place-holder for DHS ("Hollywood Studios Special Activities"), but not sure what this could be a placeholder for either, unless it's the anticipated Star Wars fireworks dessert party? What would the MK one be?

Was hoping that I'd be able to make ADRs for my trip on Friday, but no such luck. If it is open when I get there, I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope I can get in.

As it stands, it is TS lunch and dinner with no break in between (going straight from lunch to dinner with no closing of the restaurant in between.)

This may point to its having the same menu and the same prices for lunch and dinner.

I know they have a similar place-holder for DHS ("Hollywood Studios Special Activities"), but not sure what this could be a placeholder for either, unless it's the anticipated Star Wars fireworks dessert party? What would the MK one be?

My guess is a special event party. The DHS Very Merry and Bright dessert party shows up as Special Activities. Source: I have that reservation.

I think that it might be time to give up on this one offering ADR's for December. Maybe they'll have a soft opening though. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter