• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skip a park

DHS. We don't much like shows, and as for thrill rides...we live 2 hours from Cedar Point.

Animal Kingdom. Just not enough for us to do there. We love MK but got crazily addicted to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

Our must-dos are Epcot and MK. HS and AK are usually half-day parks for us. But if we had to skip one it would definitely be AK. We enjoy it okay but there are only a few things that we do. No one in my family really misses it if we don't go.

Come to think of it. If you have park hoppers you could do AK in the morning, take a pool or lunch break, then do the evening at HS. I may actually do that on our next trip. They each have a few things to offer, for us, but they're not all day parks. That may change for HS when my kids are old enough to do thrill rides.

I'd skip AK because it closes early, I'm not a big fan of EE and I usually go in winter so the river rapids is hit or miss as far as weather is concerned. Also, I'm just not a fan of looking at penned up animals.

AK has our favorite show of all the parks, the Festival of the Lion King. We have always experienced torrential downpours when we go to HS. So we usually skip that park!

We are going in September and have already discussed that we are skipping Animal Kingdom. I hate to say to say it but it is ALWAYS miserably hot. There isn't all that much to see or do. Sorry, I know I know there is probably a ton of good stuff that people love and I don't mean to offend. But we really just like Everest and that isn't worth the pain.

We almost always skip Studios. We love epcot, and the young kids like the safari and animal walks in AK. On a 7 day trip we do AK once, MK and Epcot the rest.

On our last trip last year the week before XMAS we decided to do studios one day. It was so packed for as cramped as it is in the high traffic areas that after Star Wars and Phineas and Ferb, we just ended up leaving and going back to MK.

I don't see us doing it again.

We have done a couple three day trips and both times we skipped AK. DW's favorite park is EPCOT so we have to go there. MK is a must. I actually prefer DHS to AK so we went there.

Animal Kingdom, without a doubt. I mean, there are a couple of cool attractions (EE, and Dinosaur) but we would skip it without a tinge of sadness. We usually only spend a half a day there on an 8 night trip. Next month, we are there for 10 nights, and still only planned 1/2 a day at AK into our itinerary. It's just....meh!

I don't believe any true animal lovers would prefer a local zoo to DAK. Sorry, but when people say that I just don't believe it.

I doubt my 8 year old is lying to me about which she prefers. As with anything, YMMV, but give *my* kid the choice she'll choose the local zoo every time over spending half a day at DAK when she could be at MK or Epcot. Skipping DAK on our last trip was her idea, not mine...I believe her exact words were "we can go to the zoo when we get home."

For us, it would depend on the time of year.

During F&W Festival, I'd skip DHS.

Over Christmas, I'd skip AK.

Any other time of year, I'd skip Epcot (unless they had something new that I haven't already seen). I like the rides at the other parks more than those at Epcot.

We usually buy hoppers, though. That way, we can visit all of our favorite rides no matter which park they're in.

Animal Kingdom. We don't find as much to do there and we go during a hot time of year and AK seems hotter. It's not that it's not a nice place but DHS just offers more for us.

Having just been for my first ever visit, I'd say DHS. I really enjoyed the overall atmosphere at DAK so much more than at DHS. Also, we totally ran out of things to do at DHS by about 5:30 p.m. and were just killing time until Fantasmic started. And that's with an ADR lunch. I personally thought TSM was overhyped, fun but definitely not my favorite ride and I preferred EE to RnRRC (and ToT is just not my idea of fun). While there were things I liked at DHS - Muppets, Star Tours, One Man's Dream- they also had some of the more lame attractions we experienced at WDW - I actually fell asleep on the Backlot Tour and the Beast's growl reminded me of when cub Simba tries to roar, lol. Just my 2 cents.

AK all the way. DW loves AK however. Seems to me to be a large zoo. I dont mind the large crowds at MK or the Epcot death march.HS has Star Wars plus pixar for the kiddies. ya AK all the way.

We have four days, and plan to go to HS the day we arrive, but if we are that tired, I wouldn't care too much about missing it. So my vote would be HS, but also, we got park hoppers, and could always hit HS after we got to AK. But I can't miss AK, I love seeing all the animals. But think it'd be easy to do that most of the day, and hit HS after since there's not too much there that interests me. So park hoppers are great for that reason but if I had to get rid of a park it'd be HS.

Seeing the ages of your kids, I would say to skip AK, although since your kids are older, I would probably only do 1 day at MK (I know you didn't ask that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter