Size of DAS card?

JKSWonder

Twelve plus trips and counting
I did a forum search, but I could not find the answer to this one:

What is the size of the new DAS card? Is it the same size as the old GAC? Or have they changed it to be more like the size of a credit card or a Key to the World card?

My son (the one who requires the DAS) loves wearing his lanyard/KTTW card holder from the Disney Cruise Line and I was wondering if the DAS would fit in that? I'm thinking if he was going to carry it himself (rather than in my bag) I could talk it up as something special and it might make him slightly more interested in cooperating with the process to actually get the card (going to guest services first before doing anything else, having his photo taken, etc.).

Thanks.

This is quoted from the DAS sticky at the top of this forum:

DAS card is about 5x 7 inches, but can be folded to be slightly larger than the GAC card, which was 3.5 inches by 5 inches.

when it's open it's about 6 x 4 closed it's around 3 inches wide by 4 inches tall.

Just measured it again -
Unfolded, it is 5 inches high and 7 inches wide
It folds in half to become 5 inches high and 3.5 inches wide.

So, a folded DAS is the same size as the old GAC card was. The 'slightly larger' is because all corners of the GAC were rounded and only 2 of the DAS are.

All the measurements are just a hair smaller (like between 1/16 and 1/8 inch smaller).

I push my son in a Convaid chair in the parks. I ended up wearing a black Samsonite travel ID thing in the park. I could fit the DAS in there, and my room key, and FP.

It was just too hard to stop and dig it out all the time, and my son might tear it, or drop it if I let him hold it. Wearing it seemed easiest. I will figure something a little more attractive for the next time. But it will involve using a lanyard. I might get the plastic covers that hold hunting licenses, they are the correct size I think, and attach that to a lanyard. Otherwise, I will stick with my Samsonite thing.

I push my son in a Convaid chair in the parks. I ended up wearing a black Samsonite travel ID thing in the park. I could fit the DAS in there, and my room key, and FP.

It was just too hard to stop and dig it out all the time, and my son might tear it, or drop it if I let him hold it. Wearing it seemed easiest. I will figure something a little more attractive for the next time. But it will involve using a lanyard. I might get the plastic covers that hold hunting licenses, they are the correct size I think, and attach that to a lanyard. Otherwise, I will stick with my Samsonite thing.
Yes.
Those or plastic pouches meant for fishing licenses were the right size.
People found those in sporting goods stores or places like Walmart that sell those licenses.

One other thing to think about - you may not want the DAS visible because CMs will see it and might assume you want to get a Return Time for something you are just planning on getting into the one for.

Yes.
Those or plastic pouches meant for fishing licenses were the right size.
People found those in sporting goods stores or places like Walmart that sell those licenses.

One other thing to think about - you may not want the DAS visible because CMs will see it and might assume you want to get a Return Time for something you are just planning on getting into the one for.

Good point. That was one good thing about the samsonite thing, you could not see it until I pulled it out. One CM said, you should not get WC return times, if you have a DAS. It is one or the other. But I used either one or the other,it is not that much different, in that you wait to ride. Sure, technically I could have both at the same time, but how much running around can I DO, pushing around an adult, lol.

I am concerned about using the DAS at WDW, it seems like much more running around and backtracking than the DAS at DL. (no runner family member available to get the DAS return times for us). At DL, I liked picking a DAS on the opposite side of the park, and then slowly getting us across the park to ride it. (or even picking one at the other park).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter