Sizable Price Increase on Tables in Wonderland Membersip

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
The Annual Pass price increases this morning are a bit of a bummer, but they're not HUGE so that's a bit of a relief.

The price increase on the TiW card is a whole different story though. I'm bummed . . .

Effective today, 10/4/15: Prices have increased from $100 to $150 for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members and from $125 to $175 for Florida residents.

Sad news! :sad2:

It seems that over the past few years there are fewer participating restaurants, but the cost of TIW has had big increases. Unless we have a big family trip planned we probably will not purchase again .

Though I'm disappointed in this, I'll still get another when mine is up. We save so much money, especially in valet, with TIW it's still worth it.

We used to enjoy having a drink or two and a very nice meal at WDW eatery every night of our vacations. We are a family that travels with 4-10 adults at a time. Used to be that TIW made sense. We will most likely not invest in TIW and just purchase adult beverages off property and have a nice drink by the pool. Then we will have a lovely meal in our DVC.

Ohana will still make the list of restaurants that we will go to. But looking at the blackout dates, TIW won't matter there either.

Change is good.

The TIW increase is ridiculous. It no longer makes sense for me

While I appreciate that a 50% increase is a "BIG" jump from a percentage perspective. Why does that increase make purchasing the TWI card no sense any longer? What is the evidence that you're using to make that statement?

Really I understand the upset about this but................a 20% discount that includes alcohol is still big. If you spend $750 on food and alcohol during a Disney trip.....(I've done it o_O) without the TIW......that's $750. If you have the TIW card aren't you saving $150? Doesn't that 1 trip pay for the card?

Just trying to understand.:-)

Doug :goofy:

While I appreciate that a 50% increase is a "BIG" jump from a percentage perspective. Why does that increase make purchasing the TWI card no sense any longer? What is the evidence that you're using to make that statement?

Really I understand the upset about this but................a 20% discount that includes alcohol is still big. If you spend $750 on food and alcohol during a Disney trip.....(I've done it o_O) without the TIW......that's $750. If you have the TIW card aren't you saving $150? Doesn't that 1 trip pay for the card?

Just trying to understand.:-)

Perhaps at the old price, the 20% savings was more than the cost of the card but at the new price it is not. It certainly wouldn't make sense to buy it then.

This could be the tipping point for lots of people.

Perhaps at the old price, the 20% savings was more than the cost of the card but at the new price it is not. It certainly wouldn't make sense to buy it then.

This could be the tipping point for lots of people.
Since this is a discount for AP and DVC folks..........who visit more frequently in a year.............. I don't get your point. Where's the math that makes this a bad purchase? Again..........the % increase is big..........but for the target market.......is it really?

If you don't use the card enough to get a discount bigger than the cost of the card, you would be wasting money to buy it.

For example, if you spend $600, the 20% saves you $120. It was worth it to buy the card at $100. It is no longer worth it to buy at $150.

It all depends on a person's specific situation.

Since this is a discount for AP and DVC folks..........who visit more frequently in a year.............. I don't get your point. Where's the math that makes this a bad purchase? Again..........the % increase is big..........but for the target market.......is it really?

We are a party of 2. Previously it was around $500 to break even. Now that amount is $750. Having to spend an additional $250 JUST to break even is a deal breaker for me. We could make $500 work in two trips, but I doubt $750. We mainly thought of TIW as covering our tips. For my family it no longer makes sense. Obviously the bigger the party, the quicker you make your money back. But IMO the card no longer makes sense for a party of 2.

The Annual Pass price increases this morning are a bit of a bummer, but they're not HUGE so that's a bit of a relief.

The price increase on the TiW card is a whole different story though. I'm bummed . . .

Effective today, 10/4/15: Prices have increased from $100 to $150 for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members and from $125 to $175 for Florida residents.

Sad news! :sad2:
I'm confused -- a $95/$85 AP price increase per person isn't huge, but a $50 TIW increase per family is? :scratchin

Allison that is true..........but again the only folks able to purchase the TIW card are AP and DVC and FLA residents. Its not for the 1 visit every 2 or 3 year folks. In fact that person isn't really eligible for it.........well you could buy an AP if you're staying longer than 10 days...........but how many do that?

In my opinion a $50 increase just from a monetary perspective isn't that large for the folks who this card is made for. Do a couple of nice TS meals (California Grill :D).....do a show.......get lunch at a place like Flame Tree BBQ a few times............now since your an AP holder..........do that twice! For me I'm going to pay for the TIW card.

Why get the card if you aren't going to use it..................I get the point that I've gotta eat more to cover the card..........but really is that difficult? Most we're probably doing that anyway. So they're now getting less of a benefit..........but its still a benefit!:-).

I'm confused -- a $95/$85 AP price increase per person isn't huge, but a $50 TIW increase per family is? :scratchin
We're Florida residents and DVC Members and we get the renewal prices on our APs so it's not an $85/$95 pp increase for us. :flower1:

We are a party of 2. Previously it was around $500 to break even. Now that amount is $750. Having to spend an additional $250 JUST to break even is a deal breaker for me. We could make $500 work in two trips, but I doubt $750. We mainly thought of TIW as covering our tips. For my family it no longer makes sense. Obviously the bigger the party, the quicker you make your money back. But IMO the card no longer makes sense for a party of 2.

If you've done the math.........then I get it. My wife and I are 2............I guess we're big eaters :D

Allison that is true..........but again the only folks able to purchase the TIW card are AP and DVC and FLA residents. Its not for the 1 visit every 2 or 3 year folks. In fact that person isn't really eligible for it.........well you could buy an AP if you're staying longer than 10 days...........but how many do that?

In my opinion a $50 increase just from a monetary perspective isn't that large for the folks who this card is made for. Do a couple of nice TS meals (California Grill :D).....do a show.......get lunch at a place like Flame Tree BBQ a few times............now since your an AP holder..........do that twice! For me I'm going to pay for the TIW card.

Why get the card if you aren't going to use it..................I get the point that I've gotta eat more to cover the card..........but really is that difficult? Most we're probably doing that anyway. So they're now getting less of a benefit..........but its still a benefit!:-).

I know all the details of how the card works. If it still works for you, great. That's awesome. This price increase will make it not work for others. Again, it all depends on specific circumstances. I have several friends discussing that the increase won't make it worth it for them anymore.

Things change. That's okay.

Enjoy your meals!

Silly me, I thought I was the type of person that the TIW card was "made for": a DVC member and AP holder who goes twice a year. I know that the TIW card just priced itself out of my budget. I would have to spend $750 on (mostly) TS restaurants to just break even. Then after that, what kind of discount will I really have? I'd have to spend another $750 to get a measly 10% discount. Add to the mix that 4 (count 'em FOUR) days are blacked out on my next trip and V&A's is no longer included ... yet another nail in the coffin for Disney. THANK YOU oh Great Mouse for squeezing out more money from the loyal people who support you the most.

My current TIW card is actually valid through December so I will be able to use it on the 3 days it's not backed out. Yippie. That'll be my last time using the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter