Sit Down Epcot Restaurants around $15 per person??

Via Napoli is what we did last time. We split the

Piatti Alla Parmigiana - Pollo

traditional preparation with chicken breast, tomato sauce, parmesan & mozzarella, served with roasted potatoes

It was very good and more than plenty for two people. I think it was $24 total so $12pp.

We drink water and very very rarely get dessert.

Back to the topic at hand.

TS are great, and there are plenty of ways to enjoy the atmosphere of them without having to spend a ton. SPlitting meals, going for just appetizers or just for dessert, I think the one in Morocco often has a special (I remember Kathy and Theresa discussing it on an episode of the Disunplugged once) where it was a full meal for lunch that was inexpensive.

Regardless if I have the Fall Free Dining Plan or am paying OOP at another time of the year, I usually have breakfast in my room (I pack a bag of cereal - leave the outside box at home) and buy milk in the cafeteria. I pack a large mug for my cereal & instant coffee & I am set for early mornings. Its actually the healthiest meal of my day! Many, many people just say no to the routine of high in-park table service prices. Its not always about what you can afford. Often, its feeling that you don't get good value for your dollar. And for many others, its just too much food. Period. Its fun and a special treat to book a few ADRS if paying OOP. However, there are some incredible CS restaurants that offer much tastier food and better value than many TS. Many DIS vets custom plan their own mix of restaurants and snacks that best meet their own needs & preferences. There are so many great ways to enjoy dining at WDW. You'll find your own dining groove.

I agree with Via Napoli and splitting a pizza. If you really want to stick to your budget, I will recommend not getting any extras like drinks.

OP, hope this helps a little. All prices are pre tax, pre tip. I may put together a guide on this as I have planned several meals like this before.

Coral Reef Lunch or Dinner:
Ceasar Salad - $12.49
Drink - $2.99
Total: $15.48

Lobster Soup: $8.99
Seasonal Salad: $7.99
Water: $0
Total: $16.98

Seasonal Soup: $7.99
Jr Garden Salad: $2.99
Coconut Mango Chiffon Cake: $6.99
Total: $17.97

La Hacienda De San Angel:

Pork Empanadas: $11.25
Drink: $2.99
Total: $14.24

Crema De Elote: $7.50
Empanada de Manzana: $7.95
Drink: 2.99
Total: $18.44

Gorditas: $10.75
Nieves: $6.50
Total: $17.25

Le Cellier:

Canadian Chedder Cheese Soup: $10.00
Kids House Salad" $4.00
Drink: 2.99
Total: $16.99 ($14 if drinking water)

Kids Mickey Check Meal - Seared Salmon: $15
Drink included
Total: $15

Any Poutine offering: $10.00
Kids House Salad: $4.00
Total: $14.00

Canadian Maple Whisky-cured Salmon: $15.00
Total: $15.00

Cedar Key Clams: $14.00
Kids Cheddar Soup: $3.00
Total: $17.00

Just to say, I am the OP and I actually can afford to eat where ever I like, HOWEVER, I'm also fiscally responsible and do not like to waste my money on perceived value.

The question was to find perhaps a TS option or two at Epcot that might not have the over-inflated price tags that most of the other TS restaurants have. Looking for that hidden gem...or menu choice...that do exist in Disney World if you know where to look.

I'll give my own tip: Chefs de France
Quiche Lorraine $14.99 (they used to bring you "free" bread and butter - maybe they still do...order water to drink)
or the Lobster Bisque Soup or French Onion Soup $8.99

I like Sunshine Seasons and will probably do that for lunch or dinner. It is good food, many choices for a reasonable price. I've tried the French restaurant and really like it and actually there are a few options that are very cost efficient there, but I would like to maybe try something new. I've also been to Tempo Edo..it was "ok", but the cost there now is ridiculous, and I've tried the Mexican place. It was pretty good.

Just a side note; if a person can afford the tickets, Disney World can be enjoyed on many different budgets and these forums really help in making that happen (with ideas, suggestions, and insider tips to help people find the best options for their budget).

Just to say, I am the OP and I actually can afford to eat where ever I like, HOWEVER, I'm also fiscally responsible and do not like to waste my money on perceived value.

The question was to find perhaps a TS option or two at Epcot that might not have the over-inflated price tags that most of the other TS restaurants have. Looking for that hidden gem...or menu choice...that do exist in Disney World if you know where to look.

I'll give my own tip: Chefs de France
Quiche Lorraine $14.99 (they used to bring you "free" bread and butter - maybe they still do...order water to drink)
or the Lobster Bisque Soup or French Onion Soup $8.99

I like Sunshine Seasons and will probably do that for lunch or dinner. It is good food, many choices for a reasonable price. I've tried the French restaurant and really like it and actually there are a few options that are very cost efficient there, but I would like to maybe try something new. I've also been to Tempo Edo..it was "ok", but the cost there now is ridiculous, and I've tried the Mexican place. It was pretty good.

Just a side note; if a person can afford the tickets, Disney World can be enjoyed on many different budgets and these forums really help in making that happen (with ideas, suggestions, and insider tips to help people find the best options for their budget).

I agree 100% with you!!

Can adults order the kid options?
I've had no trouble with this for the QS BOG lunch. I pre-ordered the slow-cooked pork kids combo and no problem. I didn't want the adult-sized portion for lunch but did want to try it. It was very good :-)

Can adults order the kid options?
Yes, adults absolutely can order from the kids' menu - I do it all the time.

They frown on that very strongly, but they will let you.
They don't frown on it at all, actually. When you're paying for your meal with anything other than the DDP, you can order whatever you want. Even if you're on a DDP, they will let you use an adult entitlement for a kids' meal. Not a great value for a Guest, but, they'll let you do it.

The Plaza is a fantastic recommendation and some of the non-character meals at the resorts are good options too. The Grand Floridian Café is one of our very favorites. Kona Café is another good one. Drink water instead of soda and no apps or desserts, you'll be able to do it!

If you're in Epcot, then honestly so many of the counter service options are fantastic! A plate in Morocco can easily be shared by two people. China has some nice offerings. My DD loves Japan. Fish & Chips in Great Britain is good. We have way more fun picking and choosing that way, and most will be less than $15 per person.

Sit down meals, if you want to sit and relax, then yes I agree you can just do an appetizer and/or soup or salad.

I also agree with the OP: we can afford to splurge, but I prefer to not overspend on one trip. I'd rather go more often!

Kids menu options have gotten so tiny over the years; they're best for very young kids. Also, the prices for kids' meals have gone up a lot!

We also don't like huge meals when we're walking around all day (in the heat).

Even when she was a pre-teen the hostesses gave us the "eye" when we asked for a kids menu and some of the wait staff refused to serve her from it (even at Disney owned Wave and BOG). So if you go that route be prepared to get a bit of a cold shoulder.

Gosh, I hope not. I have an BOG breakfast ressie coming up and honestly nothing on the menu appeals to me. I was just planning on getting the scrambled eggs/bacon from the kids menu. Also, this is DD 11's first time going to Disney being an "adult". We are on the deluxe dining plan, but Im sure 99.99999999% of the time she will order a kids meal. She eats like a bird and is somewhat picky.

As a PP mentioned, consider your TS meal at lunch. Prices at many Epcot TS are significantly lower at lunch than dinner. Sometimes for the same entree. Restaurant Marrakesh is a good example. If paying OOP, I try to have my "big" meal at lunch when eating in the parks. The other option is to look at WDW resort restaurants as their menus can be slightly less $. Here are some of the places I often go to when paying OOP: Restaurant Marrakesh (lunch), Trails End dinner buffet at Fort Wilderness, Beaches & Cream (make reservations early as it fills quickly), Yak & Yeti (lunch - appies), Sanaa (lunch or dinner - look at the full bread service appie), Wolfgang Puck Express at DD and Earl of Sandwich at DD. Also consider Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. While a CS cafeteria, the entrees are actually very good and large portions eg rotisserie chicken.

We have our sit down meals at lunch. One reason is that is usually less expensive and the other reason is we walk off some of the calories during the afternoon. The portions are large and if I ate that big a meal at night, I would have trouble sleeping.
OP, even the appetizers are generously sized. If you want a meal, one of you can order a salad or appetizer and the other the main meal and share.

We've been to Disney 17 times and have done exactly 0 table service meals. We just can't justify the cost after paying entrance fees. We do counter service during the day, then on our days off or in the evenings when the parks close early, we head off site to eat. After paying $300 to get into Epcot, I'm not paying another $100 for a 2 hour spaghetti dinner once in there. Giordano's also delivers to the resort. We agree that there are many, many good counter service options in all of the parks(DHS is questionable) that we don't need to sink the dollars into a $100 meal inside a theme park.

A couple of things:

First off, not everywhere will let you order off the kids menu, and some of the World Showcase restaurants are pretty picky about this. They're also tiny portions; you're probably going to be better ordering an adult portion and splitting it, which I think most restaurants are OK with.

Secondly, I have no problem paying for an expensive meal when I think the food is worth it. Most of the time, I don't really think Disney food is worth the cost, so I have trouble justifying the cost. That alone stops me eating at TS restaurants all the time. Especially around the World Showcase, there are some really good QS meals. Morocco and France particularly have very good QS options.

A couple of things:

First off, not everywhere will let you order off the kids menu, and some of the World Showcase restaurants are pretty picky about this. They're also tiny portions; you're probably going to be better ordering an adult portion and splitting it, which I think most restaurants are OK with.

Secondly, I have no problem paying for an expensive meal when I think the food is worth it. Most of the time, I don't really think Disney food is worth the cost, so I have trouble justifying the cost. That alone stops me eating at TS restaurants all the time. Especially around the World Showcase, there are some really good QS meals. Morocco and France particularly have very good QS options.

I totally agree with both your points! Splitting a regular meal will probably 1) cost less, and 2) be a nicer size of better food. Also, I'd say at least half of the table service meals I've had over the years at Disney have been no where near worth the cost. A few have been very nice, but the rest, meh.

Well to be fair, you are at Disney World. If you can't afford to splurge on table service you probably shouldn't go.

It doesn't matter how you try to frame it, table service dining is a splurge as is a Disney World vacation in general. You will live without it if you don't do it, it is not necessary to survive.

If OP wants to do TS dining, OP should wait until OP has more savings to take OP's trip to WDW.

You appear to be changing your story. In your first post you seem to say OP shouldn't go to Disney, now you claim it's all about dining. Hmm....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter