Sister Wives

The guide said that Smith took other men's wives while they were still married.. I keep getting a Jeffers (I think that is his name) vibe for Smith.

Ann Young talks about that in her book. According to her, Smith basically had an affair with the woman and called it a "celestial marriage". In the book I believe it claimed that the woman's husband was not against it since it enabled him to get in with Smith's inner circle. Those men that ran the church basically used all of the money coming in to live very comfortably.

Well my whole opinion of this episode was that it was unnecessary to drag allllllll those children there to see Joseph Smith's roots. Really, how many of them got anything out of that trip?

It was wayyyy too much traveling for that number of people in such close quarters.

Also why did this show start with Janelle saying something along the lines of having thoughts from time to time of just LEAVING??? Hmm!

They need to do age appropriate trips for the kiddos. Trips the older kids would like which would NOT include the younger ones and trips for the younger kids that the older kids would NOT be interested in.

My mom pulled that kind of vacation when me and my sisters were in high school. My parents rented a RV and we traveled to the Eastern states. My mom took us to Shrines and made us pray when we got there.:rotfl2: We started pretending we were sleeping and wouldn't come out of the RV. After the 3rd one my dad pulled out a tv he snuck in and we were able to pull in tv stations with the rabbit ears.

After 3 days, we got some tour books at reststops and found things to do.

I am surprised only Cody flipped out and none of the kids protested.

I watch this show and like others have said, it's like a train wreck. You shouldn't watch but you can't help yourself.

I also watched and was a big fan of BIG LOVE on HBO.

I am just fascinated by the whole Polygamy thing. I have read numerous books on Polygamy and polygamist families. I have read the 19th Wife, the original and the new one. Loved them.

I sort of admire the strength of these women because I could never share my husband.

Of course I would LOVE to have a sister wife to help cook and clean and do laundry and watch the kids, but the part about sharing my husband is what I couldn't do. It hurts my feelings just to think about it. And I sure wouldn't share him 4 ways. I would be too jealous to deal with that.

I guess if you make yourself you can get use to anything eventually and if this is your religion and you GENUINELY believe that to get into heaven this is the lifestyle that you have to live, it might make it easier or might make it make more sense.

But I know they are stronger women than I am because I couldn't do it.

I also looked at the stuff they are selling on their website and even though the show is very popular I don't really see them selling very much of that over-priced cheap looking jewelry.

ANd nothing about how they dress makes me inclined to think they could sell clothing and handbags (which says is coming soon on the website) I don't think I would ever buy any of it.

The only thing I saw that was even remotely cute was the charm necklace and it was almost $300.

On the episode where it shows them launching the website they basically admitted that they priced the stuff really high because they need to make money to pay for those 4 homes.

I don't understand how they have been able to even keep supporting themselves unless they are making good bank off what the show pays them per episode. Unless Janelle and Kody both had big 401K accounts from the jobs they left in Utah.

Because how can they get approved for 4 house loans with nobody working and no income coming in? They could if they had a multi year signed contract with the network to keep making the show. But they didn't discuss what documents they provided to get that approval. And Robin had really bad credit. They performed some really fast magic to get her credit cleared up and got her approved for a house quicker than anybody else in real life could have.

Usually you can find out how much per episode shows pay but I can't find any real info about how much TLC pays the Browns. This is their second season after a very high rated first season so there is no telling how much they are getting from the show.

I really like the show but I will say that I will be irked if Kody goes trawling for a 5th wife and ends up marrying another one any time soon.

I know I read something before about the ideal number of wives being 7. I am not sure if that was the original info or if that is the fundamentalist info.

I'm disappointed that this Sunday's episode is the season finale. The season seemed so short.

edited to add: I read back a few pages of posts from the end here back and now see someone else saying something about 4 seasons ago on this show. I must have missed a few seasons then because I have only seen last season and this season I think. I am only on the second season. If there were 4 seasons I missed a lot.

Yes I said that but who was meris? Why mention him

I'm sure a majority of morons are related to the brothers and top leaders. They had 50 or 60 kids each

I'd like to know the actual reason behind plural marriage cause if its for kids you don't have to have multi wives to have a dozen or so kids. Ask the duggers

:lmao:

Why did Robyn's sister have to go on this trip with them?? She seems to be around alot when none of the other relatives come around. Maybe she's planning on being #5.....

Hi! I watched this show-3 episodes of this season-the other night when I couldn't sleep. These people are pretty dumb. Why would any of the women think Cody was a great husband; he can't organize a picnic. They don't even like each other, their kids could make better decisions than they could. I just don't get the attraction for any of them. That's a few hours I'LL never get back. The camping trip with two women in a hotel and the rest of the family...in cramped RV's...Cody insisting on spening equal time riding with each wife...I'd have given up my time or considered jumping out at a rest stop.

Why did Robyn's sister have to go on this trip with them?? She seems to be around alot when none of the other relatives come around. Maybe she's planning on being #5.....

Which one is Robyn's sister? I guess I never picked up on that - that she was with them.

Oops I swear I didn't mean to say morons lol. Honest I didn't

Minnielovesmickey this is the 4 season. Kate plus 8 were getting 250k per show by the end so I'm pretty sure these guys are making at Least 100k per an they are going into their 5 season starting in feb

I'd be really pissed if they lost these houses because they blew all that money. They are signed or shot 14 shows for the 5th season. That alone should pay off all the houses and then if the how tanks at least they have the houses and can get real jobs

As for their website. None of them are designers or even mentioned wanting to learn except one show with one of the daughters. But 1 kids can't design clothes for them when she isn't even out of high school
They need to get real

At least Kate figured that out and is working in TV but these guys think they can just say. I think i'll do ..... And boom it's a hit

I'm a few episodes behind, but just watched the one where they had to put the dog down. As someone who's been there done that and currently has a 12 year old dog (same age as the dog they put down) it hit close to home. My dog is slowing down, but thankfully he's got a lot more spring in his step than their dog did. I was on the treadclimber while I was watching it and just sobbed the whole time. I knew I shouldn't watch that one. :(

DH and I were talking about it and can't understand why any man would want to be "married" to that many women...4 women to nag him Lol. I'm not much of a nag, but I do like things done my way Lol, and I know he wouldn't want to deal with 4 of me. :rotfl:

I know I read something before about the ideal number of wives being 7. I am not sure if that was the original info or if that is the fundamentalist info.

I would guess 7 is a good number because that is one for each day of the week. Would make it easy to remember where you should be each day: Monday is Meri, Tuesday is Janelle, etc. So, Kody has 3 to go. Hope they bought 3 more lots on the culdesac or they will have to move again!!!

I wondered that too! Especially after the other family was featured on the show and told how two of the wives were also sisters. Which is really kind of out there to me. I kept thinking of this song on a cd my kids used to listen to: "I'm my own grandpa".:rotfl2:

The little clip of the next show has Cody going bonkers with Mary about her over spending on the house.

If they get 75K each per episode, they need to bag their jewelry business and just get a plain old job like everybody else. They have three possible self employed/business owner things mentioned and I doubt any of them work out.

Frankly, I think Meri and Robin should share a house. Mariah will likely be leaving soon and then it will be just Meri in a five bedroom house. Mixing up virgin drinks in her wet bar while she spends many nights alone. Makes no sense.

I think I remember them saying that when the new houses are built robins sister was going to be living with her.

A few episodes ago they introduced robyn's sister and said she was living with them and watching the kids while Robyn "works".

I thought that was what her sister wives were for, lol. So she's already a fifth woman Cody has to support.

I wish these people would specify what they mean by "work." Work does not seem to have the same meaning to them as it does to most everyone else.

Has anyone noticed Meri seems to be getting bigger every episode. I wonder if it is the stress of making a baby decision. If you have to think about it that long, you probably don't really want to.

Have I missed something or am I imagining that I don't see Robin's kids from her first marriage?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter