Sister Wives

I dvr'd it. I watched the episode today. I had to checkout their site. I didnt think their items are my style. Actually I'd be surprised if they made any profit, i just didnt care for any piece. The only one that stood out was the hands making a heart but those are some scarey hands-lol!

I like watching but cody really gets on my nerves. Someone please tell him he';s not HOT or SEXY. Drives me nuts when he runs his fingers through his hair -yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!

I thought the exact same thing. It was like they were asking you to please buy their stuff because they have all these expenses they need to cover.Like thats my problem?

And, while we're on the subject of Merri,what is it with those layered tops she wears? She always seems to have some type of sweater on with a spaghetti strap top over it. JMHO but I think its soooo frumpy!

Karen :)

Pretty sure they all dress in accord with their religion's value for modesty (remember the episodes with them in big t-shirts and bike shorts instead of swim suits?), which I respect, but it's not particularly flattering. I don't expect that adding "fashions" to their store will be a big winner for them.

I'm just so curious if that jewelry is really selling much. I guess there is no way to find out. I doubt they would admit that the site isn't doing well. Has anyone found out anything? No one is raving about it on the internet.

Pretty sure they all dress in accord with their religion's value for modesty (remember the episodes with them in big t-shirts and bike shorts instead of swim suits?), which I respect, but it's not particularly flattering. I don't expect that adding "fashions" to their store will be a big winner for them.

Yes, it is for modesty. But, why wear spaghetti straps with another shirt under it? Just wear 1 shirt! Like a shirt that buttons all the way up or a turtleneck!

i went on utube the other night to look up the first season and yes the dog was in the first show - i remember the show but not the dog - prob because he wasn't in other shows or maybe just 1 or 2

they all seemed pretty normal back then except the multi wife thing but if you didn't know that you would think everything was "normal"

meri had a job and was going to school - obviously she didn't finish in Utah but why not continue in LV?

Jenelle was working her butt off and christine was pergnant or just had the baby can't remember.

i can see why they don't want one huge compound in LV - they dont really consider it home even if they say its home i doubt it and i;m convinced they would love to move back to utah and if they built a huge home with 20 bedrooms who would want to buy that

now 4 years later none of them work and meri has turned into this whinny toddler waaaaa waaaa waaaa i wanted kids and only had one waaaa waaa waaaa i feel i deserve just as much as everyone else waaaaa waaaaa waaaa my house needs a friggen wet bar for god knows why waaaa waaaa i hate sliding doors and refuse to get them even though the others are

I"M BETTER THEN THEM AND IM THE FIRS WIFE SO I DESERVE IT
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

as far as i'm concerned that's meri's chef complaint is that she's the "wife" and why shouldn't she get a huge home even though it's just her 5 days out of the week. lets face it her kid is going off to college next year and finding her own why so tell me why does she need 5 flippen bedrooms not 2 or 3 tops????? none of the kids are going to sleep at her house when their bedroom is across the street. kids don't do that and even if they did it woulnd't be ALL of them just 1 or 2 at one time so 2 extra bedrooms is plenty for her kid and a guest room.

that's what blow up mattresses are for.

jennell seems to be the only level headed one there - she's the only one who is concerned with the finances and seems to be the only one willing to cut back - meri coudn't and wouldn't cut back on anything if her life dependend on it. a far cry from season 1 where she actually had a goal and was working towards it.

now 4 years later none of them work and meri has turned into this whinny toddler waaaaa waaaa waaaa i wanted kids and only had one waaaa waaa waaaa i feel i deserve just as much as everyone else waaaaa waaaaa waaaa my house needs a friggen wet bar for god knows why waaaa waaaa i hate sliding doors and refuse to get them even though the others are

Good one! :lmao:

And, you are right on all other points, too!

I don't know that a 2-3 BR house is available in that area. She might be limited to a 4 or 5 bedroom.

Okay, so I watched part of the other poly show last night "My Three Wives," and omg the Browns should send them a thank you note. They make the Browns and yes, even Kody, look so much more normal and down to earth and in my opinion likeable. I didn't finish watching "My 3 Wives," the dad just annoys me to no end and the daughter going into the more secluded, poly religious community/family just makes me feel so sad. The Browns seem 100% better when compared to this family in my opinion.

I'm such a loser - I can't believe I'm still watching this show. I was looking for My 3 Wives but I'm not seeing it on the TV schedule. When is it on?

I agree with the comments on why they are tying to do these businesses. They don't seem to have any business background. I had to check out the website but frankly the jewelery is not to my taste and I think it looks cheap = although it is not priced cheap. I cringe at the thought of them doing clothing. I also don't understand why they are wearing those 3/4 sleeve shirts with a tank top or spaghetti strap shirt over the top. :confused3

I have to admit I cried like a baby when they put Drake to sleep, so sad!

Yes, it is for modesty. But, why wear spaghetti straps with another shirt under it? Just wear 1 shirt! Like a shirt that buttons all the way up or a turtleneck!

EXACTLY...Its such a frumpy, unattractive look. :sad2:

Karen :)

Had to laugh at them and the way they travel. Thyself my family and there is only 4 of us lol

Hearing about their religion was interesting but I'm totally confused. So many names I'm gonna have to watch again to get it straight

2 hour final next week

There's a really old book called The 19th Wife by one of Brigham Young's wives that gives a whole different view on the start of the church and polygamy. It was interesting watching the show and how they present why Joseph Smith was killed.

What does the 19th wife say? Can you sum it up?

What does the 19th wife say? Can you sum it up?

Basically they were run out of Missouri for stealing and cheating their neighbors. They went to Illinois and started that community but were up to the same thing. Anyone not part of their religion was fair game to be cheated on business dealings and they were stealing from others who weren't of their religion. Polygamy wasn't discussed openly until they moved to Utah where it was made basically mandatory. The women hated it but were given no choice as it was dictated by their "prophet". It was only through "celestial marriage" that they could go to heaven.

I'm not sure that the murder of Joseph Smith was so much about Polygamy as it was about the church's practices at that time. It was very cult-like. If you look up the book - look for the one by Ann Eliza Young - that's the original. There is another one done recently, but I was referencing the original one done in the late 1800's. She did divorce Brigham Young so I guess you have to take it with a grain of salt but there are some pretty awful things that happened in that time period with the blessings of the church. I found it very interesting reading as my husband's ancestors were involved with the church at that time and were polygamists.

Very interesting

I found it interesting that they mentioned métis great great grandfather but don't say who he was other then his name Robyn's Herat grandfather or whoever he was - was the lawyer trying to get him out but who was Meris great grandfather?

It's strange that mention of him would be important as a bystander since they didn't say he was a witness or anything why would it be important to mention except for the show

I thought that Kody acted like a jerk thru much of that trip. He wanted to bark orders and have them obeyed? LOL- take a nap if you're cranky! I also didn't like how he was 'accusing' Christine of being a princess or told Merri to have a baby so she can stay at the hotel :confused3- this one time it didn't look like she was whinning about anything!

I too do not get the whole reason she's being so stubborn about 'extras' on the house. I believe she has to have a larger house because that's all that is offered on the lot they bought. Correct me if I am wrong- but I thought Mormons don't drink? Why does she need a wet bar? And the not wanting sliding glass doors is just nuts. Get over yourself- compromise is part of being a family and you should put some of your budget there for the other families- especially for extras like an extra bedroom or bathroom or extended kitchens since they have large families.

Yes I said that but who was meris? Why mention him

I'm sure a majority of morons are related to the brothers and top leaders. They had 50 or 60 kids each

I'd like to know the actual reason behind plural marriage cause if its for kids you don't have to have multi wives to have a dozen or so kids. Ask the duggers

Yes I said that but who was meris? Why mention him

I'm sure a majority of morons are related to the brothers and top leaders. They had 50 or 60 kids each

I'd like to know the actual reason behind plural marriage cause if its for kids you don't have to have multi wives to have a dozen or so kids. Ask the duggers

They mentioned the name of Meri's but I don't remember why he was significant. Probably might be if you were familiar with the church?

Well according to Ann Eliza Young it was basically a way for the mormon leaders to legitimize have "relations" with multiple women. Or in some cases to take advantage of women that were widowed and get control of their property. At least she implies that. Of course that meant that all of the followers were basically forced to also take on multiple wives whether they wanted to or not. She talks about her own family's struggle as her father had to take on a second wife and how hurtful it was to her mother. Most of these additional wives were left to fend for themselves. They did not necessarily live in large family compounds. They were place on a farm or in a home and their husband would visit occasionally but the women shouldered the brunt of the work.

The guide said that Smith took other men's wives while they were still married.. I keep getting a Jeffers (I think that is his name) vibe for Smith.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter