Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

:rotfl: OMG you guys are killing me!! :rotfl2:

Prisonyland...truly the crappiest place on earth!

I believe they have Lifetime shares, if you gain entrance the right way :thumbsup2pirate:

LOL Excellent!!! And food service! Man...sounds amazing!!! I wonder what kinda people I am going to meet there

Hey, at least in Prisonyland, EVERYONE can be a CM! Think about it; food prep, janitorial services, mousekeeping (probably with real mice lol), and even character performers! They're the ones providing the entertainment in Prisonyland, like prison fights and escape attempts! :thumbsup2

Love those Mickey soaps and toiletries? You'll have plenty in Prisonyland! Just don't drop 'em! :scared:

Want thrilling experiences and rides that you won't soon forget? Well then don't miss out on SEWING! LICENSE PLATE SIMULATOR! Oh, and don't forget ROCK BREAKAGE: THE RIDE! 1,200 lbs of stone just begging for your trusty pickaxe and sledgehammer! Can you break them all before the warden takes you away? Come on down and find out!
love05.gif

Lastly, every night they end their magical day by showing a beautiful blinding display of lights and sounds, like searchlights and sirens for those trying to escape! Makes everybody that witnesses it cry from sheer joy (or terror if you wanna be a realist ;))

Don't even get me started on one of their most prestigious hotels *coughcellblockscough*on property, THE CONTEMPTORARY! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

.....man, I had way too much fun with that. :lmao:

Wow yeah you did lol !!! I'm booking my next trip to prisony land!! You sold me!!! Do they have time shares I wonder? Lol

:offtopic: Soo, to DVR or to not DVR, I am moving into my own place, I have a DVR and love it...either I get the DVR or get more channels......what to do what to do!!

:offtopic: Soo, to DVR or to not DVR, I am moving into my own place, I have a DVR and love it...either I get the DVR or get more channels......what to do what to do!!

Just to complicate your question, I actually am recommending to everyone I know to go with a Roku box. TV on your own time, and you can cut your cable bill significantly. Wish I got commissions on these, because I'm constantly telling people about them! www.roku.com

In lieu of that, I would def go with a DVR if you like to time shift and not be tied down to watching when the shows are actually airing.

Just to complicate your question, I actually am recommending to everyone I know to go with a Roku box. TV on your own time, and you can cut your cable bill significantly. Wish I got commissions on these, because I'm constantly telling people about them! www.roku.com

In lieu of that, I would def go with a DVR if you like to time shift and not be tied down to watching when the shows are actually airing.

I do home daycare, and my nephew insists on watching mickey mouse clubhouse CONSTANTLY, so im worried if its not DVR'd, but if i get the DVR I wont get Disney XD which my 11 yr old loves, and Nick JR which my 6 yr old loves.....its soo hard lol

I second the recommendation for Roku!! I only use an antenna for my TV now but I rarely even watch regular TV anymore. I've got a subscription to Netflix and HuluPlus, which you can stream on your Roku player, and an Amazon Prime Membership. Netflix is $8.55/mo., HuluPlus is $7.00/mo. and the Amazon Prime Membership is $79.00/year. Now compare that to what you're paying a month for cable/satellite with the DVR. What I can't watch on any of these 3, I can usually find on the networks website.

Also, check out http://www.couchtuner.eu/. They have a bazillion shows and they're all FREE! That's where I go when the network website doesn't have a particular show on their site.

I second the recommendation for Roku!! I only use an antenna for my TV now but I rarely even watch regular TV anymore. I've got a subscription to Netflix and HuluPlus, which you can stream on your Roku player, and an Amazon Prime Membership. Netflix is $8.55/mo., HuluPlus is $7.00/mo. and the Amazon Prime Membership is $79.00/year. Now compare that to what you're paying a month for cable/satellite with the DVR. What I can't watch on any of these 3, I can usually find on the networks website.

Also, check out http://www.couchtuner.eu/. They have a bazillion shows and they're all FREE! That's where I go when the network website doesn't have a particular show on their site.

Is it possible to stream live sports on Roku? The main reason I have a higher subscription is for ESPN, etc. Thanks!

Is it possible to stream live sports on Roku? The main reason I have a higher subscription is for ESPN, etc. Thanks!

Yes, it is, actually! That's one of their selling points. They have MLB.TV,
NBA League Pass Broadband, NHL GameCenter, MLS LIVE, and UFC among others. Check out the website. You can see their entire lineup there.

Between free and subscription channels, Roku has over 750 available and they are constantly adding. This product has totally changed the way I watch TV. As a matter of fact, when I recently was offered a deal that gave me TV service from the cable company at just a little more cost, I found I was never watching it. I've gotten so used to watching what I want, when I want, and all in HD, I couldn't go back to flipping through channels.

I concur! Those are the same three subscriptions I pay for as well. HuluPlus is the real cable-killer, because you have everything from the major networks on demand (except CBS who are the big holdout when it comes to current shows). And I use Amazon Prime for the shipping deals on my orders anyway, so that's a no-brainer too.

Yes, it is, actually! That's one of their selling points. They have MLB.TV,
NBA League Pass Broadband, NHL GameCenter, MLS LIVE, and UFC among others. Check out the website. You can see their entire lineup there.

Between free and subscription channels, Roku has over 750 available and they are constantly adding. This product has totally changed the way I watch TV. As a matter of fact, when I recently was offered a deal that gave me TV service from the cable company at just a little more cost, I found I was never watching it. I've gotten so used to watching what I want, when I want, and all in HD, I couldn't go back to flipping through channels.

Thanks for the feedback! I flipped over to check it out and I think for what I'd want most, college football and basketball, it unfortunately wouldn't be available. I'm going to continue to research though.

Colorado.... So.... Comcast?

I'm thinking.... No DVR. Comcast has so much on-demand now for free that you almost don't need the old DVR anymore for simple time-shifting. MOST shows you can normally find on OnDemand the day after it airs.

Roku and some other options... like building your own DVR... can sometimes work, but you can lose some features or have to put in more work to see everything you want to see. There are pros and cons of every option that will really come down to what your priorities are.

(oh... and Netflix/Hulu/amazon are sometimes also available via your TV, Blu-Ray Player, or Game system's internet connected features. It might be worth looking to see if you already have access to these options via your existing equiptment before you decide to spend extra for a dedicated media box.)

DISCLAIMER: I actually work for a Cable Company, so I'm a bit biased... in part due to my knowledge of how the overall industry works.

Colorado.... So.... Comcast?

I'm thinking.... No DVR. Comcast has so much on-demand now for free that you almost don't need the old DVR anymore for simple time-shifting. MOST shows you can normally find on OnDemand the day after it airs.

Roku and some other options... like building your own DVR... can sometimes work, but you can lose some features or have to put in more work to see everything you want to see. There are pros and cons of every option that will really come down to what your priorities are.

(oh... and Netflix/Hulu/amazon are sometimes also available via your TV, Blu-Ray Player, or Game system's internet connected features. It might be worth looking to see if you already have access to these options via your existing equiptment before you decide to spend extra for a dedicated media box.)

DISCLAIMER: I actually work for a Cable Company, so I'm a bit biased... in part due to my knowledge of how the overall industry works.

Alright, I signed up for comcast, No DVR but 160 channels, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the on demand service comcast has. My xbox 360 streams netflix, so im good to go! Thanks for the input everyone :)

I concur! Those are the same three subscriptions I pay for as well. HuluPlus is the real cable-killer, because you have everything from the major networks on demand (except CBS who are the big holdout when it comes to current shows). And I use Amazon Prime for the shipping deals on my orders anyway, so that's a no-brainer too.

This drives me nuts! I watch Blue Bloods, The Good Wife and Person of Interest but to see any missed episodes I have watch on the CBS website (Blue Bloods and The Good Wife only). To watch Person of Interest I have to use the link that I posted in my earlier post.

Have you watched House of Cards on Netflix? That show is awesome! Love Kevin Spacey! I've heard good things about Orange is the New Black but haven't checked it out yet.

This drives me nuts! I watch Blue Bloods, The Good Wife and Person of Interest but to see any missed episodes I have watch on the CBS website (Blue Bloods and The Good Wife only). To watch Person of Interest I have to use the link that I posted in my earlier post.

Have you watched House of Cards on Netflix? That show is awesome! Love Kevin Spacey! I've heard good things about Orange is the New Black but haven't checked it out yet.

Yes, I got into a couple "House of Cards" marathons to get through the series. I got hooked on it from episode one, and kept on watching. I haven't seen "Orange..." yet either, but I've heard good things. I am struggling to get through "Hemlock Grove". I thought I'd like it a lot more than I have so far. I am only four or so episodes in so far, after several weeks.

Yes, I got into a couple "House of Cards" marathons to get through the series. I got hooked on it from episode one, and kept on watching. I haven't seen "Orange..." yet either, but I've heard good things. I am struggling to get through "Hemlock Grove". I thought I'd like it a lot more than I have so far. I am only four or so episodes in so far, after several weeks.

Just searched "Hemlock Grove"...looks interesting. Do you watch "Mad Men", "The Killing" and "The Americans"? I've watched the first 3 seasons of "Justified" on Amazon Prime. Really good series! The first 3 seasons are free but then you have to pay for Seasons 4 and 5. Boo! :(

Good grief...sounds like all I do is watch TV! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter